Moparts

Carpeting Recommendations

Posted By: dilvoy

Carpeting Recommendations - 11/29/10 11:25 PM

I need a carpet for a Challenger that I have. I'm looking for as good a quality as possible. Original look is important as this is a neat car. It's a convertible so something that is cheap won't cut it. I'm worrying about it fading. The carpet that I'm in need of is Tan and a with the four speed hump. Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks
Posted By: FJ5_Fish

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 11/29/10 11:51 PM

Dave at ECS has the best available carpet - best to call there for your application.
Posted By: Ryan_340

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/01/10 06:55 AM

I have used ACC and Trim Parts carpets before, I would recomend the Trim Parts.
Posted By: astrobuf

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/01/10 07:18 AM

I too am looking for ebody carpet. Does ECS ever run a promo?

Astrobuf
Posted By: MoreParts

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/02/10 01:19 AM

I used ACC once. On my mostly garaged parked car it turned purple after little more than a year.
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/05/10 03:49 AM

Motorparts South. There carpet fits Like a Glove!!!
Posted By: Hemidavey

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/05/10 03:55 AM

I logged in to ask the same question for my Dart. I've used ACC before, very poor fit. I also need some extra to cover the rear floor for 68 SS Dart. What is ECS?
Posted By: vcummins

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/07/10 12:42 AM

ECS has good carpeting look on the sponsors page to see website
Posted By: fig426

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/08/10 01:49 AM

Quote:

I logged in to ask the same question for my Dart. I've used ACC before, very poor fit. I also need some extra to cover the rear floor for 68 SS Dart. What is ECS?

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/
Super nice products and awesome people!!
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/08/10 02:01 AM

ECS, hands down!
Posted By: Unfair Advantage

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/08/10 09:23 PM

I may be wrong{please correct } but wasn`t ECS carpet actually ACC carpet BUT special shipped not folded ??
Posted By: domingo

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/08/10 10:13 PM

Main thing is that they dont fold em, but ship em flat instead so they dont deform as much and are easier to install.

I think they also had something modified at the foot rest. Im not sure....
Posted By: ECS

Re: Carpeting Recommendations - 12/09/10 02:11 AM

Our carpet has variations that are unique to what is currently offered by others. We have our toe pads located in the same position, within a quarter of an inch consistency. This eliminates having the toe pad get in the way of the transmission tunnel. If the toe pad is positioned to far towards the console hump, it makes it difficult to get the carpet to lay flat in that area. Our carpets also have a 4" to 5" excess in the sill area so you do not have to stretch and pull it to completely cover those peripheries. Having the carpet shipped flat can save up to a couple of hours with installation. It also provides a factory correct appearance due to the smooth contours and perfect fit!
© 2024 Moparts Forums