Moparts

Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box

Posted By: Moparlang

Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/11/10 09:30 PM

Hello everyone, checking to see if anyone has the correct color or formula for the A/C and heater box black. It's used on the vent doors, evap box, etc. Appears to be a semi-gloss black, but not semi-gloss glossy. Thanks!!
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/11/10 09:34 PM

No such animal... The heater box wasn't painted, the raw material color showed...
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 12:05 AM

Quote:

No such animal... The heater box wasn't painted, the raw material color showed...

Yup...Mine before washing,

After pressure washing,

Got new stuff inside,
Posted By: WORKER_BEE

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 03:50 AM

The steel parts that are showing on my 1969 A/C box when looking under the dash are gloss black. The gloss looks the same as the interior paint used on the doors and upper frames i.m.o.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 05:27 PM

Did the same thing to my box as Challenger1. Turned out great!
Posted By: JulesdaWiperman

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 05:52 PM

Enjoy

Attached picture 6191898-ACHeaterBox002.jpg

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 05:53 PM

no paint

Attached picture 6191899-ACHeaterBox005.jpg

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 05:54 PM

Attached picture 6191903-ACHeaterBox034.jpg

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 05:55 PM

How do you post all the pictures on one response please?

Attached picture 6191908-ACHeaterBox033.jpg
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 08:27 PM

Quote:

How do you post all the pictures on one response please?

You post one attachment like you always do. Then you open that attachment and it will pop up in another window. Copy that URL code. For instance this is the code for your first picture: https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/6191898-ACHeaterBox002.jpg

Then edit your post and hit the Instant UBB Code for "Image". Then paste in your URL code for that previous attachment. Then go to the make attachment screen again and attach your 2nd picture. You should see your first picture in the edit attachment screen. Repeat as neccessary. The last picture you want should not have the [image][/image] code on your post, it should just be a regular attachment.

Here are your 3 pictures URL's stuck between [image][/image] code. If you just remmeber the code [image][/image] you don't have to hit that Instant UBB Code button to the right of your edit box and it will save you some time.

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 10:14 PM

Thank you very much.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 10:22 PM

Or you can use Photobucket like I do.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/12/10 11:36 PM

Quote:

Thank you very much.

I suggust going back to your first post and trying it out to get some practice with it. It's takes some time to get used to. Can't hurt anything.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/13/10 12:57 AM

I picked up an un-restored non-a/c heater box for a 1967 GTX and the metalplate on the front is a dull semi-gloss black, definitly not either flat or gloss black

plastic housings are unpainted
Posted By: Moparlang

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/13/10 03:02 AM

OK, I didn't think I would have say this, but I'm talking about the metal parts that are painted black. I know the plastic/fiber whatever parts aren't painted, this is obvious(c'mon guys). Oh, by the way, there is such an animal, it's called the metal heater and A/C box parts. SO, any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/13/10 02:53 PM

Quote:

I picked up an un-restored non-a/c heater box for a 1967 GTX and the metalplate on the front is a dull semi-gloss black, definitly not either flat or gloss black

plastic housings are unpainted

He just told you and
Posted By: WORKER_BEE

Re: Correct Black Paint For Heater and A/C Box - 09/14/10 04:50 AM

Moparlang
I think you're going to have to be more specific on what you're working on, like year and model. What I said on my first post was for a nice clean unrestored '69 B body A/C box. Hope this helps!
© 2024 Moparts Forums