Moparts

Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E

Posted By: ricomondo

Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 03:55 AM

After wating on this jack, it arrived today and was advertised as an E body jack. I dont think it can be an E body jack as the date stamp on the mech. is clear and reads 8E; which translates out to May 1968 correct?

What I am not sure of, is what it exactly belongs to. The mast is 34.5 inches long, and the base is stamped A-B

Thanks gents

Posted By: FJ5_Fish

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:09 AM

Well - It has a 68 Date on it - So that kills off any E-Body aspirations right there.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:12 AM

this thread is building some well-deserved anger....

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:19 AM

Did you buy it from E-Bay? Someone rattle-canned right over the pitting. I think it is the perfect length to ram it up the sellers a%^

I would have to check but it looks kinda a-body in the pics.

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:28 AM

Quote:

Did you buy it from E-Bay? Someone rattle-canned right over the pitting. I think it is the perfect length to ram it up the sellers a%^

I would have to check but it looks kinda a-body in the pics.

Nope didnt come from Ebay, but rather from a board member here. Loooong story.

The pitting doesnt bother me, but the misrepresentation does.

PacNorth- Yes indeed sir. You are 100% correct.

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:32 AM

Is this where I should back out of this room slowly and without any eye contact?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:35 AM

LOL! its ok.
I just wanna find out what application it is before the thread gets whacked like the last one was..
Posted By: b54406barrel

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:42 AM

I don't see the 'bumper' clamp that pops in but it reminds me very much of a 68 Polara/jack I had at one time.

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:49 AM

Well, the seller just informed me via email that all sales are final, and had I been concerned with date codes, I should have asked for additonal info or pics....

Where are the Karma gods when I need them?

Anywho, anybody wanna buy a jack?

At least I got a rubber bumper 101 jack hook outta da deal..
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:56 AM

If you asked for a specific jack for a certain model Then the date code would be clear if it was correct or not....Like if I ask for a 71 Road Runner jack mast then it should dated possibly OG to 1F....I assume the seller has posted on this thread already...That length is 1 inch longer than my date coded B-body for 68 so I think C-body w a different base....

From parts wanted:

"Looking for a 70 T post style jack setup (base,mech,post,lug wrench & hook) with Cuda 100 hook.

Would be intersted in the jack without the hook, but price must reflect that."

Hard to say you did say 70 but you also said "style"....

Posted By: Morty426

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 05:03 AM

are you positive on the date code, that 8 = 68 and E = month?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 05:05 AM

Quote:

That's plain as day...That's correctly decoded...
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 05:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That's plain as day...That's correctly decoded...

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't 8 = August and E = 1969

Just means I now have a pile of jacks to look through
Posted By: gtx69

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 05:55 AM

On the stamp for a engine block E = 69

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 06:32 AM

Quote:

If you asked for a specific jack for a certain model Then the date code would be clear if it was correct or not....Like if I ask for a 71 Road Runner jack mast then it should dated possibly OG to 1F....I assume the seller has posted on this thread already...That length is 1 inch longer than my date coded B-body for 68 so I think C-body w a different base....

From parts wanted:

"Looking for a 70 T post style jack setup (base,mech,post,lug wrench & hook) with Cuda 100 hook.

Would be intersted in the jack without the hook, but price must reflect that."

Hard to say you did say 70 but you also said "style"....

I see your point. I did ask for a 70 Cuda jack, but just to clarify; what I meant by "70 T post style" is there are two accepted "styles" of E body jacks; T post & Tube style. Thats where I was going with that comment.

And no; the seller has not commented on this thread, nor the one that got whacked a couple of days ago regarding the 32 days it took to ship this jack after it was paid for in only 2 days.

PS - I should say I got the date code info from Barry's awesome Hamtramck site!! ( thanks for all u do for us Barry!)

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dateCodes101.shtml
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 03:27 PM

I'll ask the stupid question ... I know I shouldn't ask a question of a question but .... Is the car going to know that the jack is not dated correctly ? Nevermind you got the wrong hook .

Who is this upstanding seller so we know who to AVOID ???

I have a few T jacks I guess I should be looking at the dates .

What is the length of the jack mast for a 70 E body ?
Posted By: ademon

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:19 PM

This hobby does get expensive in a hurry when looking for the small stuff and date codes, Then at shows 95% of the guys looking at the car don't know the difference anyway, and half the people selling parts don't know what they have also.

Attached picture 6356926-securedownload(640x480).jpg
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 04:28 PM

Quote:

This hobby does get expensive in a hurry when looking for the small stuff and date codes, Then at shows 95% of the guys looking at the car don't know the difference anyway, and half the people selling parts don't know what they have also.

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 06:59 PM

Quote:

I'll ask the stupid question ... I know I shouldn't ask a question of a question but .... Is the car going to know that the jack is not dated correctly ? Nevermind you got the wrong hook .

Who is this upstanding seller so we know who to AVOID ???

I have a few T jacks I guess I should be looking at the dates .

What is the length of the jack mast for a 70 E body ?

John, I agree with u 100%. The 'Cuda and most people wouldnt know or care about the date code. But what matter to me is the principal of the thing, and the misrepresentation of the item, and the sellers unwillingness to take it back. That, and the fact its just not the right jack for my application. I could care less if the date code isnt in the proper time frame for my cars SPD build, but I should have a jack with a 1969 or 1970 date code. Its that simple. Not 1968.
Also the mech from afar( as it did in the pix) looks correct, but upon closer inspection is not.
This car will never be an OEM or rotesserie car, but some aspects of it, I'd like to have at least visually correct, and the trunk was one of them.

The seller was 70Dodge

The rubberer bumper hook #101 Im ok with, as I can always trade for the correct one, and its at least worth something.

And Im not quite sure on the mast length. For some reason, the number 38.5 inches keeps popping into my head. Maybe someone will chime in.
Somebody out there has to know what this thing is...lol?

Thanks!
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 07:41 PM

I asked and as far as we can tell, this is the original jack to an April built 1970 Cuda
I can measure the mast length if need be

Posted By: mccannix

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 08:04 PM

34.5 inches should be correct length on E-body mast. The mast you show along with the base is correct E-body. You say you have a 101 hook so three out of 4 aint bad, but the date is definately not E-body on the mechanism
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 11:09 PM

Well Ray, mabe I'll get for this but...
You asked for a 70 e-body solid mast and did'nt get it...Anyone with even an ounce of respect would either
A} make sure they know what they're selling you before responding to your want add...Or
B} At least take it back when they know the part was misrepresented or revealed...And if somehow the seller that contacted you does'nt seem to think he's at fault please refer to rule A... It should'nt come down to the buyer opening the box to find out he has a misrepresented, unreturnable part...
Posted By: GMP440

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/14/10 11:23 PM

Looks like my jack assembly on my 68' Coronet.
Have to look at the spring assembly because I don't remember that on my jack. Will have to look at mine.
Posted By: anlauto

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 12:23 AM

I have a "T" post jack that measures 34 1/2 and it's marked 1 C What does that date code mean ?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 12:28 AM

Quote:

I have a "T" post jack that measures 34 1/2 and it's marked 1 C What does that date code mean ?

March of 71....

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 12:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

March of 71....

Which seems odd because didn't they switch to tube style in 71 ?

Is there anyway to tell what car mine is from ?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 12:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

March of 71....

Is there anyway to tell what car mine is from ?

I have seen Plenty of 71 Dodges with the "Y" type and as far as telling what car that's impossible only to tell if it's "correct" apearing for your car.....

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 12:52 AM

The guy I bought it from said it was for an E Body, but I really don't care because I bought it for the trunk of a 70 GTX Now I'm looking for the correct hook...

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 02:13 AM

Quote:

Well Ray, mabe I'll get for this but...
You asked for a 70 e-body solid mast and did'nt get it...Anyone with even an ounce of respect would either
A} make sure they know what they're selling you before responding to your want add...Or
B} At least take it back when they know the part was misrepresented or revealed...And if somehow the seller that contacted you does'nt seem to think he's at fault please refer to rule A... It should'nt come down to the buyer opening the box to find out he has a misrepresented, unreturnable part...

You wont get flamed Colin, because you are an honest and reputable seller. I didnt know you from Adam a few years back, and I dont know if you remember, but you sold me a correct E body jack for the Chally convertible I was working on at the time. And for that I am grateful.

@ Bill - Thanks for taking the time to check your jack assembly. But, it looks like we have determined the E body length is indeed 34.5 inches.

Now I still just need this jack identified...lol

Where's my beer?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 02:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

March of 71....

You could have tube or solid in 70-71.....more than 1 vendor. Have plenty of documented original 70's with the tube style. Where does this stuff start from? Who is John Galt? Have you seen my dog?
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 03:33 AM

Quote:

LOL! its ok.
I just wanna find out what application it is before the thread gets whacked like the last one was..

I was looking for that thread for the outcome - now have to continue reading !
Posted By: greasyspider

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 01:45 PM

Posted By: drmopar

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 02:15 PM

That is a 68 or 69 b body jack. Same as in my road runner. E body jacks are steel, not cast iron. Worth about $40-50 without a hook.

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 02:39 PM

Quote:

E body jacks are steel, not cast iron.

Huh?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 03:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

E body jacks are steel, not cast iron.

Huh?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 04:51 PM

my 68 RR has a tube type jack

Attached picture 6358877-tire001(1280x853).jpg
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 08:08 PM

Quote:

my 68 RR has a tube type jack

What's the date on the jack ?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 08:23 PM

Can't remember, cars covered for the winter now.
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 09:41 PM

70 E-Body Jack mast.
Solid shaft.

Aug 69

Attached picture 6359253-jackhead2.jpg

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 09:42 PM

70-71 Cuda Hooks.

Attached picture 6359255-jackhook.jpg

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 09:45 PM

I believe this is a 70 B-Body tube style jack mast.

Dec 69

Attached picture 6359262-1970JackTubeType2.jpg
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 09:56 PM

Quote:

70-71 Cuda Hooks.

So what's the scoop on the 100 and 101 Cuda jack hooks? It's my understanding that the 100 is 70-72 with steel bumpers, and the 101 is 70-71 with rubber bumpers. Does that info sound correct?

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 10:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

70-71 Cuda Hooks.

So what's the scoop on the 100 and 101 Cuda jack hooks? It's my understanding that the 100 is 70-72 with steel bumpers, and the 101 is 70-71 with rubber bumpers. Does that info sound correct?

No 72 is a finger style jack...I have got some 101 hooks from steel bumpered cars so it's potluck I think.....
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

70-71 Cuda Hooks.

No 72 is a finger style jack...I have got some 101 hooks from steel bumpered cars so it's potluck I think.....

Thanks. The reason I ask is that I have a 101 for sale, and would like to represent it correctly before I put it in the for sale section. I've never been able to get a definitive answer on these two jack hooks.

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/15/10 11:49 PM

The 101 hook was only listed in the 1970 only factory parts book for use on Plymouth E-Bodies. According to a 70-71 factory parts book, dated Jan 72, it was replaced with the 100 A-Body hook.

I have a copy of an engineering print dated Sept 70, that still shows the 101 as the only hook for 70-71 Plymouth E-Bodies. It doesn't mention the 100 hook.
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/16/10 12:46 AM

I do not think the jack the weiner dog sold you is an A body jack. All the '67- '71 Valiant/Dart/Duster/Barracuda jacks I have seen are tube type masts.
Posted By: 71X-mark

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/16/10 04:22 AM

I have the tube type jack in need of restoration. Does anyone know who does this type of work?
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 12/16/10 03:35 PM

Quote:

I have the tube type jack in need of restoration. Does anyone know who does this type of work?

Why send it out ? they are super easy to take apart to be replated and repainted

Attached picture 6360626-6214396-DSC01137.jpg
Posted By: Convertcuda

Re: Identify this jack please? A/B/C? pretty sure not E - 11/30/17 03:37 AM

I measured a T type not Tube jack mask tonight and it 33 5/8 ". I know people say that 34 1/2" is the common E body jack. What does the 33 5/8 " fit?

Thanks Ken
© 2024 Moparts Forums