Moparts

details on a Duster hood latch

Posted By: 340wedge

details on a Duster hood latch - 09/06/10 12:08 AM

I'm in the middle of restoring my hood latch, and the bottom part of the handle where you push it to pop the hood open is body color which might be from a repaint, should that be flat black or body color? Thanks

Attached picture 6179209-0000!BiNkTDgBmk~$(KGrHqEH-D8Escw50UTTBLNuKitMRw~~_12.jpg
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: details on a Duster hood latch - 09/06/10 12:28 AM

I HIGHLY reccomend you send both off to Jules Addio for a proper restoration, nothing else even comes close. If you insist on a "black or body color" quicky job, none were body color so black is the way to go but not really correct at all.

Re: details on a Duster hood latch - 09/06/10 12:37 AM

I may be doing that Scott, I just was curious about the very bottom of the handle portion, mine is a body color and the rest is black up to the latch portion. I think that body color area (not seen in the pic) is supposed to be black up until you reach the latch area?
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: details on a Duster hood latch - 09/06/10 01:16 AM

It wasn't painted at all, the "black" portion is a rust prohibitive on the metal, it was a dark coppery brown color, approaching black but not quite, Jules gets FAR closer to anything I've seen to date (close enough that I'm using him for certain on my own parts) but even his isn't a 100% dead nuts match for what the factory used, probably obsolete technology that produced it back in the day.

Re: details on a Duster hood latch - 09/06/10 01:18 AM

Thanks Scott
Posted By: JulesdaWiperman

Re: details on a Duster hood latch - 09/06/10 01:31 AM

I did the ones on Dave Walden's Valiant.
The came out great.
Here is a before picture.
Jules

Attached picture 6179347-IMG_1544.JPG
Posted By: anlauto

Re: details on a Duster hood latch - 09/06/10 02:22 AM

Quote:

I did the ones on Dave Walden's Valiant.
The came out great.
Here is a before picture.
Jules

Yea but even that Valiant didn't score 100% at the Nationals...

I give Jules two thumbs up , his work is like art work...
© 2024 Moparts Forums