Moparts

Shaker studs

Posted By: FY1TA

Shaker studs - 02/13/11 01:53 AM

Who is repairing broken studs on shaker trim rings ?
Posted By: YYZ

Re: Shaker studs - 02/13/11 03:22 AM

Contact member mccannix - he had a source that would do them as original using a zinc rod.
Posted By: N9671X2

Re: Shaker studs - 02/13/11 04:13 PM

Had a few bad on a a shaker challenger years ago. I ground them flush, put ring on hood and marked center of the hole of studs I needed to repair. Drilled and tapped through the entire ring, ran a machine bolt down through the top so it had a correct finished end the nut would go over. I remember setting them with jb weld and then grinding them down flush on top, needed very little spot putty to finish off on top.
Posted By: magnum440

Re: Shaker studs - 02/13/11 10:25 PM

Quote:

Had a few bad on a a shaker challenger years ago. I ground them flush, put ring on hood and marked center of the hole of studs I needed to repair. Drilled and tapped through the entire ring, ran a machine bolt down through the top so it had a correct finished end the nut would go over. I remember setting them with jb weld and then grinding them down flush on top, needed very little spot putty to finish off on top.

thats pretty much what i did except i used red loctite and used allmetal on top first after grinding top,then small amount of putty...was fairly easy...

Attached picture 6473881-100_1731.JPG
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Shaker studs - 02/13/11 10:50 PM

depends on how many are broken off, I just left my 2 alone..
© 2024 Moparts Forums