Moparts

70 cuda

Posted By: rowin4

70 cuda - 04/30/10 10:53 PM

I have a 70 Barracuda that the rear window is about flush with the body. This was a race car that I bought with no window trim . Bought the trim but there's noway it'll go on. It looks like there is a 3/8"-1/2" foam spacer between the glass and the body. What should there be?
Posted By: moparmojo

Re: 70 cuda - 05/01/10 01:56 AM

Well if you are describing the peice I think you are, there is a small trim piece about 8" long. It has a small strip of metal and I think a small strip of rubber that affixes to the quarter in the rear window opening. It keeps the window slightly off the body panel. Here is a pic I found of the piece I was thinking of. Don't mind the big paw in the picture...lol

Posted By: rowin4

Re: 70 cuda - 05/01/10 03:14 AM

Maybe I should have asked how the rear window in the 70 barracuda is held in, the clips for the trim are still there. Is it just glued to the body or is there a rubber to hold it in? Thanks for the picture moparmojo but it's nothing like that. Is that the side glass?
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: 70 cuda - 05/01/10 03:44 AM

Glued to the window frame.
Procedure is explained in 70 FSM starting on page 23-143.
Posted By: moparmojo

Re: 70 cuda - 05/01/10 03:53 PM

Sorry, now that I have reread your post, I see I was thinking you were talking about the rear side glass...lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums