Moparts

70 Superbee dash/cluster question

Posted By: Quikshft

70 Superbee dash/cluster question - 09/20/08 04:53 PM

Hey guys, when I got my project I acquired extra parts as well, I have two guage clusters and two appropriate woodgrain faces. As you can see one has a fourth 'slot' for a "flasher" and one does not. Which is correct for a 70 Superbee?

Attached picture 4698629-woodgrainbezels.JPG
Posted By: cdp

Re: 70 Superbee dash/cluster question - 09/20/08 06:05 PM

the top is correct for 70 Bee. The bottom is for a 69 B/Charger.
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: 70 Superbee dash/cluster question - 09/20/08 06:43 PM

Yes, the B body flasher switch is on the steering column starting in 1970. The bezel on the bottom is 69 Charger SE .

Greg

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair Specializing in restoration and sales of Mopar A B E body radios
We can restore YOUR radio usually in less than 7 days
Visit our NEW website..
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com
gregward@mchsi.com
phone 256-852-0955
Posted By: 375inStroke

Re: 70 Superbee dash/cluster question - 09/20/08 10:11 PM

So the Bee has woodgrain? I thought it would be black, or is the wood an overlay?
Posted By: HPMike

Re: 70 Superbee dash/cluster question - 09/20/08 10:53 PM

Quote:

So the Bee has woodgrain? I thought it would be black, or is the wood an overlay?

The woodgrain is actually a thin overlay with a tin(?) backing.

70 R/T

Attached picture 4699118-LOCKUP006(Medium).jpg
Posted By: cdp

Re: 70 Superbee dash/cluster question - 09/20/08 11:28 PM

All Bee's had the woodgrain. Which makes or an expensive dash restoration. I think the whole kit for bezels and woodgrain is around $650.

I have a 70-B myself and have asked this question before. You could do a tape overlay, but in the end, it still looks like tape.

Hey, is that the R/T from "LOCK UP". I see Stalone autographed it?
Posted By: Quikshft

Re: 70 Superbee dash/cluster question - 09/21/08 02:15 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess if I had thought about it I would have seen the 'flasher' switch on my steering column and eliminated the other cluster.

On the woodgrain issue, yep it's an expensive portion of the dash resto. I know there are some pretty good repros out there which aren't exactly direct replacements or what could be called 'correct', but they sure look good. Since I have all my pieces including a nice radio face plate I'm leaning toward having them restored, what are the choices there? Who does a good job fixing up originals? I know at one point I would have just sold my original pieces in order to purchase the repros.
© 2024 Moparts Forums