Moparts

B-body sill plates

Posted By: Silverbullet2

B-body sill plates - 10/06/10 02:41 AM

My originals LOOK 42 years old. How are the repos? From what I can see online they look pretty nice. Are they all about the same as far as fit and appearance? They're inexpensive enough that I don't mind getting a new set, I just hate to buy something that doesn't fit. THANKS!
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/06/10 03:05 AM

they look good
fitment could be a tad better as i recall a couple of the holes need to be elongated, but you cant tell once the screws are installed
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/06/10 04:27 AM

The ones I've seen for 68-70 B body cars are shiny and polished looking compared to the matte finish of the originals. Are there any available that have the correct finish?
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/06/10 10:00 AM

Quote:

The ones I've seen for 68-70 B body cars are shiny and polished looking compared to the matte finish of the originals. Are there any available that have the correct finish?

We finished the 68-70 bbody sills this summer in the correct satin finish.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/06/10 12:01 PM

Quote:

they look good
fitment could be a tad better as i recall a couple of the holes need to be elongated, but you cant tell once the screws are installed

I need a set too. Tony who's are these atleast they look right. Shame that they couldn't figure out the hole placement though....
Posted By: anlauto

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/06/10 12:24 PM

I bought two sets from DALE'S CUDA SHOP They are real nice and priced good too
Posted By: hemigeno

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/07/10 09:04 PM

Mike,

Are they the correct gauge metal (unlike the common reproductions available +/- 10 years ago)? Those neither fit well nor would they draw up tight without making you wonder if the screws were going to pull completely through the sill plate

Hopefully you took care of all that as usual...

Gene

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/08/10 09:46 AM

Quote:

Mike,

Are they the correct gauge metal (unlike the common reproductions available +/- 10 years ago)? Those neither fit well nor would they draw up tight without making you wonder if the screws were going to pull completely through the sill plate

Hopefully you took care of all that as usual...

Gene

Yes they are Gene and I've installed them on several local customer cars.
Posted By: Fab64

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/08/10 05:49 PM

I don't see '66 Coronet sill plates listed on your site. Do you offer them, or are they planned? Thanks.

Roger

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/08/10 11:14 PM

Quote:

I don't see '66 Coronet sill plates listed on your site. Do you offer them, or are they planned? Thanks.

Roger

Yes, those are done Roger. I'm a little tardy getting the website updated with all the new parts.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/09/10 01:48 PM

Quote:

I bought two sets from DALE'S CUDA SHOP They are real nice and priced good too

Thanks Alan good guys to deal with
Posted By: Fab64

Re: B-body sill plates - 10/09/10 04:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Roger

Yes, those are done Roger. I'm a little tardy getting the website updated with all the new parts.

Thanks for the info, Mike.
© 2024 Moparts Forums