Moparts

best carpet out there

Posted By: hvyweight

best carpet out there - 12/31/10 08:31 PM

I am getting ready to purchase a new carpet for my 68 GTS ragtop. I want a quality carpet and most of the stuff I looked at is not that nice. Any suggesttions?

thanks
Posted By: mad car disease

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 08:44 PM

http://ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=68
Posted By: hvyweight

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 09:00 PM

Quote:

has anyone used these guys?
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 09:11 PM

Posted By: FJ5_Fish

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 09:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes - Dave's carpet is the best we have next to NOS......Does he have A-Body?
Posted By: Desmond

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 10:10 PM

Quote:

The best. Period.
Posted By: ECS

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 10:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes - Dave's carpet is the best we have next to NOS......Does he have A-Body?

Thanks Jim and Des!!! We can get any style of carpet you need. We are going to be placing an order for a new shipment this week if anyone is interested. Now is the time to slip in that "odd" variation if you haven't been able to find what you have been looking for!
Posted By: mad car disease

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 10:28 PM

Do they have the cut outs for the auto floor shift?

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 10:39 PM

We work directly with the manufacturer and can get whatever you need. Just provide the exact specifications and we will do the rest!
Posted By: Commando1

Re: best carpet out there - 12/31/10 10:50 PM

I'm under the assumption that there is only one manufacturer and every one of the sellers out there are really distributers of that one manufacturing company. Is that true?

I'm only saying this because I was at an Automotive OEM trade show once, and talked to the manufacturer (or whatever you want to call them in that trade booth) and he said.....

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 12:24 AM

Quote:

I'm under the assumption that there is only one manufacturer and every one of the sellers out there are really distributers of that one manufacturing company. Is that true?

I'm only saying this because I was at an Automotive OEM trade show once, and talked to the manufacturer (or whatever you want to call them in that trade booth) and he said.....

I can't speak for the others but our Carpets are made under specifications that WE mandated. We have the toe pads positioned within a 1/4" exacting tolerance, the sill edge areas have an extra 4-5 inches of material and they are NOT rolled at the end of the manufacturing process. We have them sent to us flat (in our custom containers) and we ship them flat in 70"X34"X12" doubled walled corrugated boxes. They fit much better than the rolled carpets and keeping them flat throughout the process can save up to 2-3 hours of installation time.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 05:21 AM

ECS hands down

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 02:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm under the assumption that there is only one manufacturer..

our Carpets are made under specifications that WE mandated.

I have no doubt your carpets are of the highest standards and I would buy from you in a heartbeat.

But it side stepped my question on the actual manufacturer issue. I'm not trying to raise issues where there are none. Just curious about what the booth guy said to me.
Posted By: CornDogsCharger

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 07:23 PM

I know ESC stuff is usually nice and accurate. Besides not being rolled up when shipped what is different than ECS carpet and the other guys?

Justin
"CornDog"

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 07:50 PM

Quote:

But it side stepped my question on the actual manufacturer issue.

As stated in my previous response, I have no idea who the competition uses. There are a couple of different manufacturers but since we only work with the one we selected, I do not have a specific knowledge about the others. I know that the manufacturer we use (ACC) does not automatically give their customers the same benefits that we specified them to provide for us. We spent quite a bit of time laying out the parameters that we wanted incorporated into our designs. A good analogy would be a Car manufacturer! General motors manufactures cars but that doesn't mean that their Saturn line is as high of quality vehicle as their Cadillac line. The things I mentioned earlier (that seemed to go un-noticed) is NOT automatically offered from ACC when you buy carpet from their normal outlets. Below are the benefits that make a big difference in what you get from ECS. Just ask those (in the past) who couldn't get their carpet to line up because the toe pad was positioned too far into the console hump or who didn't have enough material to cover the peripheries around their sill plates!

"We have the toe pads positioned within a 1/4" exacting tolerance, the sill edge areas have an extra 4-5 inches of material...."

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 08:00 PM

Quote:

I know ESC stuff is usually nice and accurate. Besides not being rolled up when shipped what is different than ECS carpet and the other guys?

Justin
"CornDog"

"We have the toe pads positioned within a 1/4" exacting tolerance, the sill edge areas have an extra 4-5 inches of material...."

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 08:41 PM

Quote:

I have no doubt your carpets are of the highest standards and I would buy from you in a heartbeat.

Posted By: BigDaddy440

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 09:13 PM

I heard Motor Parts South sold awesome carpet kits as well...anyone have experience with them?

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 09:24 PM

Quote:

I heard Motor Parts South sold awesome carpet kits as well...anyone have experience with them?

Yes! Geoff (the owner) is a great guy and they are a Fantastic/Reputable Company!
Posted By: 3xDodge

Re: best carpet out there - 01/01/11 09:40 PM

Yes,ECS is #1
Posted By: UP FM3challenger

Re: best carpet out there - 01/02/11 04:02 AM

Is burnt orange available yet?

Re: best carpet out there - 01/02/11 05:06 AM

Quote:

Is burnt orange available yet?

Yes! We can have the carpets made in any color even if you choose a non factory shade.
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: best carpet out there - 01/03/11 02:55 AM

Yes I purchased and installed a carpet from Motor Parts South when ECS was moving and could not provide me one in a timely manner. The people there were kind and helpful, it arrived quickly and fit like a GLOVE!!!! I highly recommend them. I had a party as I destroyed the trim parts junk that I was trying to install.
© 2024 Moparts Forums