Moparts

71 cuda

Posted By: GardnersGotCudas

71 cuda - 08/21/10 12:10 AM

i am working on the 2 piece rotors. does any body make them thanks
Posted By: PJM

Re: 71 cuda - 08/21/10 01:53 PM

I dont think they make them anymore. I couldn't find them when I was restoring my 71. Ended up having my orignals cut, luckily they had enough surface left. I did see some on ebay months back.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 71 cuda - 08/21/10 02:08 PM

Unless you are doing an OEM resto,you can switch the spindles to the 73/74 E/B body spindles. The calipers and hardware bolts up the same,but the one peice 73 and up rotor is available,and costs about $42.00 brand new compared to $250.00 plus for the two peice 70-72 rotors,if you can even find them. I have bought several pairs of those spindles in the $50.00-$100.00 range per pair.
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: 71 cuda - 08/22/10 02:45 AM

I have a set of 72 spindles on my car I got the rotors from the local partshouse, they werent 2 piece and werent cheap but they worked and the car stops fine

Re: 71 cuda - 08/22/10 03:52 PM

Quote:

I have a set of 72 spindles on my car I got the rotors from the local partshouse, they werent 2 piece and werent cheap but they worked and the car stops fine

If you are running the one peice cast rotor on the spindles that came with two peice rotors,then the daimeter of the shaft is smaller than the spindle than the spindle that is correct for those rotors. They will bolt on,but the inner bearing is only contacting on the inner edge if the race.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: 71 cuda - 08/22/10 03:57 PM

The quick and easy way out {on the rotor swap} is to use the new adapter race that allows the use of the old spindles with the newer rotors..

Re: 71 cuda - 08/22/10 10:34 PM

I didn't know anybody made an adapter race for that swap. Who makes them,and what do they cost?
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: 71 cuda - 08/23/10 02:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If you are running the one peice cast rotor on the spindles that came with two peice rotors,then the daimeter of the shaft is smaller than the spindle than the spindle that is correct for those rotors. They will bolt on,but the inner bearing is only contacting on the inner edge if the race.

The new replacement rotors for the '70-2 spindles are one piece and look like the '73-up rotors, but are like 4 times the price! The correct two piece rotors are next to impossible to find new anymore.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 71 cuda - 08/23/10 09:07 PM

The quick and easy way out {on the rotor swap} is to use the new adapter race that allows the use of the old spindles with the newer rotors..

not quite a race, it's a machined spacer to install the smaller OD 70-2 INNER wheel bearing race into the larger OD race bore of the 73-up 1 pc rotor,....I've machined my own in the past, to perform this swap,...contact Dr Diff on the Moparts board, as he offers them

Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums