Moparts

Ground Cable Location please???

Posted By: cloneguy

Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/29/10 06:22 PM

Hi all. We're nearly done with the 70 Cuda. Many explanations and photos to follow.

This part got removed but it missed the tagging and bagging phase of the project.

For anyone who doesn't know the car, it's a U code 440, 4 speed track pack car.

Please tell us where this goes.

Attached picture 6111661-groundstrap.jpg
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/29/10 07:35 PM

Quote:

Hi all. We're nearly done with the 70 Cuda. Many explanations and photos to follow.

This part got removed but it missed the tagging and bagging phase of the project.

For anyone who doesn't know the car, it's a U code 440, 4 speed track pack car.

That doesn't look like a factory part, at least I've never seen one look like that , what guage is that cable ?
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/29/10 08:06 PM

The 1970 negative battery cables have two leads, the fat one goes to the driver's side head & the thin one to the radiator support.

You can toss that one in the scrap pile.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/29/10 09:10 PM

Quote:

trash can
Posted By: cloneguy

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/29/10 09:22 PM

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !!!!!
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/29/10 10:30 PM

Its my car and I know where it goes,LOL.. Goes from frame rail to the closest bolt on bellhousing. Either way great job so far, look forward to seeing it.....

Attached picture 6112017-groundcable.jpg

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/30/10 12:49 PM

Quote:

Its my car and I know where it goes,LOL.. Goes from frame rail to the closest bolt on bellhousing. Either way great job so far, look forward to seeing it.....

Someone ADDED it that is not factory , guess the car had the battery relocated to the trunk or the negative cable got changed at one point and it lost it's connection to the body .

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/30/10 03:19 PM

no, that cable goes from the front frame rail on passenger side and grounds to one of the bellhousing bolts. thats from what my pics show. had nothing to do with the negative battery cable.

please correct me if I am wrong.

it never lost its connection to the body. it was unbolted when we were removing the engine and trans. i hope this helps
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/30/10 05:17 PM

What they are saying is, yes you may have taken it off the front frame rail but it didn't come that way from the factory.
Someone had to have added it over the years for some reason.

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/30/10 05:33 PM

Quote:

What they are saying is, yes you may have taken it off the front frame rail but it didn't come that way from the factory.
Someone had to have added it over the years for some reason.

What he said , that was added for any number of reasons , since I didn't see the car before it was disassembled I , or anyone else , can only SPECULATE why it was added, it's not a factory installed part.

If the car gets a factory Negative battery cable it's not needed, though it will carry more current than the factory sized lead.

Re: Ground Cable Location please??? - 07/31/10 04:34 AM

ok, that sums it up then, thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums