Moparts

Daytona and C500 Windshield trim

Posted By: Bowtie Shop

Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 05:01 PM

Can anyone help me with detailed photos of a Daytona or Charger 500 added side windshield trim piece. I am talking about the wide wind deflector on the A pillar.

Thanks, Joe
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 05:04 PM

If noone has done it, I can do it from home with my Daytona and C500..
I'll look elsewhere until then and if I find something, I'll post.

Troy

OK,, Found something on the Charger Board..
Deflector thread on the Charger Board.. Click...
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 05:28 PM

Quote:

Can anyone help me with detailed photos of a Daytona or Charger 500 added side windshield trim piece. I am talking about the wide wind deflector on the A pillar.

Thanks, Joe

Joe,there is a guy over on Dodge Charger.com that makes the wind deflectors. His name is Larry. His user name on the forum is Daytonalo. I think he gets $325 per pair. They are made of stainless as the originals were.

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 05:59 PM

Thanks, I have the deflectors, however I was not the person who removed them from the car. I have all the trim polished and wanted to install everything, doing it correctly the first time.

Joe

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 06:12 PM

Joe,When you install them,it's easier to put the outer edge over the rain gutter,and start the screws,but don't tighten them all the way. The tabs on the edge towards the windshield go into the lap seam of the windshield gasket. It may be easier to unzip the gasketseam to get the screws started. Zip the gasket back together before tightening them all the way. Tighten the ones on the windshield side first. Then tighten the ones in the door jam. You may have to apply some pressure to get a tight fit. Pete

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 06:18 PM

Thanks for the link. I didn't believe that the screws would show next to the windshield gasket. That was my reason for requesting pictures. I thought I was doing something wrong or was missing and additional piece of trim. I had the photos we took before disassembling the car however there were no detial photos of that area.

If you have the time and don't mind, a few more photos of the area at the windshield gasket would be awesome.

Thanks again, Joe

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 07:07 PM

Yeap Joe, they rather grudely assembled them together. Gotta take the window seal channel out first, install the deflectors and then reinstall the window seal channel. This is the reason the Superbirds have two screws directly into the deflectors, don't have to mess around disassembling the car..

Yo Pete..

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 08:06 PM

Hey Troy,are you driving the 500 yet?

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/07/11 08:17 PM

Quote:

Hey Troy,are you driving the 500 yet?

Oh Lord no.. I wish... We're trying to refinance the house now to cash-out to pay off that big debt of mine you know about. I'm working with a local friend of mine to try and get a bulk order of AMD products to get free shipping. If so, I'll be able to get the floorpan. Barring that, I still need to get the complete brake system going. I'm fairly confident on the drivetrain now.

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/08/11 01:02 PM

Hey Joe..
Troy here..
I went to church last night and got home late. Took some pictures, but I can forward them to you this afternoon after I download them to the computer. I'll send you my cell number if you have particular questions..

Troy

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/09/11 02:22 PM

Hey Joe,
I'm going to email you some pictures.... Sorry for the delay..

Troy

Attached picture 6576431-DSC03384.jpg

Re: Daytona and C500 Windshield trim - 04/11/11 07:37 PM

Thanks again troy! The pictures really helped! With a name like "The Bowtie Shop" you can see I'm not super familiar with a Charger!

Things are moving along great though!

Joe
© 2024 Moparts Forums