Moparts

Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop

Posted By: uwg

Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/07/11 10:21 PM

I have a 68 Barracuda that has been sitting for a couple of years that I need to have finished up. The motor and transmission is in the car, most of the interior is in and I have about 95% of the parts restored or new ready to go into the car. I just do not have the know-how or time to finish this up. I am located on I-20 on the Alabama-Georgia line. Does anyone know of a good shop around the area that could finish this project up for me?
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/07/11 10:28 PM

Id love to, but unfortunatly, I live half a country away from you..
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/07/11 10:32 PM

how far are you willing to let it be from home?
and whats your time frame to see it done ?

I'm in northern Ky and can be in Chattanooga in 5 hours to give you an idea where

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/07/11 11:06 PM

Quote:

how far are you willing to let it be from home?
and whats your time frame to see it done ?

I'm in northern Ky and can be in Chattanooga in 5 hours to give you an idea where

Thats getting a little too far for me, but I'll see if there is someone closer. All the body work is done. Shouldnt be more than a 3 week job for someone who knows what they are doing. The hardest thing I think will be to assymble and install the dash components.
Posted By: cloneguy

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/07/11 11:16 PM

Is it already painted and you just need it assembled?

We need more info and photos but might be able to help.

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/07/11 11:47 PM

Quote:

Attached picture 6403384-cudafront.JPG

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/07/11 11:50 PM

Quote:

Im at work and this is all I have access to right now. As you can see, steering wheel is in, most of the interior is in excluding seats, dash needs assymbled and the motor needs all the goodies to be installed (carb, starter, radiator, water pump, etc)
Posted By: cloneguy

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/08/11 12:03 AM

It looks nice. Give me a call over the weekend and let's talk about it.

Tim
404-234-1000

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/08/11 12:59 AM

Quote:

It looks nice. Give me a call over the weekend and let's talk about it.

Tim
404-234-1000

Will do Tim, thanks.
Posted By: TrueTripleX

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/08/11 01:32 AM

Quote:

I have a 68 Barracuda that has been sitting for a couple of years that I need to have finished up. The motor and transmission is in the car, most of the interior is in and I have about 95% of the parts restored or new ready to go into the car. I just do not have the know-how or time to finish this up. I am located on I-20 on the Alabama-Georgia line. Does anyone know of a good shop around the area that could finish this project up for me?

PM me and I will put you in touch with one of the top restorers in the country. He is now in Atlanta and a close friend who is looking for a light task like this. His cars have been in many magazines and taken national awards. I have been restoring Mopars for many years and he is my go to guy so you know he is good.
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/08/11 02:35 AM

One of the best guys in the country is John Owens located in Douglasville, GA. Tell him Randy from Dixie referred you - 770-942-9345.

I also recommend Bill Allphin at A&M who posted above if you want to take it to KY.
Posted By: 4-speed

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/08/11 02:53 AM

Quote:

One of the best guys in the country is John Owens located in Douglasville, GA. Tell him Randy from Dixie referred you - 770-942-9345.

I also recommend Bill Allphin at A&M who posted above if you want to take it to KY.

I work with John, we won b body stock this year at the nats.hey come on over we will take care of you.Harold

Attached picture 6403818-166853_182580738432756_164772620213568_557471_2713161_n.jpg
Posted By: Slipknot440

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/08/11 09:02 PM

Depending how much you are looking to spend you can try contacting Creations By Gemza in the charlotte nc area. I know these guys very well and IMO you will not meet a better group of guys with a great portfolio of mopar restos...not to mention they are die hard mopar guys. SO die hard they have a real superbird as their summer grocery getter. Shop # 704-483-7591, i've got there cell numbers too if need them
Posted By: streaker

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 01/09/11 03:19 AM

I would like to recommend John Owens and crew in Douglasville. They did my '71 Road Runner in the post by Harold above. They did a great job at a very fair price. Give John a call and drop by his shop on Highway 5 just north of I-20. His number is 770-942-9345.

Attached picture 6405841-DSCF7575.jpg

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 08/08/11 04:43 AM

I wanted to do a follow up on this post as Harold with John Owens Restoration delivered the car this weekend. They exceeded all of my expectations and are top notch at what they do. Ill let the pictures speak for itself:
1968 Formula S

Attached picture 6768741-cuda_side.JPG
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 08/08/11 04:49 AM

Good to hear, Glad you got your Cuda together.. Looks Killer!!
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 08/08/11 05:42 AM

Glad it worked out !! Car looks great !!
Posted By: 4-speed

Re: Looking for a Mopar Restoration Shop - 08/10/11 12:00 AM

Quote:

I wanted to do a follow up on this post as Harold with John Owens Restoration delivered the car this weekend. They exceeded all of my expectations and are top notch at what they do. Ill let the pictures speak for itself:
1968 Formula S

Thanks Michael I hope you enjoy it.Harold
© 2024 Moparts Forums