Posted By: demon440

Re: Bought a new car you guys are the first to see it. - 05/18/08 02:14 AM

Very cool car.
What did you give for it?
I know where there are 2 of them,
need to know what they go for.
Posted By: Waveraider

Re: Bought a new car you guys are the first to see it. - 05/18/08 02:20 AM

Wow! From your last post on the RR, I thought you bought another total restoration project. Your Bee looks awesome!
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 04:53 AM

The stripe options are V6__ = C stripe, or V8__for the bumblebee stripe . The missing 3rd digit is the color of the stripe. Or if the last digit is an 8, it was a stripe delete .
That's the wrong air cleaner base by the way, but you probably already knew that.

Greg

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair Specializing in restoration and sales of Mopar A B E body radios
We can restore YOUR radio usually in less than 7 days
Visit our NEW website..
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com
gregward@mchsi.com
phone 256-852-0955
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 11:38 AM

yea I kind of figured it was the wrong air cleaner, but didnt know for sure because it looked weird. Do you know what car the air cleaner is from?
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 02:13 PM

Quote:

The car has the matching fender tag and everything, btw how do I know if the car had the trail stripe originally?

Following up on Greg's post regardng the stripe code...

ST. Louis and LA built cars do show the stripe code on the tag but Lynch Road built cars do not. Lynch Road tags will show stripe delete or V88.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 06:26 PM

Quote:

Do you know what car the air cleaner is from?

The air cleaner is from a non fresh air six pack car. If you plan to restore it it would not have had a Ramcharger hood being it looks to be an A/C car.
Posted By: Y3 70 BEE

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 08:11 PM

Looks like you have a charger instrument cluster and there is no woodgrain on the dash. All 70 bees have the woodgrain dash.
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 09:21 PM

Very nice BEE!!! I always wanted a Bee, but never had one. It will be my next car. Enjoy!

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 10:43 PM

Quote:

Looks like you have a charger instrument cluster and there is no woodgrain on the dash. All 70 bees have the woodgrain dash.

All of the interior (seats etc) are from a charger I was told. so the trim on the dash is also from a charger??? Or the whole dash?

Because I know the previous owner told me the dash was taken out to put in the ac blower motor. Because I don't believe the car had AC originally and the guy wanted it installed.

Posted By: topside

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/18/08 11:10 PM

Nice find, congratulations! I agree with the Magnums, or 15" Rallyes, if you want a stock look. I see some weirdness on the firewall, and with the dash vents, I wonder if it was an A/C car with the firewall converted to non-A/C. I don't think the center vents would be standard equipment in '70. The ft seats are '68 Charger, and worth some $$$ if they're nice. Ditto the 440 Six-Pak setup if you decide to swap a 383 back in. Were the Rallye gauges standard in '70, or were they optional?
If you don't mind a suggestion, the ignition coil's mounted in a high-heat area.
Posted By: Y3 70 BEE

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 01:23 AM

The cluster is from a 68 charger or bee. Seen that car on the bag hope there are no hidden issues.

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 01:59 AM

yea, that makes sense since the interior must be from the same 68' Charger.

The guy told me the interior was completely trashed and he bought all the charger stuff from a parts car, I just didn't know that cluster stuff was also from a charger. He also hacked the [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] out of the firewall trying to install that ac motor. It looks absolutely terrible. I'm probably going to rip it out and weld a patch panel in there.

I knew the car was not 100% original/correct, if it was I probably couldn't afford it.

Thanks for the heads up guys.
Posted By: Quikshft

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 04:18 AM

Looks like a great car to enjoy driving while you collect a few parts and/or do some work to bring it closer to it's orginal appearance.
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 06:09 AM

Why the H LL do people start theads, get replys and then can them?

EDIT: Nice find Glad I got to see the pics

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 06:36 AM

sorry, changed the host..
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 01:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

All of the interior (seats etc) are from a charger I was told. so the trim on the dash is also from a charger??? Or the whole dash?

Because I know the previous owner told me the dash was taken out to put in the ac blower motor. Because I don't believe the car had AC originally and the guy wanted it installed.

Looks like it has the 68 lower pads as 70 had plastic. Where is the ign switch? 70 is on the column 68/9 on the dash.
Posted By: stroked470

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 01:28 PM

A friend of mine was watching that car, he is a Chevy guy not a Mopar guy, after talking with the owner he was confused. The way he talked the owner was not really a Mopar guy either so it was like the blind leading the blind. He bought a 70 Charger listed on here instead. When he went to buy it he actually bought a restorable 70 Superbee 440 6 pak car also.

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 03:59 PM

the ignition switch is on the column.
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Bought a new car (1970 Super Bee) - 05/19/08 06:24 PM

Quote:

the ignition switch is on the column.

Are the lower pads & glove box door plastic?
© 2024 Moparts Forums