Moparts

Console door nuts and studs

Posted By: 70RR383

Console door nuts and studs - 09/05/10 11:01 PM

I cant tighten the nuts on the studs in the console hinge.Either the studs are stripped or the nuts are shot.I tried to pry the inside of the nuts closed ,but they are stiff.Do the studs screw out???Where would you get new ones??Thanks

Re: Console door nuts and studs - 09/06/10 01:43 PM

I sent a couple of messages to supliers of the new consols,hope this helps,anybody??I cant be the only one with this problem.
Posted By: dart6

Re: Console door nuts and studs - 09/06/10 10:32 PM

yes i would like to know too

Re: Console door nuts and studs - 09/06/10 10:37 PM

Dante says NOT AVALABLE.Do they unscrew??If so,I am sure I could find a stud or make one.
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: Console door nuts and studs - 09/08/10 09:34 PM

New console lid studs are smaller in diameter than originals and do not take original style nuts. I ended up going thru my spare tinnerman nut selection and found a set of smaller, flatter nuts that I was able to make work. For the amount of money these parts bring, you would think that this most important detail would not be missed. I was not particularly thrilled with the fact that I had to set aside original hardware and go with a less than appealing plan B to install my new lid.
Posted By: topside

Re: Console door nuts and studs - 09/09/10 03:24 AM

Try McMaster-Carr - they have a website, are very reasonable, and ship very quickly.
My guess is the thread size is smaller on the new parts, or your fasteners were over-tightened at some point and their threads are stripped.
© 2024 Moparts Forums