Posted By: weedlayer

is this paint a good deal?? - 09/19/10 03:14 AM

http://www.paintforcars.com/kits_starfire_suprjetblack.html

better deals I have not found?
paint any good?
easy/hard to work with?
Posted By: BarrsRestoration

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 09/19/10 04:13 AM

What kind of lawnmower are you planning to paint?
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 09/19/10 05:24 AM

Quote:

High five,my man!
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 09/19/10 05:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

High five,my man!

Seriously your gonna do all that work prepping a car then spray it with the cheapest crap so it winds up chipping/peeling/fading/or who knows what... Pony up & use quality product..
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 09/19/10 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

High five,my man!

Seriously your gonna do all that work prepping a car then spray it with the cheapest crap so it winds up chipping/peeling/fading/or who knows what... Pony up & use quality product..

if your gonna use that maybe you should read the paint your car with a roller thread!
Posted By: weedlayer

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 09/19/10 04:33 PM

I guess I can take that as a no.

I was hoping for a "yup, made by Dupont, PPG, bla bla, just in a different can."

other than your sarcasm and cynicism, you have all been as much help as a rubber crutch.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 09/19/10 05:48 PM

Quote:

paint any good?
easy/hard to work with?

Posted By: 340SIX

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 10/02/10 04:25 AM

See if anyone has R-M Limco it is a cheaper base/clear that can be mixed to factory colors that would be ok for a car/truck
R-M's low line has premixed colors to I bought some for my black trailer
Posted By: A12

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 10/02/10 04:48 AM

Quote:

paint any good?
easy/hard to work with?

One reason I would is there is no contact address and if you search the phone number check out the result.......

"you get what you pay for...."
Posted By: fig426

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 10/02/10 05:37 PM

Go to your local supplier. Someone you can talk to. Tell them you don't want to pay for the top of the line PPG or DuPont or whatever you have by you. They will hook you up with a different line of what they sell at a reasonable price.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 10/03/10 01:14 AM

I've heard good things about the paint TCP global sells. They have a budget lineup of paint and sell a wide variety of paint supplies/tools.
Posted By: Neil

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 10/03/10 03:41 AM

I'd rather have gloss black single stage PPG DCC than a base clear of a paint brand that may or may not hold up in the long run. Non-metallic DCC is about $100 a quart locally.
Posted By: 68-scatpack-rt

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 10/03/10 05:09 PM

Quote:

I'd rather have gloss black single stage PPG DCC than a base clear of a paint brand that may or may not hold up in the long run. Non-metallic DCC is about $100 a quart locally.

i've had great results with the ppg dcc.
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: is this paint a good deal?? - 10/04/10 02:46 PM

Or you can go with a Nason factory pack of black - should be about $150 for the gallon or even less...

Nason is Dupont's "Production Line" of paint. I've been using it for years and really like the results. I've tried several other "cheap" brands but have come back to them...It costs a little more than some of the cheap brands but it generally covers a whole lot better so in the long run it is about the same. I've painted several daily drivers with it and 6-7 years later they still looked darn good
© 2024 Moparts Forums