Posted By: 4-speed

who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/03/07 09:10 PM

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/03/07 11:00 PM

I DO!! 1956. ORIGINAL DOCUMNTED miles.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/03/07 11:26 PM

Joe, you have a real beauty there.

I hope to see your car in person some time. A great time capsule.

Since Joe's Runner has locked up the lowest mileage for the all A12 cars, who has the lowest mileage A12 Bee?

Posted By: STINGRAY

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/04/07 12:35 AM

Quote:

I DO!! 1956. ORIGINAL DOCUMNTED miles.

....I used to see a green one with 900 miles at some shows many years ago...is this the same one, it had a small corner broken off the front of the hood....haven't seen it in many years

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/04/07 12:40 AM

NO BROKEN ANYTHING ON THIS F3 A12, where did you see it, did it have a brown vinyl top and brown saddle interior with console 4 speed. i ve owned this car since 97.
Posted By: STINGRAY

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/04/07 02:12 AM

no, it was F6 Green (I had a Daytona the same color)....it didn't have a vinyl top, interior was black....don't remember any other details, it was quite a few years ago in Indy at the swap meet inside the Indy 500 track....the driver side front corner of the hood was missing, just a couple of square inches, nothing big....I probably have pix somewhere if I looked long enough, I took shots of everything MOPAR back then...I saw it a couple of times, but I have no idea who owned it, or where it went... it was very presentable, but a little scruffy
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/04/07 02:14 AM

To my knowledge the lowest Bee is the 5,600 mile R4 column auto that was found in the Detroit area a couple of years ago and is now on loan and on display at Floyds museum.
KIDSIXPACK

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/04/07 02:22 AM

Thats what I thought.

What a nice find that was as well.

Posted By: gtsuperbee

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/05/07 03:26 AM

I won't win an award for low mileage, but my black bee has 164,000 on it
Posted By: A12

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/05/07 04:25 AM

Quote:

I won't win an award for low mileage, but my black bee has 164,000 on it

Gary, that's because you

all of the decals on the windshield

Attached picture 3930459-DSC02980.JPG
Posted By: BFASTER

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/06/07 06:37 AM

Quote:

To my knowledge the lowest Bee is the 5,600 mile R4 column auto that was found in the Detroit area a couple of years ago

Wait, let me go get my horn......................
My odometer on my A4 383 Auto '69 Bee shows 4400 actual miles. The car only spent 9 years registered for the road, then was stored for 23 years in a barn/garage in Pa. And then 5 more in my garage whilst I did some minor bodywork. It's almost ready for paint;the engine bay is done with fresh 1970 HP2 440 almost ready to fire up.
O.K., I forgot to mention that in the early 70's it had the 440, a 4 speed and a Dana 60 installed. Told to me by the previous owner who bought it in 1975 or 1976, I forget, but he's the one that did it and probably never hooked the speedo cable back up! Regardless, it can't have too many miles on it. It's been in Pa. all its life and there wasn't a single hole in the floor pan. Only three or so in the trunk.
Oh well, I'm gonna drive it like I stole it anyway, that's why I bought it.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/06/07 06:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

To my knowledge the lowest (A12) Bee is the 5,600 mile R4 column auto that was found in the Detroit area a couple of years ago

My odometer on my A4 383 Auto '69 Bee shows 4400 actual miles. The car only spent 9 years registered for the road, then was stored for 23 years in a barn/garage in Pa. And then 5 more in my garage whilst I did some minor bodywork. It's almost ready for paint;the engine bay is done with fresh 1970 HP2 440 almost ready to fire up.
O.K., I forgot to mention that in the early 70's it had the 440, a 4 speed and a Dana 60 installed. Told to me by the previous owner who bought it in 1975 or 1976, I forget, but he's the one that did it and probably never hooked the speedo cable back up! Regardless, it can't have too many miles on it. It's been in Pa. all its life and there wasn't a single hole in the floor pan. Only three or so in the trunk.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/06/07 08:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To my knowledge the lowest (A12) Bee is the 5,600 mile R4 column auto that was found in the Detroit area a couple of years ago

I think that we are talking about A12 survivors here. I love those stories though! Since were on the subject I know two other low mileage A12 Bees that have both been restored. The first is R4 white int. white stripe that had 4,000 miles on it when it was discovered. The second is F5 Black int. black stripe that had 6,800 miles when it was found. Both have bee driven a bit now, but they were truely great finds! Mine had just 44,000 miles when I pruchased in in 93! Now it has around 70,000! As most of the A12 guys know the picture below is of my car just before the restoration.
KIDSIXPACK
Posted By: DusterMan

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 01:52 AM

12,000 miles,Total restoration, lift-off hood, 440 6-pack, 4-speed, Rally Green,
Special order 999 code. A12 - 6-Pak Option 1X - Black Vinyl Top
8X - Sport Stripe 26 - 26 Radiator X9 - Black upper door trim
D-21 - 4-Speed OS4 - 6-Pak Radiator build sheet, over $18,000 in restoration receipts from 97 to 05 and is a California car. Dana 60 rear end, all original panels, and according to past owners the 12,000 miles on odometer is correct. The block is non-matching,

Attached picture 3935050-superbee.jpg
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 01:53 AM

CoolThanks for the information, looks really nice. Is it on the Six Pack Registry?

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 02:29 AM

Quote:

12,000 miles,Total restoration, lift-off hood, 440 6-pack, 4-speed, Rally Green,
Special order 999 code. A12 - 6-Pak Option 1X - Black Vinyl Top
8X - Sport Stripe 26 - 26 Radiator X9 - Black upper door trim
D-21 - 4-Speed OS4 - 6-Pak Radiator build sheet, over $18,000 in restoration receipts from 97 to 05 and is a California car. Dana 60 rear end, all original panels, and according to past owners the 12,000 miles on odometer is correct. The block is non-matching,

Nice example! I think it's a new one too! This is a good example of how A12 cars didn't keep their original #'s matching motor very long! A lot of restamped blocks ut there!
KID

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 02:43 AM

good looking green bee. By the way, I know of an 8,000 mile v2 hardtop 4spd bee. I spoke to dave watt about it and told him I'd get the info on it for his studies.
Posted By: mymcodebee

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 03:31 AM

Here is my old A12 Bee. I pulled it out of storage in a barn. Could not verify the mileage as the original owner was ill. I bought the car from his parents. He was the original owner. Could a car have 103720K and have an interior like this?? Never really knew for sure.

The car is now in Pittsburg. The interior is all original. Everything down to the carpet. I just blew off the dust and cleaned it up. The car is numbers matching everything.

Reid

Attached picture 3935372-DSC00355.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 03:32 AM

Another interior shot.

Attached picture 3935376-DSC00363.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 03:35 AM

Last one.

Attached picture 3935383-DSC00358.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 03:46 AM

Quote:

Here is my old A12 Bee. I pulled it out of storage in a barn. Could not verify the mileage as the original owner was ill. I bought the car from his parents. He was the original owner. Could a car have 103720K and have an interior like this?? Never really knew for sure.

The car is now in Pittsburg. The interior is all original. Everything down to the carpet. I just blew off the dust and cleaned it up. The car is numbers matching everything.

Reid

Reid, I would think the exterior would or could tell the tale more so than the interior. At 3,720 there would be little reason to change tires except for dry rot or "day two" wheels and tires but then they would or should be from that era IMO. How much wear was on the rubber pads on the pedals? The dash sure looks good but my wife's 140,000 mile Scirocco's dash looks just as new as that but has the 100K digit on the odo too so there's no mistake of actual milage

What's your thoughts of the drive line and exterior, did it seem to be possible the odo was only 3,720 miles?

MikeR

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 03:48 AM

Wow, as I'm typing and pausing to make sure the kid is in bed you post those photos and that sure looks like that could be a 4K car

MikeR

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 03:50 AM

You sold that!!!!......................... (I had to do it )

MikeR
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 04:01 AM

Very nice!
The interior looks low mileage from what I can tell. Keep in mind, it is not hard to turn back those old speeedometers! Mine has 7600 on it now with a pristine original interior. The carpet was dry rotted but had no wear on the heel pad or carpet that I could find. However, when I registered it, I registered it as original mileage unknown because I could not document it. Tires may not mean anything? I bought my first A12 in 1972 with 9100 miles on it and it had chrome slotted wheels with Kelly Springfield tires. I asked the (original) owner if he had the steel wheels and he said he didn't remember what he did with them. I don't know why I wanted them back in 1972? Must have been a premonition that I should keep all the original parts with the car? This was when the car wasn't even 3 years old. Are you sure it's a one owner car? You might be able to do a title search at the Motor Vehicles Dept. Some states include mileage records of inspections.
Posted By: BFASTER

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 04:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey A12...........sorry I confused you. I was just going off the the qoute about a low mlieage Super Bee. I didn't mean to cross over into sacred territory. Just wanted to share my little story about the car I love.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 05:18 AM

James, no problem, enjoyed the story just got a little confused with the low mile engine change, but we all know how cars that were driven like these ended up with changed motors

On that note, another story not about an A12 Bee but a low mile Hemi Bee (no ground too sacred here).

This Hemi Super Bee when I first saw it at a local Dairy Queen Saturday evening cruise (driven there) had what I thought was 106,800 miles on it but looked in way to good of shape. When the owner's friend asked me what I thought about the car (I knew how to read a fender tag and knew it was a legit original Hemi Bee from all of the telltails) I said "It's in really good shape having 106,800 miles on it" and he said "No that's 6,800 miles put on a quarter of a mile at a time" . His friend was the second owner, the original owner bought it new to race back in '69 and that's all it did for about 6,800 miles. I wonder if the speedo cable forgot to be re-attached at one time too, no real need for it when you have a tach and a track that will let you know how fast you went

MikeR

Attached picture 3935596-HemiBee6800milesrs.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 01:03 PM

I have not gotten into the details of my old car very much except for showing you guys the pics of it coming out of the barn. Let me just say this car would have been a very long post and debate. The cars exterior was as impressive as the interior. Similiar to Kidsixpacks' car prior to his resto. The owner lived in Ct. and left the car up here at his parents house in Maine to drag race it at a local track. I never really got into the mileage thing as I could not prove or disprove it. There are many pros and cons to support it that we could bat around. (Maybe on another post as to not hijack this one).
I filmed every inch of this car with my video camera before I sold it. "The first time"
The car still has an inspection sticker showing 1877 miles in 1977. Any idea if the mechanic would or should have put actual mileage or what was showing. Car was sold out of CHORCHES Dodge in Conn. I tried everything to talk to the actual owner instead of the parents and it just was not happening. I was always on the fence with the mileage but just wanted to point out that there could be another low mileage bee out there but will not ever be documented.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 08:58 PM

Hey Reid, that is one cool car you owned. From what it looks like to me, that was a low mileage original car.

In the last day I had a conversation with a fellow out of Tennessee who I had originally talked to a couple of months back. He called me out of the blue a couple of months ago when he heard my car was for sale and said he had an original A12 Runner.

I made contact with Larry again and told him that I will be down his way in the next couple of months and told him I would like to see his car. He said great, come on by and he would show me his 3400 mile A12 Runner that he bought new. He gave me his VIN and says he titled the car on September 19, 1969 and still has the original keys.

The car is an automatic on the column and also is a bench seat coupe.

Apparently someone from Quebec heard about the car and came down and layed a whole bunch of cash on the hood of the car but a deal was not made.

I am looking forward to meeting Larry and seeing his car. Will keep you posted on what I find.

Posted By: Fasbird

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 10:10 PM

I'm still waiting for someone to lay cash on my hood...... I guess advertising would help?

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 10:48 PM

Gary, you have a very nice car and I think it would do real well at BJ or Russo and Steele.

I will even keep it shined up for you all week for free, although I would have to break for Happy Hour from 5 till 9.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 11:01 PM

Harry, you can take my car for a spin anytime you want

Hey O/T for a second. Are you still moving south?

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/07/07 11:35 PM

Gary, I am looking forward to going back to South Carolina to be with some of my best friends.

We will head out sometime in the first quarter of 2008 and looking forward to taking the Runner with me. My wife finally talked some sense into me as far as not letting the Runner go.

Good thing I have a smart and understanding wife, because her mate is not too bright sometimes.

Good luck with your car!!!

Attached picture 3937014-RoadRunner00160%.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 02:15 AM

Good Choice Harry, hold on to that one.
I made that mistake already.

Don't forget to take you camera when you stop in to see the low mileage runner if it is OK with the owner.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 03:35 AM

Not crazy low mileage (22,000). But here is a pic of my survivor 383 bee my dad bought new in 69. It was featured in Mopar Collector's Guide Aug 2005.

Attached picture 3937655-DSC02189.JPG
Posted By: moparmojo

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 04:31 AM

Ok, since we are all talking about this, how does one go and prove a car has such low mileage. In this day and age where every joe blow can send a gauge cluster out to be redone. How is it possible to prove low miles. Seems more and more of these ultra low mile cars keep popping up. I just sometimes find them hard to believe. Heck I don't even know anyone that has a recent new car with very low miles that isn't being driven everyday.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 04:35 AM

I also have a 1929 model A replica (built by shay in 1979 available through ford dealerships). It has only 803 miles and has never been registered. Still a new car essentially. Also for sale by the way.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 04:41 AM

I bought one in 1972 with 9100 miles on it and sold it in 1995 with 24000 miles on it. I had inspection sticker receipts for every 6 months to show what the mileage was when it was inspected. The guy I bought it from had inspection receipts from day one. There are ways to prove the mileage. On my current one, it had 7481 miles on it when I bought it in 1995 and it had a 1981 inspection sticker on the windshield. The interior would not indicate every day use. I cannot certify that it's original milage but it's not hard to tell that it was a low mileage original.
Posted By: HPMike

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 06:39 AM

Quote:

Ok, since we are all talking about this, how does one go and prove a car has such low mileage. In this day and age where every joe blow can send a gauge cluster out to be redone. How is it possible to prove low miles. Seems more and more of these ultra low mile cars keep popping up. I just sometimes find them hard to believe. Heck I don't even know anyone that has a recent new car with very low miles that isn't being driven everyday.

You are correct, it's very hard to prove in some cases.

And then there are some really legit low mile cars, but due to poor storage conditions, look like they have a million miles on them and need a total resto. No one really knows for sure, but there are some clues that will tell you whether or not what you are seeing is truly legit. I have two low mile hemi cars that are completely different. The Challenger (2800 miles) has every original part on it, still smells new inside, and there are numerous items that tell you that this car's mileage is correct. The Coronet(7,000 miles), was unfortunately kept in a poor fashion, and needed a full restoration. I would imagine if it not for the fact that the last time the car was registered was 1969(it's a 66), no one would be inclined to believe it. Both cars were ex drag cars.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 02:12 PM

Good Point Mike this is where my old A12 sat for nearly 20 years. Right beside one of the open windows. I actually had to brush snow off the piece of plastic covering the car when I first found it. As well as remove an old wooden rocking chair off the hood that was holding down the plastic.

This pic was taken three years later as I prayed no one else would find it before they were ready to sell.

Attached picture 3938273-superbee5.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 02:13 PM

Most of the A12 guys have seen this but here it is anyway inside the barn.

Attached picture 3938275-Superbee1.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 02:20 PM

And after moving two cougars and an old coupe its heading home.

Attached picture 3938293-superbee3.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 04:14 PM

These are great points. My car (A12) has the cleanest frames and floorpans you can imagine. The odo' showed 37K miles on it when I purchased. The 2000 AZ state emissions inspection sticker shows the car at 37K. I would believe that mileage compared to actual body condition. BUT... I have no way to actually "prove it". BTW, I just turned over 39K+ this summer. "Is it real, or is it Memorex".....
Posted By: Kirby

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 04:38 PM

My A-12 Bee had 6,616 miles showing on the OD. Pedals had little wear, window felts are perfect, lots of things that would make someone believe it was original miles. However, my car got swatted in the front a LONG time ago and sat- so it needed a full resto. Motor/tranny believed to be removed when the car was damaged. It was raced in Oklahoma- but no one seems to remember it. Tried a title search in OK- came up empty- that was the end of the line as far as trying to find anything out about my car. Only rust was a small hole under drivers feet- and a bit of rust on the bottom of the quarters- poor storage damage- I think. Every spot weld is beautiful- and only a couple pits in the trunk. These cars rusted way to easily for it to be 106,616- but I suppose the speedo could have been unhooked too. My car was by no means a survivor- it needed it all- but still some signs that it may have had low miles.Tking her out for the last run tonight- before the snow flies-
Posted By: Alaska_A12

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 05:55 PM

My car had 1291 on the odo when I bought it. Course that was an odo set to zero when the car was restored by an owner three before me. Word was it had 55,000 on the odo at restore but who knows what's real when the car had more owners than a lady of the night has dates.

If the car was sold origianlly in Idaho then I am the 17th owner.

Hey!! Maybe I should start a "who has the A12 with most previous owners thread".

BTW, odo read 4,244 when I put her to sleep for this winter.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 06:12 PM

Here is a couple of lower mileage A12 cars from the prairies.

The Runner has around 39,000 miles and was bought off the original owner back in the early seventies. This car was sold new in Saskatchewan. This car still runs 2 original Goodyears on it.

The Bee has 46,000 miles and was sold new in Alberta. Both owners are very good guys.

Both cars are bench 4 speed coupes with the Runner having all original power train and the Bee lost its power train early in life.

Attached picture 3938740-A12SaskatchewanCars95%#3.JPG
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 06:38 PM

I was looking for the article, but can't locate it.
..... there is the "Grotheer" A12 Road Runner, what was the mileage on that when it was in MCG a few years ago?

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 06:48 PM

Quote:

I was looking for the article, but can't locate it.
..... there is the "Grotheer" A12 Road Runner, what was the mileage on that when it was in MCG a few years ago?

Seems to be a pattern here with low milage and and cars that were raced Don't need no stinkin speedo needle distraction while you're looking at a tach and

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 06:53 PM

Sweet photo Harry, I like the orange car for some reason.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/08/07 07:51 PM

Dave, that car is a twin to yours.

This is the car that got caught by the new owner as the local workers were doing burnouts in the parking lot of the Chrysler Headquarters in Windsor as he was arriving to pick up his brand new and untouched A12 Road Runner.

The original owner had left the prairies to pick up his car in May of '69 and arrived a day early to pickup his car at the Chrysler Headquarters.

Apparently he saw what was going on in the parking lot, but didn't think much of it until he later found out that was his car the local boys were pounding on in the parking lot.

The story goes that things got pretty heated between the new owner and the Headquarters and some compromises were made and the car was then driven back by the new owner to the prairies some 1500 miles.

To my knowledge he still runs original Goodyears on the rear, but is not taken out often. The owner had so much foresight on buying NOS parts for Mopars back in the seventies that he has enough original parts that he is building a clone. I have seen his many of his NOS parts, along with carbs, air cleaner assembly, hood, rads etc. and the list goes on. A nice guy on top of that as well.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 12:20 AM

I think that you really and truely know if a car has 6K or 106K! I think that some people may want to believe that their car may be ultra low miles! With A12 car in particular I think that there is a good chance that there are a lot of low mile cars out there. They were raced, they were abused and broken in their ealy lives. You must remember the average 18-19 year old that bought these cars new bought them to beat the snot out of and usually did! They (A12's) were not so highly prized when new! Most of the original owners that I have spoken with did race their A12 when it was new, but most also had a second car. So I believe that A12's by nature were not generally daily drivers, but toys. Not all of coarse! I think that the only way (other than obvious condition) to verify a low mileage car is to speak to previous owners if at all possible. I did that when I purchased my car in 93. The condition of the car indicated that 44K was original and speaking to the owners and doing a title search ended with my belief that it was.
KIDSIXPACK
My Name is Steve and I like Bees!

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 01:07 AM

Steve, I think you are bang on. The ultra low mileage cars usually have some history to them that can be traced or verified.

Real low mileage cars are easier to determine than a 50,000 mile car IMO. The real low mile cars usually tend to have very few owners and in many cases have some very good paperwork.

A good example of great background and history is the Bee found I believe in Michigan last year. That might not have been typical, but not unusual.

The Runner with supposedly 3400 miles that I am going to look at in Tennessee in the next few months apparently has the original title, keys and broadcast sheet.

Back in the ninties I had a '68 RS/SS L78 Camaro with only 28,000 miles on it which isn't real low mileage, but still good. It only had 2 owners before me and each owner passed along the bill of sale, title, original keys, protecto plate etc. and I think that happens a lot with low mile cars.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 02:35 AM

Quote:

Steve, I think you are bang on. The ultra low mileage cars usually have some history to them that can be traced or verified.

Real low mileage cars are easier to determine than a 50,000 mile car IMO. The real low mile cars usually tend to have very few owners and in many cases have some very good paperwork.

A good example of great background and history is the Bee found I believe in Michigan last year. That might not have been typical, but not unusual.

The Runner with supposedly 3400 miles that I am going to look at in Tennessee in the next few months apparently has the original title, keys and broadcast sheet.

Back in the ninties I had a '68 RS/SS L78 Camaro with only 28,000 miles on it which isn't real low mileage, but still good. It only had 2 owners before me and each owner passed along the bill of sale, title, original keys, protecto plate etc. and I think that happens a lot with low mile cars.

I don't think original keys, protecto plates and bill of sales will certify a low mileage car but the owners testimony and any verification by others that know the car along with inspection or other receipts would help. Your own inspection and discovery would then be enough to self-certify the mileage when you register a new title in your name. The lower the mileage the less proof or evidence will be available. There's very few cars out there with 38 years of documentation! At some point with many of these low mileage cars, good judgement and honesty has to be involved.
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 03:43 AM

Also how about project 6 pack, how many miles does that RR have.
I will see if I have the mag that the Grotheer A12 is in.
That is only if the photo guy doesn't get to it first, right Mike???

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 04:07 AM

Quote:

David,......Project Six Pack "appears" to have 12,600+ on it, you better find that Grotheer photo/story quick, I'm closing in on it

MikeR

Attached picture 3940254-ProjectSixPackodo.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 04:14 AM

That's the same steering wheel I have in my coronet deluxe. Didn't know you could get it in a chicken.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 04:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

David,......Project Six Pack "appears" to have 12,600+ on it, you better find that Grotheer photo/story quick, I'm closing in on it

MikeR

David, getting closer...........

Attached picture 3940291-DonGrotheersA12RR100005.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 04:24 AM

Hey look it's Don's Un---------------------------Bent Lynch Road Fender Tag....ooops getting side tracked there David, and besides that's another thread.....later

MikeR

Attached picture 3940298-DonGrotheersA12RR100004.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 04:52 AM

JD, maybe reread my post.

"The real low mile cars usually tend to have very few owners and in many cases have some very good paperwork."

The key information here is the paperwork. I have owned a number of cars that have had a lot of paperwork and that includes everything from an owners manuals with recorded service work to oil changes, tuneups, brake work, exhaust work as so on. Each piece of paperwork usually indicates the date and the mileage on the car.

In the case of my '69 SC/Rambler, I not only have all the original paperwork including the bill of sale, certicard and owners manual, but all the receipts for work done during its life which indicate dates and mileages. In the case of my Runner, I have documentation showing the mileage back some 25 years.

Having been around these cars probably as long as you, I would suggest that having all the original paperwork for a car along with other documentation would indicate that the previous owner/owners kept well documented records of dates and mileages for the car.

Certainly original keys, protecto plates and bills of sale don't document anything, but they do indicate that the owner probably has a lot more additional backup information to do that. I have had cars with all the original keys, brochures, documentation and so on, but along with that, all the service records.

To suggest "that the lower the mileage the less proof or evidence will be available", what do you base that on? I would rather deal with one or two owners on a low mileage car than 15 owners of a higher mileage car.

As far as self certifying a cars mileage from your own inspection and discovery to register a new title in your name, that may work for the state or provincial government body, but certainly wouldn't carry any weight when it comes
authenticating a cars mileage.

Inspections or service receipts with dates and mileages are as good as it gets for me.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 04:56 AM

Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 05:46 AM

Mike, I know you're UNBEATABLE when it comes to pictures and stuff so I didn't even try. I am at work so I would not have found the article till 8am anyways.
I just wanted to test your skills out and see how fast you could find it.

p.s. is that trunk splatter paint on that unbent fender tag??? (Looks like white overspray)
Later David

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 12:19 PM

Quote:

That's the same steering wheel I have in my coronet deluxe. Didn't know you could get it in a chicken.

Yes, it's the standard steering wheel with the Medium grade bench seat interior.

Attached picture 3940600-RoadRunner208.JPG
Posted By: Kirby

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 03:21 PM

My car did come with a title transferred to MN in 1986. The mileage showing then was 3000. Still not enough proof for me- but my car was flipped- and on of the guys before me has fallen off the face of the earth. I gotta believe that back in the day quite a few of these cars were damaged- stripped of their power train and sat for a quite a while- and probably not in the best storage conditions. So a low mileage car- could get pretty ratty looking quickly.
Posted By: dstryr

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/09/07 03:37 PM

with Kirby. I've had several GTOs that fit the beat-on and left to die description.

The owner who had my RR from '76 to '02 told me he picked the car up from in front of a salvage yard while it sat waiting to be parted. It was pretty rough when I bought it though it still has its orginal drivetrain.

There's not a lot of history on my car but there is an oil change sticker from '92 or '94 that shows 48k miles. I picked it up in Nov. '02 with 52890, shows 58XXX now.

Posted By: moparmojo

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/10/07 06:21 AM

I don't know. I guess this post just got me thinking. I never really thought about it, my 1970 Challenger Convertible had like 58,000 miles on it when I got it. I really know nothing of the original history of the car. So now I wonder, is that original or not. I would say not, the condition of the car was poor. But again, like I was saying before, who's to say. I could see if you are the second owner and you bought the car back in say early 72 or something. You could be assured the mileage is probably correct. But even I know of people might play with the odometer or pull the speedo cable. (my brother has actually done that.) But other then honest to goodness hard proof. It is a toss up. We are just going off the word of the guy before us. Who's to say a guy doesn't pull the speedo cable every six months and only track half the mileage. I guess the only certaintee is being the owner of a car since new. I would take most people at their word, but again, so many cars with so low mileage always popping up makes me wonder. Sure a low mileage pulled from the junk yard and restored...does that really mean anything.Not sure. One owner may tell the next owner, he is unsure if the mileage is original or not and the next time the new owner goes to resell it what do you think he will say? He will certainly say, it's original and from his view point, is he lying ??? just food for thought.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/10/07 12:28 PM

This post got me thinking too.Will it ever end? Restoration related,not really

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/10/07 06:13 PM

Quote:

Dan, yeah but since the merge of the two forums I'm going to play the card that Tom gave us, remember it's not the "Mopart Restoration Forum" but the "Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum" so shouldn't A12 subjects be okay? I think if we keep it somewhat within the Restoration realm and not stray too far we may be okay. How to tell if an unrestored car's odo matches the condition of the car is kind of interesting in a way.

I think stand alone A12 subjects should be considered okay as long as we all get along during this merge period IMO. If there's no replys then it just goes away. Must be some others that are interested in the

MikeR

Attached picture 3943440-DSC01023110MPH68RR.jpg
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/10/07 06:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Must be some others that are interested in the

MikeR

I'm in!

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/10/07 07:00 PM

Quote:

MikeR

And here I thought the was put on here for Tem all along. Guess not!!

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/10/07 08:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

MikeR

Yeah, where the heck has Nekid been? And I thought I was the guy not posting much...

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/10/07 10:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MikeR

Yeah, where the heck has Nekid been? And I thought I was the guy not posting much...

Looks like his last post on the "A12 Forum" was Fri May 04 2007 02:27 PM .

I don't see that he has been advertising his "Nekid" A12 for sale any longer either.

He does have a Nov. 1 post on the "truck van" section.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 02:57 AM

Mike, I agree that hopefully anything A12 related can be posted on here whether its restoration related or not, and if not, where do we go?

Posted By: HPMike

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 03:03 AM

Quote:

Mike, I agree that hopefully anything A12 related can be posted on here whether its restoration related or not, and if not, where do we go?

Why do people even care about post content anyway, and whether or not the subject goes "off topic"? Why not improvise and embellish. Let's face it, the subleties of concours restoration, while important, can also be quite boring at times.

I say let er rip.

Mike

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 03:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, it's the standard steering wheel with the Medium grade bench seat interior.

I guess that's just one more reason why super bees are cooler than chickens

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 03:34 AM

so much cooler in fact that their owners have last names like "cool" as in steve cool

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 03:36 AM

Quote:

so much cooler in fact that their owners have last names like "cool" as in steve cool

I'll see your "cool" and raise you a Fast as in Gary "the napster" Fast.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 03:40 AM

You got me there, I guess I made a Thom(a$$) out of myself

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 05:45 AM

Quote:

You got me there, I guess I made a Thom(a$$) out of myself

It's Cool & Fast!! The Birds & the Bees are forever linked!!

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 12:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's Cool & Fast!! The Birds & the Bees are forever linked!!

Yeah,but these have wings.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 12:49 PM

More wings.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 04:36 PM

Quote:

How about Watt, like a lightbulb? No, not as "cool".

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 10:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That could shed some light on the subject.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 11:46 PM

what about the lowest mileage hemi roadrunner or superbee, mine is 17,010 original.

what about max wedges, i have a 64 liteweight with 2024 original miles also.
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/11/07 11:59 PM

Quote:

what about the lowest mileage hemi roadrunner or superbee, mine is 17,010 original.

What about first year 1984 Caravans? My dad put one away with 604 miles, so there. He lets me go in, sit down and make noises, but I am not allowed to touch anything unless I put on the rubber gloves. I tell him all the time to drive it.

Rick.
Posted By: sixbbl69

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 12:06 AM

Quote:

i feel sorry for you for having something like that but this is about A12 cars. start your own post.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 12:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave, your car in stock form would produce 290940 WATTS of power. That's a lot of WATTs!!!

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave, your car in stock form would produce 290940 WATTS of power. That's a lot of WATTs!!!

Holy cow, I never did the conversion to WATTage, it would make my head spin.
Posted By: sandbagger

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What about first year 1984 Caravans? My dad put one away with 604 miles, so there. He lets me go in, sit down and make noises, but I am not allowed to touch anything unless I put on the rubber gloves. I tell him all the time to drive it.

Rick.

Any rare options on that C-van Rick?

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 02:23 AM

When we start talking caravans, we've hit an all time low. And yes, I am guilty of mentioning my ford. At least it's a Model A (12)

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 02:25 AM

Quote:

When we start talking caravans, we've hit an all time low. And yes, I am guilty of mentioning my ford. At least it's a Model A (12)

Take the hubcaps off and paint the whitewalls red. "A12 version, baby!!!!"

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 02:27 AM

Speaking of Fords, I recently ran across a 68 Torino GT sitting behind a garage in a fenced yard. Next trip that direction and I'll stop and knock on the door, maybe see if its for real.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 02:52 AM

Quote:

A Ford Model A?......well okay, but how about a 410 mile Dodge (Brothers)

MikeR

Attached picture 3946561-DSC02521.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 02:57 AM

and it ain't some wimpy "girlymatic" either

Attached picture 3946579-DSC02519.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 03:04 AM

My A doesn't have a girlymatic in it. I think one of you guys should give it a nice home. I'm tired of looking at it. By the way, my "A" has never had plates registered to it, it is still a brand new car.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 03:07 AM

I find it interesting the original symbol used a jewish star in it because they borrowed money from a jewish friend of theirs to get going.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 03:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

A Ford Model A?......well okay, but how about a 410 mile Dodge (Brothers)

MikeR

Mike,do you realize how many years it took to run up that many miles?Not the hottest match in the box!
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 03:40 AM

Low mile A12's to Fords and minivans.......

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 04:05 AM

Quote:

I find it interesting the original symbol used a jewish star in it because they borrowed money from a jewish friend of theirs to get going.

Attached picture 3946805-DSC02515.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 04:14 AM

Quote:

Low mile A12's to Fords and minivans.......

Okay, I'll try to reel this back in with my Y4 A12 RR's odo as it sits now with 61k on it. Not low, not high but typical and put on hard is street racing style with all of the bad boys from Youngstown, eh Gary T?

MikeR

Attached picture 3946824-DSC07396rs.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 04:14 AM

Quote:

Other than some needed spelling classes, I think you maybe need your own " Lowest Mileage Forum " for all the cars you have.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 04:31 AM

when all else fails, there's always photoshop...but what we've hopefully learned from this thread is; the instrument bezel condition in no way matches the mileage on the odo

Attached picture 3946862-DSC01023000001mile.jpg

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 04:43 AM

Quote:

when all else fails, there's always photoshop...but what we've hopefully learned from this thread is; the instrument bezel condition in no way matches the mileage on the odo

Good point, but that odometer sure looks nice at 0001. Certainly as good as it gets.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/12/07 06:41 PM

Quote:

The great thing about a computer mouse is that the operator is in control. Amazing how that works. Don't want to read it; don't click.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/15/07 08:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dan, yeah but since the merge of the two forums I'm going to play the card that Tom gave us, remember it's not the "Mopart Restoration Forum" but the "Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum" so shouldn't A12 subjects be okay?

MikeR

Guess not!!

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/15/07 08:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dan, yeah but since the merge of the two forums I'm going to play the card that Tom gave us, remember it's not the "Mopart Restoration Forum" but the "Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum" so shouldn't A12 subjects be okay?

MikeR

Guess not!!

Yeah I saw that Jim and it got me a little I was thinking that we would be given just a little flex or wiggle for how long the A12 Restoration Forum was around and then merged with the 1-year old Moparts Restoration Forum, but I guess I was wrong More hand writing on the wall IMO. I think the members that were active on the long running A12 Forum (not just A12 owners) have provided more restoration, technique and technical information than they have taken or asked for. I was hoping there would be a little longer leniency period in the A12 post subjects, especially when you read the new forum title “Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum” and how the merge came about. It’s not the first time I’ve been wrong. Maybe it’s best if they just got rid of the “& A12 Forum” and be done with it, I’m sure there would be a lot of very happy members.

MikeR

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/15/07 09:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MikeR

Guess not!!

Yeah I saw that Jim and it got me a little I was thinking that we would be given just a little flex or wiggle for how long the A12 Restoration Forum was around and then merged with the 1-year old Moparts Restoration Forum, but I guess I was wrong More hand writing on the wall IMO. I think the members that were active on the long running A12 Forum (not just A12 owners) have provided more restoration, technique and technical information than they have taken or asked for. I was hoping there would be a little longer leniency period in the A12 post subjects, especially when you read the new forum title “Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum” and how the merge came about. It’s not the first time I’ve been wrong. Maybe it’s best if they just got rid of the “& A12 Forum” and be done with it, I’m sure there would be a lot of very happy members.

MikeR

Mike, we can certainly see where this is all going. It looks like a one way road to no where.

It was bad enough that the A12 Forum was taken away with virtually no advance warning or explanation, but then it seems that there are no guidelines as to what we can and cannot post on this new A12 forum.

As you so correctly pointed out, the A12 members certainly gave more than they took and its really sad to see that most of these very knowledgable enthusiasts have skipped town.

There's only a few of us old soldiers left to guard the fort.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/15/07 09:48 PM

I can't figure out why anyone is still posting here. After the sales pitch threads died down you haven't heard a peep from that crowd. How will anyone ever know how to restore a car now??

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/15/07 11:00 PM

Quote:

Maybe it’s best if they just got rid of the “& A12 Forum” and be done with it, I’m sure there would be a lot of very happy members.

MikeR

Yeah, all those A12 guys are a bunch of whiners. I say we get rid of all of them.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/15/07 11:15 PM

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/15/07 11:58 PM

Quote:

I was hoping there would be a little longer leniency period in the A12 post subjects, especially when you read the new forum title “Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum” and how the merge came about. It’s not the first time I’ve been wrong. Maybe it’s best if they just got rid of the “& A12 Forum” and be done with it, MikeR

I think Tom should just remove the A12 Forum moniker. The reality is this is not even partially an A12 forum any longer.

Maybe rename it the "Restoration and new product advertisement Forum".
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/16/07 12:24 AM

Quote:

the fort needs to move to another location

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/16/07 03:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave, I think your right. Just point me in the right direction and I will pack up all my gear.

See you in a couple of months!!

Attached picture 3956210-RoadRunner00160%.JPG

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/16/07 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave, I think your right. Just point me in the right direction and I will pack up all my gear.

See you in a couple of months!!

Going to B-J eh?

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/16/07 10:34 PM

Yup. Me and my honey.

She shops and I troll with my car buddies.

Wish you were coming. First couple would be on me!!

Posted By: DONS_BEE

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/18/07 03:38 AM

If you guys move, be sure to leave me your forwarding address so I can keep up on all the A-12 stuff. The A-12 forum was my favorite stop on this whole site.
I was bummed when I first seen it lumped with the restoration forum, what gives? I just figured the A-12 forum was now to be short lived and that SUCKS.

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/18/07 08:48 AM

Quote:

If you guys move, be sure to leave me your forwarding address so I can keep up on all the A-12 stuff. The A-12 forum was my favorite stop on this whole site.
I was bummed when I first seen it lumped with the restoration forum, what gives? I just figured the A-12 forum was now to be short lived and that SUCKS.

"Short lived"

Probably!!

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/26/08 05:23 AM

A new Low mileage A12 showed up!
Here's a link to some banter and the car!
KID

http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1227144681
Posted By: cdp

Re: who owns the lowest milage A12 car. - 11/27/08 02:07 AM

"A new Low mileage A12 showed up!
Here's a link to some banter and the car!"

Too bad they restored it. It looks killer in its race trim and probably would have been worth just as much as it was raced.
© 2024 Moparts Forums