Moparts

Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers.

Posted By: TimS

Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/11/11 12:34 PM

The paint shop is almost finished with my 68 Super Bee and I'm in need of some good bumpers. I have gotten them from the Bumper Boyz in the past. Are there any other places close to Indiana I could get them from that anyone could recommend?
Posted By: BTTG

Re: Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/11/11 01:14 PM

I got mine from Tri City Plating in Tennessee. Have heard nothing but good things about them. I picked mine up in Carlisle, but believe that shipping would only have been about $40.

bumpers were $375 each (69 Coronet) w/ core exchange. very nice show quality chrome in my opinion.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/11/11 03:57 PM

Quote:

I got mine from Tri City Plating in Tennessee. Have heard nothing but good things about them. I picked mine up in Carlisle, but believe that shipping would only have been about $40.

bumpers were $375 each (69 Coronet) w/ core exchange. very nice show quality chrome in my opinion.

By far the best place to get them. Had mine shipped to me, it only took like 36 hours to get challenger bumpers.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/11/11 05:47 PM

Stay away from what used to be Northstar plating and is now called Keystone Automotive. I had my 1970 'Cuda bumpers done there. They welded an extra hole that was drilled in the rear bumper and did an average looking finish job on blending and feathering the area out prior to plating it. The low spot was evident on bench inspection, but isn't noticable on the car because of the downward facing angle. Also, they left unplated bolt holes on the bottom of the front bumper that were rough and crudy looking. Granted, I'm a perfectionist, but they could have done a much better job on prep and finish detail with just a little more work and craftsmanship.

Attached picture 6410946-IMG_1538(Large).JPG

Re: Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/11/11 06:22 PM

Quote:

Yes I've heard of them. They are the guys I see setup across from the Bumper Boyz in the swap area at the Mopar Nationals every year I believe.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/12/11 01:22 AM

Tri city plating and nobody else!!
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/12/11 08:30 AM

STAY AWAY from Bumper Boyz. I bought a rear RR bumper for my resto while at the Nats to save shipping costs.
I finished the car 7 months later, pulled the bumper out of the wrap, and found some rust starting already, some chrome flaking in that arear, etc. (stored in my spare bedroom) I called them and since it was past 6 months they would NOT stand behind there work. I told them there isn't any bolt marks on it, never installed yet, etc and they said SORRY.
I put it on my race car, got another 1 from Tri City for the resto and have had no problems since. I am going to advertise for BBoyz and put their name on my rear bumper on the race car so all can see their CRAPPY work. Look me up at the tracks to see it.
Rant over.
David

Re: Suggestions on Best Place for Chrome Bumpers. - 01/12/11 12:25 PM

Quote:

STAY AWAY from Bumper Boyz. I bought a rear RR bumper for my resto while at the Nats to save shipping costs.
I finished the car 7 months later, pulled the bumper out of the wrap, and found some rust starting already, some chrome flaking in that arear, etc. (stored in my spare bedroom) I called them and since it was past 6 months they would NOT stand behind there work. I told them there isn't any bolt marks on it, never installed yet, etc and they said SORRY.
I put it on my race car, got another 1 from Tri City for the resto and have had no problems since. I am going to advertise for BBoyz and put their name on my rear bumper on the race car so all can see their CRAPPY work. Look me up at the tracks to see it.
Rant over.
David

In looking cruising the internet on other sites, I have found the Bumper Boyz to have a very bad reputation. Other people have had the same issues you are speaking of. I also wanted to save some shipping and buy them at the March show at Indy. Though these days they are charging $20.00 for handling if you buy them at a swap meet. I don't believe Tri City plans to be there but I will definately check on that. Thanks for the info.
© 2024 Moparts Forums