Moparts

Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS?

Posted By: 68 Sat

Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 05:33 PM

I have a dash and am not sure if it is NOS. Is is worn in a few places but the odometer reads all 0s and there are signs that it was never installed in a vehicle. I had a much more experienced collector tell me he thought it was NOs with shelf wear. Any comments are helpful

Attached picture 6345435-TicTocDash.jpg

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 05:34 PM

2nd pic

Attached picture 6345439-odometer.jpg
Posted By: Moparlang

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 05:49 PM

These dashes were assembled with individual components, the speedo could be, but most over the counter replacement speedo's had red tenths numbers. The circuit board appears to be missing a couple pins, also.
Posted By: 1hot68

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 05:59 PM

It doesnt have a tic toc tac....That much I can tell ya.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:09 PM

"the pin" on the outside is the second hand

looks like production assembled unit Dec. '68 date on housing & Apr. '69 date on clock ...... it might have been replaced under warranty (due to issues it still has?), odometer rolled, and set on a shelf in a dealer's parts room
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:09 PM

Quote:

It doesnt have a tic toc tac....That much I can tell ya.

If it's NOS it was constructed of NOS parts and it has a ton of shelf wear , you could not go to the dealer and order it like that.

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:13 PM

Quote:

B Body rallye instrument cluster (1969 Dodge - reflective knob control surrounds) with 0 miles on the odometer. I have had this inspected by a professional and it appears to not have been tampered with. It is complete with the exception of the alternator gauge and there are two pins that are broken in the rear. Although I can not call this NOS it is close. If you are looking to restore your B Body this is a great addition to your car. I do not know if the cluster works properly but ask me any questions that help you make your desision. This item also fits Road Runner, GTX, Coronet, Super Bee, dashboards but I believe only 1968-70 models. Please correct me if I am wrong....

You're wrong . 68 , 69 and 70 each had it's own dash face and 70 was different because the Hazard switch was moved off the dash and onto the column . This is either 69 or 70 , can't tell off the top of my head , if it's 69 it's superbee , charger and optional on coronet only , and as said it doesn't have a tac , but you did well SPAMMING with all your buzzwords ...

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:17 PM

Its a 69 one because it has the pebble grain with the flasher switch. 70 is same minus the flasher switch.

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:19 PM

OK,

Thats why I asked... I'll modify my post and go from there.. thanks...

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:29 PM

What you have is just a clock. The part thats fooling you around thee outer part is the seconds on the clock.

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:38 PM

Yeah,

I figured it out..I am glad I asked. Thanks again...Do you believe this is a true 0 miles odometer?

-C
Posted By: coffeeman383

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 06:49 PM

Quote:

What you have is just a clock. The part thats fooling you around thee outer part is the seconds on the clock.

I always wondered why my old RR rev'd so slowly!

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 10:12 PM

Quote:

Yeah,

I figured it out..I am glad I asked. Thanks again...Do you believe this is a true 0 miles odometer?

-C

It really doesn't matter if it is , it's very easy to turn it back to zero.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/08/10 11:28 PM

Quote:

Yeah,

-C

I don't. Look how the speedo numbers on the right are more yellow than the ones on the left. This is typical of the fading that you get with the cluster installed in the car.

In my opinion, it's a used part with a rolled back speedo.
Posted By: G_T

Re: Is this Tic Toc Dash NOS? - 12/11/10 10:32 PM

ive not seen a new/nos speedometer with all 0's.... i would think it would have a couple of tenths of a mile on it from testing/calibration... just guessing...
© 2024 Moparts Forums