Moparts

Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete

Posted By: DaveDudek

Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/28/11 08:36 PM

I'm looking to make my 68 Bee a radio delete car, did the radio delete cars in 68 have a hole in the fender for the antenna? Thanks!
Posted By: A12

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/28/11 10:39 PM

Dave, if a radio was never installed at the factory (not on the original order form) then there was no hole in the fender and there was a filler plate in the dash where the radio would have been. If the car left the factory with a radio in the dash and then the buyer said he didn't want or need a radio then the dealer would remove (delete) the ordered radio, order a filler plate and then remove the antenna and put a metal antenna deletion plug in the factory punched in fender antenna mounting hole. The fender antenna hole plugs were chrome from what I've seen.

Not ordered from the factory radio cars had no antenna hole in the fender, dealer/owner deleted radio cars had a hole and were filled with a chrome plug.

MikeR
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/28/11 10:52 PM

Fill it and paint it!

...too bad it's got the black rallye dash; I have an NOS woodgrain "radio delete" plate.......and yes, Johnrr, I know that technically you can't delete a non-standard accessory!

Dave, you should start a thread in the Projects section; I'm sure many of us are interested in how this car comes together. it was sure a nice clean starting point.

Dave
Posted By: topside

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/29/11 02:17 AM

My '68 Roadrunner never had a radio, no hole in the fender. Fender is original to the car, BS sheet shows no radio.
Can't recall if the '68 Bee used the same ribbed cluster bezel as the Charger, but check the BE&A website for the "no radio" plate.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/29/11 02:32 AM

Quote:

My '68 Roadrunner never had a radio, no hole in the fender. Fender is original to the car, BS sheet shows no radio.
Can't recall if the '68 Bee used the same ribbed cluster bezel as the Charger, but check the BE&A website for the "no radio" plate.

You may want to check your email !!
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/29/11 02:33 AM

NO hole
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/29/11 04:17 AM

My A12 RR had no hole
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/29/11 12:16 PM

The only cars I remember with a factory fender plug for no radio were the Aspen/Volare' models.
Posted By: cdp

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/29/11 12:36 PM

A member here is restoring a PureStock 73-74 Dodge Dart and his car has the fender plug. First one I've ever seen. Now I keep a look out for them when junk-yarden.
Posted By: Seth_Jones

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/29/11 05:50 PM

74 Duster fender plug

Attached picture 6705470-radiodeleteplug.JPG
Posted By: DaveDudek

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/30/11 01:21 AM

Thanks guy's.. Now is the right time to let the body guy know.
Posted By: Troy

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 06/30/11 03:36 PM

....don't forget the rubber body plug in the door jam were the antena cable went through.
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 07/04/11 07:26 PM

i agree no hole....
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 07/06/11 06:06 AM

My '68 Roadrunner is a delete car and and NO hole!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 07/06/11 01:35 PM

Quote:

Dave, if a radio was never installed at the factory (not on the original order form) then there was no hole in the fender and there was a filler plate in the dash where the radio would have been. If the car left the factory with a radio in the dash and then the buyer said he didn't want or need a radio then the dealer would remove (delete) the ordered radio, order a filler plate and then remove the antenna and put a metal antenna deletion plug in the factory punched in fender antenna mounting hole. The fender antenna hole plugs were chrome from what I've seen.

Not ordered from the factory radio cars had no antenna hole in the fender, dealer/owner deleted radio cars had a hole and were filled with a chrome plug.

MikeR

Posted By: tallzag

Re: Did a 68 Bee a have hole in fender for radio delete - 07/08/11 01:30 AM

On a 65 Fury cop car I had they even put a black cardboard piece under the top middle dash grill so you could not see through the top.
© 2024 Moparts Forums