Moparts

Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles?

Posted By: 70440SIXPK

Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/08/11 03:07 PM

Anyone have any idea who has the best repro outer door handles for a 70 challenger? I see a lot on ebay etc. for decent prices.. I figured I'd get some professional input prior to a purchase.. Thanks!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/08/11 05:09 PM

IIRC nobody has Challenger Repro OUTER door handles, just Cuda, which are flat, Challenger have a slight curve to the main body,...NOS may be your only choice, or rechrome, although some use the Cuda door handles in the Challenger, they will leave a gap
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/08/11 06:14 PM

Quote:

IIRC nobody has Challenger Repro OUTER door handles, just Cuda, which are flat, Challenger have a slight curve to the main body,...NOS may be your only choice, or rechrome, although some use the Cuda door handles in the Challenger, they will leave a gap

We did do the correct Challenger outer door handles.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/08/11 09:11 PM

From the factory there are 3 sets of e-body door handles.

1970 to mid-'71 Barracuda ("convex")
1970 to mid-'71 Challenger ("concave")
mid-'71 to '74 e-body ("flat")

Just like the side marker lights - exterior door handles became "generic". $$$
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/08/11 10:22 PM

Isn't there someone that rebuild door handles?
Posted By: JulesdaWiperman

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/08/11 11:25 PM

Yes. Me.
Jules

Attached picture 6673177-challengerhandles(1).jpg
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/08/11 11:35 PM

Quote:

Yes. Me.
Jules

*Slaps Jules upside the head*

Why didn't you tell me that before?

I'll drop you an email tonight - I got lots of them
Posted By: burdar

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/09/11 10:55 PM

I got mine from Dales Cuda Shop. THey are the correct concave ones for 70-71.
Posted By: bizz

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/10/11 02:40 AM

a Jules those door handle will look go on my future challenger.
Bourdon
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/10/11 01:12 PM

Quote:

I got mine from Dales Cuda Shop. THey are the correct concave ones for 70-71.

Got my 70 Challenger ones from Josh's who is no longer in business. But my understanding is his were the exact same as Dale's. They do have the correct concave and look pretty nice. And if you decide to go with Jules and have yours redone, you won't regret it. Jules does wonderful work.

Joe
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/10/11 01:42 PM

I bought these crapy one's from Jules. He warned me that they were not top notch and would only be good for a driver like my car. Some of his handles are even better than these original restored.

Gave me a good deal on them and I can't even find any flaws, I'm very happy with them and they have been on the car 5 years now.

Here's one of my door handles that I was gonna run, just couldn't bolt these on, got mine off Ebay from Jules. Thanks Jules.

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/11/11 02:29 PM

Gary,
those look pretty good once installed.
Thanks
Jules
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/11/11 02:38 PM

Jules,
Your the MAN!!! Is there anything you don't restore?

Ray

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/11/11 02:56 PM

I wasnt aware that the originals could be restored?! The repros that you got from jules looks great... But like we all know... theres nothing like OEM

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/11/11 05:51 PM

Nathan those were not repros. I don't sell repros.
Those were originals that I felt were just not up to snuff so I sold
them for less.
Rayz, there is lots of stuff I don't restore.... lawn mowers, toasters but I did do a boat trailer for my ex boss once.
Jules

Attached picture 6677765-after8.jpg

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/11/11 05:55 PM

and now that Fiat is part of Chrysler I can admit to restoring this complete car for his brother.
1964 500 suicide door .

Attached picture 6677770-frontfascia.jpg

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/11/11 09:35 PM

Quote:

I wasnt aware that the originals could be restored?! The repros that you got from jules looks great... But like we all know... theres nothing like OEM

Those were original door handles that Jules restored with the correct curvature for my 71 car in that gold car above.

I was being goofy when I said crapy because to me they were perfect but Jules did tell me there more for a driver.

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/12/11 04:57 AM

I see... Man if those are not "up to par" for Jules.. I'd like to see what is "perfect" in his opinion!! Those handles look great! My originals are in nice rebuildable condition... Cant wait to get em done! I think repops are something to the tune of 140... I questioned the quality due to the price... Seems fairly cheap for such a elaborate looking part (chrome,satin,etc.)

Challenger 1 - The handles that you were going to run look like they are the "concave" cuda style?
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/12/11 03:18 PM

Quote:

I see... Man if those are not "up to par" for Jules.. I'd like to see what is "perfect" in his opinion!!

EXACTLY, even things that Jules thinks aren't top notch are really nice. In fact, I bought this Emergency Brake from Jules for my project. He did this piece and felt like it was not up to par. While I understand where Jules was coming from, it was perfect for my project. You will be happy if you have him redo yours.

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/12/11 03:23 PM

It is best to be honest about the outcome of a part than have a client be disappointed about the results.
Some parts just cannot be brought back to new without major investment. There are all kinds of
restoration projects out there and what I call a driver part will be just fine for someone.
Thanks
Jules
Posted By: johnscudashop

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/12/11 03:34 PM

I am so glad to see that someone takes pride in his work.Some of the repro parts today are good but nothing beats orginal correctly restored parts.https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Projects&Number=6313383&page=0&fpart=3

Attached picture 6679002-100_2141.jpg

Re: Best Repro Challenger Outer Door Handles? - 06/12/11 04:28 PM

Quote:

Challenger 1 - The handles that you were going to run look like they are the "concave" cuda style?

Yup they were, probably a replacement handle installed at some point before I bought the car. It wasn't bolted on the car in that picture, so it was a little loose.
© 2024 Moparts Forums