70 B-body white door plug kit

Posted By: BLACKHEMIRR

70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 04:08 AM

Does anyone know where a white door plug kit would be available? Thanks
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 06:05 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know where a white door plug kit would be available? Thanks

Don't know about an entire kit but here is a link to some white plugs..

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/1_2_White_Plastic_Flush_Type_Hole_Plugs_7_8_Head_p/pas9829-50.htm

Just my $0.02...
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 06:07 PM

they were all black from the factory regardless of paint color. just looking for something different? If so you'll need to measure and find something intended for another application.

Dave
Posted By: demon

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 07:07 PM

Quote:

they were all black from the factory regardless of paint color. just looking for something different? If so you'll need to measure and find something intended for another application.

Dave

not true
there were black,white,blue,green,burnt orange,red,tan and others too.
I need white ones as well
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 07:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

not true

I've worked on allot of Mopars through the years... Never seen any color other than black.. If colors existed they sure weren't used on most of the cars... Maybe later model stuff? One plant?
Posted By: sublimehemi

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 07:21 PM

i have a low mile 70 charger white guts and i have white plugs...they are factory,i could use new ones cause mine are getting yellow...
Posted By: superwrench

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 09:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

not true

I have maroon coloured ones in my 68 GTX and my parts car had 2 maroon ones in the upper holes and two black ones in the lower holes.
Maybe later ones were all black, but certainly coloured ones were to be had in '68.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 09:44 PM

From memory the colored ones were used at the front of the door area and where a hard plastic where the black were used along the bottoms and were a rubber product.
Posted By: demon

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 10:23 PM

Also the tiny plug used to access the vent window Allen bolt was colored too.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 10:34 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I've seen colors in that location.. Just not the ones covering the bolts holding the vent wing assemblies... But it sounds like they were more common than I would have expected... Still wonder if it varied from plant to plant..

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/27/10 11:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

not true

I've worked on allot of Mopars through the years... Never seen any color other than black.. If colors existed they sure weren't used on most of the cars... Maybe later model stuff? One plant?

Yeah, me too but I don't doubt what the others have seen.....learn something new every day, I guess. It must have been a before/after certain date or something.

Dave
Posted By: cdp

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/28/10 12:55 AM

I need some white ones for my A12 also. I need 2 of the larger plugs and the 2 small rubber plugs. I took my originals out (that were white) the they dicentigrated due to dry rot.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/28/10 02:31 AM

Quote:

These are often missing, larger plugs are easy to find in black but I have found the colored ones dont hold up well just like other colored polypropaline parts that are chalky. Heres a green one from a 69 B body with numbers on back if this helps. 3439286

Attached picture 6324055-VertPanels016(Small).jpg
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/28/10 02:33 AM

I have to dig through my parts cans to see what color I have for my X. According to this I should have blue ones. I always figured they were all black plugs. Learn something new every day.
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/28/10 09:42 PM

To get this post on track and clear for everyone.
The 2 plugs that access the fasteners for the vent window bolts are always colored to the same upper door frame paint. All the OTHER plugs that go on the door (rear and bottom) are just plain black. I too need some white ones and want to know if repro's are available.
Posted By: okie

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/28/10 11:16 PM

The ones on my 70 RR were white also, i could use some new ones too. I dyed some white but it isn't going to stay. Ronnie

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/29/10 04:55 PM

Quote:

To get this post on track and clear for everyone.
The 2 plugs that access the fasteners for the vent window bolts are always colored to the same upper door frame paint. All the OTHER plugs that go on the door (rear and bottom) are just plain black. I too need some white ones and want to know if repro's are available.

Ahh! That helps! Thanks.

Dave
Posted By: BLACKHEMIRR

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/30/10 01:22 AM

Sounds like quite a few people are looking for these things. I guess they must not be available yet. It's a shame to think of how many I probably walked right by in the junkyards over the years and never thought there would ever be a day have trouble finding something like them.
Posted By: GMP440

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/30/10 01:33 AM

BlackhemiRR is correct on the colored plugs. 68' to 70' B-bodies had them to color coordinate with the upper metal door panels. Whatever the color upper part was painted it had a matching color plug. There was a little rubber plug in the center of the upper anel and a larger one at the front of the panel facing the front of the door jamb.
Posted By: 1hot68

Re: 70 B-body white door plug kit - 11/30/10 03:30 PM

www.megapartsusa.com Jamie will have them or be able to get them for you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums