Moparts

1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question?

Posted By: CUDAAR

1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/26/11 03:34 PM

The information on my door VIN decal has pretty much completely faded off the original sticker. I am looking to replace it & would like to include the correct info. Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct weights & info to do this properly? I have the original broadcast sheet & my title lists a total weight of 3460.
Thanks,
Lou

Attached picture 6439350-Vin002.jpg
Posted By: Morty426

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/26/11 05:38 PM

ECS should be able to help you.

BTW - It's cool that car was made at midnight

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/26/11 05:48 PM

They said they could get it "close". I was just checking to see if the info was available elsewhere.
Thanks
Lou
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/26/11 10:06 PM

I can give you the information off the door sticker from my 74 360 duster. I would think it's all the same, except the vin and production date. Let me know if you want it. Ernie
Posted By: Evil Monkey

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/27/11 11:31 AM

Quote:

I can give you the information off the door sticker from my 74 360 duster. I would think it's all the same, except the vin and production date. Let me know if you want it. Ernie

Another thing that would be different is the MDH in the lower left corner. That's the Month-Day-Hour that the car rolled down the assembly line. It looks like the OP still has that showing on his, so it could be reproduced on a copy sticker.

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/27/11 07:23 PM

Ernie,
Thanks for replying to my post. Welcome, I see that was your first post. I would be interested in knowing what your label says if it is the original. Also, what is the vehicle weight listed on your NY title? You can either post the info or send me a picture of your label if you feel comfortable doing that. My car is a 4 speed, what is yours?
Thanks again,
Lou

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/27/11 07:43 PM

Thanks Tom,
I did not know that MDH stood for Month/Date/Hour. When Morty426 said the car was built at midnight, I thought he was commenting on how dark the picture was!{LOL} My fender tag says C05-December 5th 1973. Can anyone tell me what the MDH numbers are? I can make out the day as 08 and the hour as 00? Is it common that the fender tag date of C05 not match the MDH of ??/08/00
Thanks,
Lou
Posted By: ECS

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/27/11 08:01 PM

Quote:

Is it common that the fender tag date of C05 not match the MDH of ??/08/00
Thanks,
Lou

Hi Lou,
Is is very common for the SPD to be different than the actual build date. Your car was built on January 8th. The engine size will be the common denominator that determines the weight. The other options will also be a factor as to how the weights plays out. For instance, a 360 CID engine (L Code) could have a GVWR of 4885. The GAWR Front would be 2470 and the GAWR Rear would be 2415. The options will determine the various weight combination's that could have resulted. Hopefully this helps!

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/27/11 09:10 PM

Thank you Dave,
I will be in touch shortly with an order.
-Lou
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/28/11 12:31 AM

Lou, I just had ECS make a new tag for my car, my original is in good condition, but I'm getting the car repainted including door jambs and don't want to tape it off. The numbers they posted are the the same as my car. It's a automatic with a fold down back seat and factory air. The new tag looks real good.
My registration weight is 3627 lbs. but I don't know how accurate that is. I also removed the tire presure tag from the door jamb, sent it to ECS and he made a exact copy. He said he was going to add it to his inventory. Ernie

Attached picture 6442007-duster019.JPG
Posted By: TimS

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/28/11 02:20 AM

Quote:

Ernie,
Thanks for replying to my post. Welcome, I see that was your first post. I would be interested in knowing what your label says if it is the original. Also, what is the vehicle weight listed on your NY title? You can either post the info or send me a picture of your label if you feel comfortable doing that. My car is a 4 speed, what is yours?
Thanks again, Lou

Lou,
74 4spd sounds cool. That's pretty rare I bet. They only made 3900 or so 360 cars as is. Do you know the production #'s for the 4spd 360's by chance?? Thanks, Tim.

Re: 1974 Duster 360 Door VIN Decal Question? - 01/28/11 03:19 PM

Ernie,
Thanks for taking the time to post the picture. I didn't want to just guess at the info or copy someone else's weight numbers if I could help it. I was hoping that info would be coded on my broadcast sheet or available in a service manual.

Tim,
My first car in '75 was a '74 Duster 318, console auto, black with a white 1/2 canopy vinyl top. I was able to locate the current owner in the late 90's, but he would not part with it. I found this numbers matching 360 4speed TX9 black bucket seat Duster locally in 1999. I was only going to "clean it up" & make it safe & dependable, but the plan changed midstream. With the help of my friend, Peter [GMachineDartGT], I am working on getting it back on the road after years of dormancy. I am not sure of production figures, but I think it may be around 500 for the 4speed cars.

Thanks,
Lou
© 2024 Moparts Forums