Moparts

Front fender pentastar emblem

Posted By: AutoEngineer

Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/13/10 03:59 PM

All the repops that I have seen has been plastic ones with painted gold, but is there any company who is selling OEM type pentastar emblems with the gold cad plated aluminum face?
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/13/10 06:43 PM

Quote:

All the repops that I have seen has been plastic ones with painted gold, but is there any company who is selling OEM type pentastar emblems with the gold cad plated aluminum face?

No
Posted By: Paul Jacobs

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/14/10 03:34 AM

There are at least 3 repos out there. One of them uses a gold foil plating which is similar to the original. Original ones are quite unique and extremely hard to find-Burbachs has a REAL one on e bag right now-then there a few "NOS" ones that are actually repos

Attached picture 6356193-nospentastar.jpg
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/14/10 03:55 AM

Quote:

There are at least 3 repos out there. One of them uses a gold foil plating which is similar to the original. Original ones are quite unique and extremely hard to find-Burbachs has a REAL one on e bag right now-then there a few "NOS" ones that are actually repos

What's one like that going for? Or link to auction? I got 1 or 2 of them....
Posted By: charger440sixpak

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/14/10 04:56 PM

Quote:

There are at least 3 repos out there. One of them uses a gold foil plating which is similar to the original. Original ones are quite unique and extremely hard to find ...

The painted repops are pretty easy to identify.
<dumb question>Is there a way to distinguish the originals from the foil plated repops?</dumb question>

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/19/10 01:45 AM

In this 1st picture is three Pentastars. The far left is an NOS, the middle one os the foil reproduction, and the far fright is the painted reproduction.
Once you see them side by side, it's quite easy to recognize and original, even from the front.

Attached picture 6365143-star1.jpg

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/19/10 01:46 AM

In this photo you will notice the difference in the mounting tabs. The center foil unit is not even close, the painted one is similar. but not quite.

Attached picture 6365148-star2.jpg

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/19/10 01:47 AM

This photo is from the top. Notice the tooling machine marks are completely different.

Attached picture 6365151-star3.jpg

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/19/10 01:48 AM

The foil reproduction taken apart for reference.

Attached picture 6365158-star4.jpg

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/19/10 01:50 AM

Here is a side shot. An NOS/original has a rolled black edge, where as the foil reproduction has 2 sharp 45 degree edges.
This should help you identify your pentastars now!

Attached picture 6365164-star5.jpg
Posted By: Convertcuda

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/19/10 02:42 AM

Paul,
Your awesome! Thanks for showing us attention to detail.

Ken
Posted By: TransAm Twins

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/20/10 02:42 PM

Hey Paul:
Can you provide a source for the foil ones? I could use one myself.

Ken
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by moparts - 12/20/10 04:31 PM

Posted By: mickm

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 12/20/10 08:52 PM

i see two listed on ebay, one for $16 and one for $29 AUS. that doesn't seem like a lot to me if these are that rare.

you think these are NOS, or maybe from chrysler, but many years later?
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/22/13 04:05 PM

Was there ever a metal one made instead of coated Plastic? It seems they all fade with time....
Posted By: 2abodymcodes

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/22/13 04:36 PM

Are the ones they used on their boats back in the 60's and the 70's the same as the ones on the cars ?

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/22/13 04:54 PM

the reason i ask, my father and uncle both worked for chrysler boat at a distribution and repair wharehouse here in our town untill they phased out. the other day my uncle gave me a pentastar he had found in his garage that came from chrysler boat. (see picture) he said he had taken a box full of them when they shut down. he got tired of moving them around and threw the whole box away a couple of years ago.he only saved a couple.

Attached picture 7598590-Picture1146.jpg
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/22/13 06:09 PM

Bummer he tossed them!! It looks the same, but there should be a thicker 2nd stud on the back.

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/22/13 06:14 PM

It does.

Attached picture 7598702-Picture1148.jpg
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/22/13 06:22 PM

Im sure theyre the same meaning youve got GOLD!
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/23/13 05:13 AM

Quote:

the reason i ask, my father and uncle both worked for chrysler boat at a distribution and repair wharehouse here in our town untill they phased out. the other day my uncle gave me a pentastar he had found in his garage that came from chrysler boat. (see picture) he said he had taken a box full of them when they shut down. he got tired of moving them around and threw the whole box away a couple of years ago.he only saved a couple.

I had 13 of them and sold 8 of them for $800 Shame he got tired of moving that little box around..... He could of got some $$$$ from that little box..
Posted By: hemiviper588

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/23/13 03:50 PM

I have several genuine NOS plastic pentastars, PM if needed.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/23/13 06:35 PM

Thats trademarked I'd imagine. Right?

The one on Ebay, he's asking only $275. Bets part is shipping is only $3.45
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Front fender pentastar emblem - 02/23/13 10:23 PM

Quote:

he's asking only $275

"Stop the Insanity"...
© 2024 Moparts Forums