Moparts

Removing Hard Blok?

Posted By: Desmond

Removing Hard Blok? - 05/15/08 04:02 PM

Anybody ever have any success getting Hard Blok water jacket filler out of a block? Any magic method? I don't want to junk the block.
Posted By: A47

Re: Removing Hard Blok? - 05/15/08 11:24 PM

there is a type of acid ..that has been used .. think its called muric acid . but don't quote me on it . takes a long time though ..sure it was mentioned in a thread on here a while a go

one of the Dudes on the race only forum will know i'm thinking
Posted By: bordin34

Re: Removing Hard Blok? - 05/16/08 12:24 AM

Be careful, Muriatic Acid + Aluminum = bomb
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Removing Hard Blok? - 05/16/08 01:16 AM

Frankly, if it was done properly, it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible. And I would worry that if you managed to get it to break up, you will be hard pressed to get out all of the pcs., which will make a mess of your cooling system.

Unless it's the original motor to your car, sell it to a racer and move on.
Posted By: 68CoronetRT

Re: Removing Hard Blok? - 05/16/08 01:28 AM

Quote:

Frankly, if it was done properly, it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible. And I would worry that if you managed to get it to break up, you will be hard pressed to get out all of the pcs., which will make a mess of your cooling system.

Unless it's the original motor to your car, sell it to a racer and move on.

It's not worth the hassle or the risk.
Posted By: Michael

Re: Removing Hard Blok? - 05/17/08 09:41 PM

Forget it
Posted By: RobR

Re: Removing Hard Blok? - 05/21/08 10:39 PM

You can't take it out...
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Removing Hard Blok? - 05/22/08 06:26 PM

one could get it all out if they bored all the cylinders out till they were gone , chipped it out , the resleeved the entire block ...

but i doubt thats hardly worth the effort or the cost unless its your matching numbers block ...
© 2024 Moparts Forums