Moparts

Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires

Posted By: mad car disease

Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 06:25 PM

Looking for a correct set of Goodyear Whiteline polyglas F70-14 code T82 tires. Or does anyone have a set of radial tires with the correct white lines like they have for Redlines?
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 06:41 PM

You can probably get them made. Radials that is. Here is my friend's '67 Coronet where he thad twin blue lines made for it. They're basically a generic tire where they cut in the whitewalls and then dyed them. I had wide whitewalls made the same way several years ago. Almost all tires have a white inner rubber layer that they can cut down to. I believe the original thin whitewalls were actually a raised white rib instead of recessed.

Posted By: FJ5_Fish

Re: Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 06:44 PM

Click Here
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 07:00 PM

T82 - isn't POLYGLAS

1969 b-bodies with the T82 tire (F70-14 "white stripe") were in most cases Goodyear SPEEDWAY - a Nylon Cord tire. Some Firestone Wide Ovals (Nylon Cord) were used at some plants or late in the model year.

All of the reproduction Goodyear SPEEDWAY (Kelsey Tire) & Firestone Wide Oval (Coker Tire) tires are fiberglass belted.
Posted By: 68Cbarge

Re: Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 07:00 PM

Quote:

Click Here

A good reproduction but not exactly as the T82.
There is a place that sells original unused tires that may still have what you are looking for..
http://www.buycheaptiresandwheels.com/home.php
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 07:04 PM

Quote:

You can probably get them made. Radials that is. Here is my friend's '67 Coronet where he thad twin blue lines made for it. They're basically a generic tire where they cut in the whitewalls and then dyed them. I had wide whitewalls made the same way several years ago. Almost all tires have a white inner rubber layer that they can cut down to. I believe the original thin whitewalls were actually a raised white rib instead of recessed.

I thought it was the other way around?

The Redlines I had made from Diamond Back Classics (same place where it looks like the dual blue stripes were made)have the lines actually vulcanized to the outer wall...they are raised up.
The originals had the white or red or blue lines "cut" into the side wall....
Posted By: cdp

Re: Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 08:32 PM

Contact Rusty Small (smallhurst) here on the board. He is getting discounts on Kelsey Tire products.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post5112944
Posted By: anlauto

Re: Who sells correct Goodyear White line polyglas tires - 01/09/11 08:45 PM

I got mine from Kelsey Tire

Attached picture 6406980-Barrelcuda016.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums