Moparts

Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture

Posted By: Morty426

Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 12:33 AM

My question is what bumper guard (the little piece that comes off the bumber into the valance) did they use?

Chrome?
Chrome with the black bumper guard?
Something else?

Anyone got a pic of an original?
Posted By: fig426

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 06:58 AM

Both, depending on how your car was optioned.

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 03:17 PM

Quote:

No that's not the right answer - bumper guards are not an option on cars coded with M73 rubber bumpers.

Does anyone have a picture of a real car?
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 03:57 PM

Best I got:

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 04:04 PM

Since we are looking for the rear that's not helping

I do appreciate the effort. Plus that car is white which is not an available color for an M73 car
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 04:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No that's not the right answer - bumper guards are not an option on cars coded with M73 rubber bumpers.

Bumper guards are not an option for the front on rubber bumper cars,but all Challengers had bumperettes on the rear,rubber bumpers or chrome.

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 04:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bumper guards are not an option for the front on rubber bumper cars,but all Challengers had bumperettes on the rear,rubber bumpers or chrome.

Yes - they all have bumperettes. The question is which bumperette. The logical choice is that it is the plain chrome one. I'm trying to confirm that.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 04:44 PM

I don't have any pictures of them,but most i've seen have the plain chrome bumperettes. I suppose it was possible to get the ones with the black rubber strips on them. I don't think Challenger bumperettes came with the plastic filler peices that go on the rear of the bumperettes,and into the openings in the valance,I believe that was a Cuda thing.

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 05:00 PM

Quote:

I don't have any pictures of them,but most i've seen have the plain chrome bumperettes. I suppose it was possible to get the ones with the black rubber strips on them. I don't think Challenger bumperettes came with the plastic filler peices that go on the rear of the bumperettes,and into the openings in the valance,I believe that was a Cuda thing.

My assumption is that it should have the plain chrome bumperettes. Unfortunetly someone bought the bumpers off my car a long time ago so I don't have the originals to look at.
Posted By: cudaized

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 05:49 PM

Attached picture 5989493-71150492c.jpg

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 06:04 PM

Obviously not a real car, but I think these are real A22 71 bumpers. I first saw this car Aug 2000.
I think before the repro bumpers were being produced.

Attached picture 5989523-71373320bc.jpg

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 06:06 PM

same car - August 2000

Attached picture 5989527-71373320ab.jpg
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 06:35 PM

Hey Ola... I see that car has FL plates. I had an original rear Chall. rubber bumper that I sold to a guy in FL back in 86? I still remember selling it to the owner of USA transmission in Bradenton FL. I sure wish I would have hung on to it. I only paid $75 for it... It was perfect cond. and still had FC7 paint. Just the chrome bumperettes too.

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 06:52 PM

Quote:

Thank you Sir!
Posted By: m46rat

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 07:00 PM

I thought that the black cushions on the front and rear bumper guards were part of the body side moulding option package. Were the cushions available as an option by themselves as well? I don't think that the broadcast sheet differentiates between cars equipped with cushions or without cushions. Does anyone have more information about this?
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 07:19 PM

The chrome front bumper guards with "rubber pad" & rear "rubber pad" on the existing chrome "bumperettes" were only available as OPTION M85 - front & rear bumper guards - $23.80 in '70 & $27.40 in '71.
They were NOT available or included with the "Elastomeric" bumpers.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 10:14 PM

Quote:

The chrome front bumper guards with "rubber pad" & rear "rubber pad" on the existing chrome "bumperettes" were only available as OPTION M85 - front & rear bumper guards - $23.80 in '70 & $27.40 in '71.
They were NOT available or included with the "Elastomeric" bumpers.

But they were part of the A05 Protection Group Pkg

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My assumption is that it should have the plain chrome bumperettes. Unfortunetly someone bought the bumpers off my car a long time ago so I don't have the originals to look at.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curious Yellow??

Quote:

Obviously not a real car, but I think these are real A22 71 bumpers. I first saw this car Aug 2000.
I think before the repro bumpers were being produced.

Repo bumpers were available for sure in 95....

This is one of them... The front is an original....

Attached picture 5990014-Ohlone017rev.jpg

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/18/10 10:54 PM

Quote:

Curious Yellow??

Hemi Orange, white vinyl top, stripe delete, black/white houndstooth interior
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/19/10 12:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Curious Yellow??

Good Combo..

I know/knew of a 71 V code in Curious Yellow missing it's Elastomeric bumpers...

Re: Need a real challenger rear rubber bumper picture - 05/19/10 03:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Curious Yellow??

Good Combo..

I know/knew of a 71 V code in Curious Yellow missing it's Elastomeric bumpers...

well this is a 71 V-code in Hemi Orange missing it's Elastomeric Bumpers - actually I bought a set that is probably the original set off the car - how many rubber bumpers could there be in Canada?
© 2024 Moparts Forums