Moparts

Cuda Trim Restoration Shop

Posted By: 19cuda73

Cuda Trim Restoration Shop - 03/26/11 04:35 AM

I have some nice anodized trim pieces from the tail panel on my cuda. Very few dents but they have lots of scratches. Who can recommend someone to restore these and what do they charge?

Thanks Dennis

Attached picture 6550051-portlandparts084.jpg
Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

Re: Cuda Trim Restoration Shop - 03/26/11 07:20 AM

There are only a few shops that can do it correctly. In any case, it will be VERY expensive. I used King of trim in CA with good results before.
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Cuda Trim Restoration Shop - 03/26/11 06:12 PM

Check prices. BE/A has repro that was cheaper than refinishing mine. I am keeping my originals as they are always better than reproductions. Just cannot justify the expense of redoing them at this time and BE/A's look great to me. If your are going to show yours, money redoing the originals will be well spent. If it is a cruise restoration, the reproductions will be fine.
Craig

Attached picture 6550669-6168063-DSC_0560(Medium).JPG
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Cuda Trim Restoration Shop - 03/26/11 10:02 PM

Quote:

I have some nice anodized trim pieces from the tail panel on my cuda. Very few dents but they have lots of scratches. Who can recommend someone to restore these and what do they charge?

Thanks Dennis

Let me share something with you. You should put them in a plastic tube that doesn't bend or some equivalent. I sent mine out sandwiched between some wood paneling via FedEx to BE&A and they arrived bent.
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: Cuda Trim Restoration Shop - 03/27/11 04:48 AM

remove 'em.

'72-'74s look better w/o the Gran Coupe trim.
© 2024 Moparts Forums