Moparts

B/E&A seat belt sets

Posted By: 426runner

B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/28/08 12:25 PM

I'm at the point where I need to get my seat belts sorted out. I have a nice set of blue belts for my '70 blue bench interior however they are a bit fadded and not as bright blue as they should be. The buckles will need painting. Also, the "rubber" protectors for the floor mounted ends have darkened and will need help. I could try the dye thing on the belts, prep and paint the buckles, etc... or I could spring for a B/E&A repro set.

How are these sets? $425 is a pretty penny but at this stage I think I'd be much happier with "NEW" belts. Any feedback?
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/28/08 12:31 PM

I bought blue belts for my wife's '70 Barracuda.

I am very impressed with them. The customer service is 2nd to none as well.
Posted By: Moparnut

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 01:02 PM

I bought a green set and I am also very impressed. Not exact repos and you will have to have the date tag stitched on.
Posted By: m46rat

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 03:53 PM

If you are looking for any kind of accuracy, you may want to think twice about the BEA belts. The chrome ends on all their 70 belts are actually 71 style ends, it is a glaringly obvious oversight on their part. If that doesn't bug you then no worries.
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 04:22 PM

I think B/E&A has really filled an important nich with these excellent seatbelts, but for the sake of the OE crowd, could you post pics of 70 vs. 71 chrome piece m46rat? (or type some descriptive text?) I have lots of 70 stuff around here, but not much from 71.

Tav

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 05:22 PM

Tav: I will do it tonight.
Posted By: RJS

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 07:46 PM

Quote:

If you are looking for any kind of accuracy, you may want to think twice about the BEA belts. The chrome ends on all their 70 belts are actually 71 style ends, it is a glaringly obvious oversight on their part. If that doesn't bug you then no worries.

This is the type of feedback I've been waiting for before buying. Does anyone know about any 1969 inaccuracies?? Form what I've seen or purchased thier interior soft pieces are close but not 100%.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 08:34 PM

I was not aware there was a discrepancy with the chrome ends on the 1970 belts. For what it is worth, the shape appears to match the original ends on the shoulder belt from my wife's 70 Barracuda.

(In our particular case, it does not matter, but I could definitely understand the concern for somebody doing a 'correct' car.)

Attached picture 4583987-Dsc06874-1.jpg

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 08:35 PM

Here's another shot.

...and now that it is mentioned, the # 's on the chrome ends are different.

But as I said above, I'm still plenty happy with them for this particular car.

Attached picture 4583989-Dsc06875.jpg
Posted By: rtmike

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 10:44 PM

I bought the 69 bucket seat set. They look great compared to the crap I had before, but I don't really know if they are close to original or not as my old stuff was mix matched.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/29/08 11:32 PM

Quote:

I bought the 69 bucket seat set. They look great compared to the crap I had before, but I don't really know if they are close to original or not as my old stuff was mix matched.

That's good info so far for 69's, anyone else with first hand experience?
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 01:03 AM

I am doing a 69 A12 car. I want the stuff to be pretty darn close if I go with the repro's. With there desire for accuracy, and quality, I would think they would offer correct stuff for at least the 69, 70, 71's. I didn't get a chance to compare the real vs memorex, but was told they were correct appearing for 68-69. Hopefully they chime in and give us some feedback. The price is good compared to redoing a set.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 01:06 AM

Form what I've seen or purchased thier interior soft pieces are close but not 100%.

please explain.....

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 02:33 AM

Here is the pic. as promised. Left side is 1970 right side is 1971. I believe Mike from B E and A offers a refund if you are not happy. I would bet that close to 100% of you who bought his belts never know this difference to begin with. All I can say is, when you settle for repoduction stuff you should ALWAYS be prepared for a substandard product.

Attached picture 4584840-Seatbeltcomparison001.jpg

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 02:36 AM

Here is another picture with the original webbing.

Attached picture 4584860-Seatbeltcomparison002.jpg
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 02:40 AM

Quote:

Here is the pic. as promised. Left side is 1970 right side is 1971. I believe Mike from B E and A offers a refund if you are not happy. I would bet that close to 100% of you who bought his belts never know this difference to begin with. All I can say is, when you settle for repoduction stuff you should ALWAYS be prepared for a substandard product.

Or you can spend twice as much having Snake-oyl "Restore" yours & you'll have incorrect stitching, possibly incorrect webbing...

I appreciate your knowledge & attention to detail but if you can't relax & enjoy the hobby...

For 99+% I think Mike is offering a great option..

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 02:46 AM

Blues Cuda: The numbers on the chrome ends are IDENTICAL for both 70 and 71 ends. All Pontonier made belts have identical stamped chrome ends: P-535 is the stamping. A lack of correct information inevitably leads one to settle for reproduction parts.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 02:50 AM

Quote:

A lack of correct information inevitably leads one to settle for reproduction parts.

Or a lack of NOS parts in suffcient quantity to supply all the people that own these cars...

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 03:54 AM

Quote:

Blues Cuda: The numbers on the chrome ends are IDENTICAL for both 70 and 71 ends. All Pontonier made belts have identical stamped chrome ends: P-535 is the stamping. A lack of correct information inevitably leads one to settle for reproduction parts.

After looking at your pictures and then the one I took myself today, I can definitely see the difference now.

But will I lose sleep over it? Not a chance.

For giggles, what is the ID of the shoulder belt that I pulled out of my wife's 70 Barracuda?

The stamping on the chrome is "ASE 445685" and it also has "T2 84" in a smaller font.

Attached picture 4585010-SeatBelt1.jpg

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 03:57 AM

Here's a shot of the tag sewn on the belt.

I do not recall the rest of the original belts being in the car when we took possession of it, so all I have are shoulder belts to go by for reference.

Attached picture 4585016-seatbelt2.jpg
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 07/30/08 08:33 AM

Post deleted by HEMICUDA
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 11:34 AM

Thanks for the pics m46rat! Just curious, What about the 72-74 cars, are they the same as the 71, or are there more variations?

Tav
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 11:58 AM

The belts are made for 95% of the market that wants quality and the ability to show their car and look like they have restored original belts. If some knuckle head has the nerve and reaches through your window and flips over your belt to see if all the markings are on the back side of the buckles then stick your size 12 up his behind.

Well said! I'll be buying a set for my 69 RR soon.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 01:58 PM

If anyone has any question plz call me, I’m always ready to talk Mopar.

Respectfully,

Michael C. Ross – Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Mike,

any chance you can post more pictures of the 68-9 belt set compared to the original ends? Not too many shots on the web page. I know you said you were going to post more at some point.

Thanks,

Ed B
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 06:26 PM

I'm happy to be part of the 95% group.
I have a question, do the BEA sets include the rear and shoulder belts or just the fronts? As said, the picture and description doesn't say much.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 07:03 PM

The '70 E-body set I bought included all of the belts.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 09:58 PM

Mike: So what are the differences that make up that 5%? Are all the belt webbing colors used for the same application as per original? Do you use the same buckles for both 69 and 70 seat belts? Why is there a difference bethween the ASE chrome end posted by Blues Cuda and the P-535 end? Thanks for your help.
Dwight

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 10:24 PM

Just got off the phone with Mike...My B body belts are in route...

& I'll be shipping him a part to reproduce that should make a few 68 R/T owners happy....

Attached picture 4586456-medallions.jpg
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 07/30/08 10:55 PM

Post deleted by HEMICUDA

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/30/08 11:00 PM

Quote:

Form what I've seen or purchased thier interior soft pieces are close but not 100%.

please explain.....

I and friends have purchased headrests for bucket seat B-Bodies. What they ended up with was many back and forth with headrests from BE&A until they both got a pair they could live with. Each time for both guy's the return shipping was on them. I had my Buddy pick my set up at Carlisle so they could look them over. What all of us ended up with are 75- 85% correct pieces. The shafts aren't curved where they enter the headrest and the bottom of the headrest is smooth not recessed for the gasket to fit in. Also for some reason they are color keying the bottom gasket not putting black one's on as original. Am I happy to have them? Yes, but since my car is a convertible they are "in your face" so to speak. I will buy the seatbelts once I'm satisfied the 69's look correct and them buy the labels from ECS and have them sewn in. Hope this helps...

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/31/08 09:30 PM

So what happened to this post and why all the deletes from Mike Ross???
Posted By: Butterscotch71

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 07/31/08 09:57 PM

Mike explained to me there were licensing issues that would not allow them to stamp the correct # in the latch. Also, they were not allowed to add the part number/date code tags (but these can be purchased from ECS). I bought a set of the 71 belts and they look great!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 08/01/08 01:19 AM

Quote:

I pointed something out again

Mike
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 08/01/08 01:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

What was pointed out?
Posted By: Chally426

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 08/01/08 02:20 AM

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would bad mouth any of the new repo stuff. I have talked to BE&A, I have checked all there advertising, there web site, so on. I can't find anywhere where it says " Exact reproduction seat belts" If you need exact, then go elsewhere and get it. If you need or want the stuff BE&A sells, call them and order it. THE END!

I for one with allot of other people am still amazed at what has happened in the last few years. ( Think About It)

New Fenders, Quarters, floors, trunks,roofs,hoods and of coarse all the stuff PG classics, BE&A, Tonys parts and others have brought out.

(Two door rear wheel drive stick cars we all cried for.)

I applaud all of you and others that have invested your time and money to bring out these much needed parts.

There is still the market for the polised spit shined original stuff, but there is a market for this stuff also.
Why can't some people just leave it the way it is and just let us ALL in joy are cars.

Quit being so #%&*@ negative!!

It worries me sometimes that a few idiots will somehow discurage some of these companys and we will be back to the way it was 5-10 years ago with nothing.

Maybe one of you negative, bad mouthing companys or people, could pony up some cash and help get the stuff made to your expectations instead of blabing about it all the time.
Posted By: Plymouth273

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 08/01/08 02:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

What, the fact that you are a complete Jerk with horrible customer relations.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 08/01/08 04:06 AM

Mike: Do you use the same BUCKLES(not chrome ends as your now deleted post talked about) for both 69 and 70 belts? Can you address the reason for the differences between the P-535 chrome ends and the ASE chrome end(that blues cuda posted a pic of), why the difference?? Do all the colors of belts that you offer accurately duplicate(NOT exactly, just close) the ones that were available from Chrysler Corp. during the 69-71 time period? I really don't think this stuff is Rocket Science, but I am assuming that you had researched these belts thoroughly before going ahead and reproducing them, after all you stated that they are 95% accuarate(despite overlooking the chrome ends for all this time). Thanks for your help.
Dwight
Posted By: Chally426

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 08/01/08 03:13 PM

Quote:

Mike: Do you use the same BUCKLES(not chrome ends as your now deleted post talked about) for both 69 and 70 belts? Can you address the reason for the differences between the P-535 chrome ends and the ASE chrome end(that blues cuda posted a pic of), why the difference?? Do all the colors of belts that you offer accurately duplicate(NOT exactly, just close) the ones that were available from Chrysler Corp. during the 69-71 time period? I really don't think this stuff is Rocket Science, but I am assuming that you had researched these belts thoroughly before going ahead and reproducing them, after all you stated that they are 95% accuarate(despite overlooking the chrome ends for all this time). Thanks for your help.
Dwight

Again, who gives a crap about the difference between the p-535 and the ASE chrome ends. I'm sure some people do and rightfully so. So those people would not buy these belts. I would buy a set of these belts for all my cars I currently own. If I had a real rare hemi car or something else, I would not. But I wouldn't question why someone made a part that didn't work for my application.
Posted By: ECS

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/01/08 04:10 PM

This is a reoccurring theme that happens over and over in this hobby. Someone tries to make a product that is needed and the controversy starts. I would like to ask those that are down to this “nth degree” of a detail regarding the seat belt tips a few questions. Is every other part of your car correctly date coded? Are the paint finishes exactly like the factory did them? What about correct date coded tires? Were the factory suspensions parts used in the restoration? How about those areas that can’t be seen? Did you do them correctly or skip over them because they can’t be seen? The point I am trying to make here has to do with discriminating attitudes of those who seem to be “detail” conscious in one area but blatantly accept or over look LARGER areas of concern. I had a guy call me last week and was up in arms over battery decal date stampings (Mustang customer) but proceeded to brag about the exhausting efforts he used to powder coat all of his suspension parts!!?!!?!! A three eights inch stamping bothered him but incorrect powder coating all over the vehicle was acceptable! I would imagine that seatbelt buckles tips might be the last thing that some individuals need to worry about. Mike Ross is a class guy who is just as committed and dedicated as anyone I know in this hobby. Does anyone posting here know the cost involved to manufacture every single variation of seatbelt tip that might exist? Let this new product line take hold and you might see another variation make it to production sometime in the future. These belts tips ARE representative of one type of original version. You can’t be in every corner of a room at the same time. When you concentrate on the “North” corner, people in the “East, West and South“ corners will complain. You move to the “South" corner and you immediately exchange your group of critics. I would like to thank Mike Ross for the sacrifice and investment he has made to manufacture and provide this product line. He has made the Mopar Hobby a better place because of his dedicated efforts!
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/01/08 04:18 PM

Quote:

This is a reoccurring theme that happens over and over in this hobby. Someone tries to make a product that is needed and the controversy starts. I would like to ask those that are down to this “nth degree” of a detail regarding the seat belt tips a few questions. Is every other part of your car correctly date coded? Are the paint finishes exactly like the factory did them? What about correct date coded tires? Were the factory suspensions parts used in the restoration? How about those areas that can’t be seen? Did you do them correctly or skip over them because they can’t be seen? The point I am trying to make here has to do with discriminating attitudes of those who seem to be “detail” conscious in one area but blatantly accept or over look LARGER areas of concern. I had a guy call me last week and was up in arms over battery decal date stampings (Mustang customer) but proceeded to brag about the exhausting efforts he used to powder coat all of his suspension parts!!?!!?!! A three eights inch stamping bothered him but incorrect powder coating all over the vehicle was acceptable! I would imagine that seatbelt buckles tips might be the last thing that some individuals need to worry about. Mike Ross is a class guy who is just as committed and dedicated as anyone I know in this hobby. Does anyone posting here know the cost involved to manufacture every single variation of seatbelt tip that might exist? Let this new product line take hold and you might see another variation make it to production sometime in the future. These belts tips ARE representative of one type of original version. You can’t be in every corner of a room at the same time. When you concentrate on the “North” corner, people in the “East, West and South“ corners will complain. You move to the “South" corner and you immediately exchange your group of critics. I would like to thank Mike Ross for the sacrifice and investment he has made to manufacture and provide this product line. He has made the Mopar Hobby a better place because of his dedicated efforts!

Ditto's! Excellent Points and post.
Posted By: rtmike

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/01/08 09:45 PM

Prior to this products availability what options were out there for decent seat belts? Snake-Oyl, for a rebuild if your base parts were ok, and I think that is it other then NOS. Either of those options were twice the money, this is a good product. We need to quit assailing these suppliers that put products out there for us to get these old pigs on the road.

From my stand point thanks to this Mike guy for doing a favor to the Mopar community for providing a quality product at a reasonable price that will meet the needs of the great majority of us.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/02/08 12:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto's! Excellent Points and post.

Amen!!!!

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/02/08 01:32 AM

Where is Mike Ross or BE&A being bashed in this thread??? Members of this board are comparing notes on products that are being sold as the best!

Read what I copied off BE&A site:

B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. is very proud to be the premier and largest single supplier to the Mopar restoration hobby. B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. has a very simple philosophy, produce the absolute best reproduction parts without compromise. B/E & A Restoration's goal is to produce the complex parts. These parts are made with current manufacturing technologies that include: true injected molded plastics and lenses, pot metal castings and metal stamping dies. We control all tool manufacturing, production and part testing for every part manufactured. Our personnel work directly with the tool makers, to insure the quality of prototype parts prior to the manufacturing of a production ~ All parts sold by B/E & A Restoration are made exclusively for B/E & A Restoration. With this philosophy, B/E & A Restoration guarantees quality.
The owners of B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. have been in the MOPAR hobby for over 25 years and have first-hand knowledge of the restoration industry. They have experienced the problems associated with searching for good original parts only to settle for “that will have to do”. Because of our genuine passion for this hobby, B/E & A Restoration parts will be right the first time. The quality of a part represented by B/E & A Restoration will separate itself from all others.

See the part about parts will be right the first time and then reread my post about friend's experiences, heck the headrests I purchased I'm "settling" on and will "have to do" until he/they improve them or the next absolute "part without compromise" comes to market. The two separate times I spoke to Mike at shows about parts and specifically headrests I got non-specific answers to my questions. Maybe they are just bringing too much to the market too soon???

I'm also a bit surprised by your comments Dave W. as one of your customers I have great respect for you and praise for your parts but now I'm down on my own car for having powder-coated supension parts and pulleys, bumper brackets etc...
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/02/08 02:05 AM

Quote:

Where is Mike Ross or BE&A being bashed in this thread??? Members of this board are comparing notes on products that are being sold as the best!

B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. is very proud to be the premier and largest single supplier to the Mopar restoration hobby. B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. has a very simple philosophy, produce the absolute best reproduction parts without compromise. B/E & A Restoration's goal is to produce the complex parts. These parts are made with current manufacturing technologies that include: true injected molded plastics and lenses, pot metal castings and metal stamping dies. We control all tool manufacturing, production and part testing for every part manufactured. Our personnel work directly with the tool makers, to insure the quality of prototype parts prior to the manufacturing of a production ~ All parts sold by B/E & A Restoration are made exclusively for B/E & A Restoration. With this philosophy, B/E & A Restoration guarantees quality.
The owners of B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. have been in the MOPAR hobby for over 25 years and have first-hand knowledge of the restoration industry. They have experienced the problems associated with searching for good original parts only to settle for “that will have to do”. Because of our genuine passion for this hobby, B/E & A Restoration parts will be right the first time. The quality of a part represented by B/E & A Restoration will separate itself from all others.

See the part about parts will be right the first time and then reread my post about friend's experiences, heck the headrests I purchased I'm "settling" on and will "have to do" until he/they improve them or the next absolute "part without compromise" comes to market. The two separate times I spoke to Mike at shows about parts and specifically headrests I got non-specific answers to my questions. Maybe they are just bringing too much to the market too soon???

I'm also a bit surprised by your comments Dave W. as one of your customers I have great respect for you and praise for your parts but now I'm down on my own car for having powder-coated supension parts and pulleys, bumper brackets etc...

Good points

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/02/08 03:08 AM

Quote:

RJS,
I can assure you that my comments had nothing to do with anyones car in particular. I also would NEVER criticize the work or process that someone chose regarding the restoration of THEIR car. (The comment was not in judgment of powder coating parts on a car.) My comments pertained only to those individuals who harp on a small specific area when they hypocritically over look their own "mine field" of incorrectness. I certainly would not complain about your back yard having a paper cup or bag that was laying around if my back yard was so trashed that you couldn't even see two square feet of grass! I was simply calling out those who nit pick the teeny tiny scratch on the quarter panel when the vehicle is full of dents! Why call out the minuscule "incorrect" details when blatant faults in other areas are accepted on a car? Where is the consistency?

PS....The Mustang guy in my comment was all bugged up over the stamping being 100% factory correct. He told me how critical he was in keeping everything just like the factory did things. A few minuets later he started going into the specifics of how he powder coated his car's suspension. If he was so concerned about the factory "perfection" regarding the stamping of his decal, (he said he couldn't be sure if my offering of inspector stamps would be the same as the guy who actually assembled his car) then how could he over look the "non factory" process of powder coating? Sorry but the facts are the facts. The factory did not powder coat their parts.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/02/08 04:09 AM

Quote:

This quote is the reason I asked the questions I did in my previous post. I am assuming(correctly or incorrectly) that if you are going to make a restoration part, that you would have an original one as at least a guide to go by. 25 years experience and a "get it right the first time" mission statement should make this obvious. Mike has emailed me in the past about his many 70 E Bodies. I just figured that if one was going to make a 70 belt that there would be a 70 original belt to go by. There certainly is a lot of information and study required when anyone is attempting to make a correct(50%, 70% or 95%, etc) reproduction part.
I am only asking the questions to get specific answers, not to bad mouth or be-little anyone. I have many 70 and 71 E Bodies and am needing some information for them.

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/02/08 04:55 PM

"This quote is the reason I asked the questions I did in my previous post. I am assuming(correctly or incorrectly) that if you are going to make a restoration part, that you would have an original one as at least a guide to go by. 25 years experience and a "get it right the first time" mission statement should make this obvious. Mike has emailed me in the past about his many 70 E Bodies. I just figured that if one was going to make a 70 belt that there would be a 70 original belt to go by. There certainly is a lot of information and study required when anyone is attempting to make a correct(50%, 70% or 95%, etc) reproduction part.
I am only asking the questions to get specific answers, not to bad mouth or be-little anyone. I have many 70 and 71 E Bodies and am needing some information for them."

M46 has maybe said it better above. I'm not always the best speaker or typer as it may be but all I'm asking for is answers about parts from fellow members or BE&A since they originally chimed in about the seatbelts for our cars. I used real world experiences with them on a seperate part (mind you I had another vendor's headrests in my hand ready to buy last year when Mike told me his would be "just like factory". I have made many relationships in this hobby since the late 70's and can count on one hand maybe two the experiences I'd rather forget. YearOne used to ,(maybe still does I don't shop there anymore) put in their catalogs something to the affect: "fits 70-71 but is only correct for 71" They could have put this is just like factory but didn't. Food for thought. I am just skeptical of a vendor that accepts praise but deletes and or shy's away from specific questions, no more no less.

Dave W. I hear ya but I was kinda just surprised because it came off as mocking the guy. I know my Legendary covers aren't exactly like original, or my grill from Altrim isn't like original (original was worse) etc... Your parts are 100% in my eyes and you spoke to me on the phone many times even asking my opinion once about how would I as a customer feel about such and such.

Bottom line I hope BE&A keeps bringing needed parts to us but be able at the same time to understand that observations of said part will be made and questions will be asked. Ron Sannino

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/03/08 03:42 AM

Quote:

Dave W. I hear ya but I was kinda just surprised because it came off as mocking the guy. I know my Legendary covers aren't exactly like original, or my grill from Altrim isn't like original (original was worse) etc...

Hello Ron!
You and I have talked many times and you know that I am as straight and direct as they come. I think "mocking" (in this instance) is being confused with the word hypocrisy. Let me use your seat example for instance. You admittedly express and accept the fact that your seats are not 100% factory correct. (Actually better.) There is absolutely nothing wrong with that if you are happy with your vehicle and the product you have purchased. With that said, would you praise the quality of your seats and how happy you are with them and in the next sentence criticize another vendor because their (fill in the blank with whatever) was just a slight bit different than the originals? That was my only point! I see a tremendous amount of discrimination and hypocritical critique regarding certain products. One product and it's "incorrectness" is accepted while another is blasted for the same type of incorrectness!!! If someone personally knows a vendor, that vendor gets a free pass on their "incorrect" items. If that vendor is not known or in the fraternity of that particular customer, they are crucified. I don't care who the vendor, person, business, etc... is, I will ALWAYS call things for what they are regardless of who stands in the circle. I hope that my products and services are also scrutinized in the same manner.
Posted By: 72gtx4speed

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 08/03/08 02:26 PM

just my two cents. knowing how all the manufacturers bought from different vendors those belts may be copyed from 70 belts with that end.

Attached picture 4594503-image328[1].jpg
Posted By: 71TA

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 11/15/08 08:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

What, the fact that you are a complete Jerk with horrible customer relations.

Another NASTY post from Bobby. See a trend?
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 11/15/08 09:30 PM

I think the belts look great, glad they have been brought to market. Much better than some of the "restored" ones that I've seen.
If someone doesn't like them, DON'T BUY THEM. Don't ruin the thread for the rest of us.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 11/16/08 12:58 AM

Quote:

Whats the old saying?......there's always a rotten pickle in the jar

Regardless of how perfect a reproduction is, there's always some that will critique the patina, size, shape, color,hue, surface, etc, etc, etc, etc,......and/or praise the virtue of assy. line, NOS, lunch box parts, etc, etc,.....face it, NOS has it's share of assy line rejects,....I'm sure we've all seen some examples over the years, the assy line had it's variations as well, different vendors,.....plus to many variables to control on the assy, line, regarding what part got installed, and if it was so called "CORRECT"......we've put these cars on a pedestal over the years, and have elevated them to a holy status,.......and we now want to hold those who reproduce parts to attain the same imaginary status,....I'm all for a quality product that fits, looks good,.....I hear it to in my product line also (original wingcar QC was horrible), I strive to offer a quality part that fits, looks exactly like the original, and will work with original parts,....but I get the same grief......"there's no part numbers", the metal gauge is thicker, or thinner, etc,etc, the list is endless, I do strive to tell a customer the reason for some slight changes in a part, often to strengthen the part, or ease it's installation, if I made parts that were exact (wingcar stuff), customers would be calling me to complain it looks and fits like crap!( what would/should I say,?...just like "factory" would/did?)....there's a middle road to reproductions, and you'll won't please 100 percent of the people, if you strive to make a 100 percent "correct" product, the cost involed, raises the finished parts cost, to the point, not everone can afford it, or you need to create a multible amont of copies to cover all assy. line varations,....more money,.....Kudos to B,E,A parts/ Mike Ross, and Dave at ECS, and others in the hobby that have strived to offer the best of both worlds,....parts availability and affordability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been in the "hobby" since I was 16 yrs old, thats 30 years ago for me,.....doing a Mopar, any model, meant total dedication, (still dose!)in locating parts,....the last 10 yrs we've seen a dramatic unfolding of parts available by mearly opening a catalog, or webpage

Remember their just machines,....unique machines that we value, yes... but holy grails?... some of us would like to think so?......when they were built, they were just a commodity,...their reverance wasn't held by the majority,...just a minority,......pretty much like today

I know there will still be those who will compare having, let's say "correctly" reproed grease fittings, akin to a kidney transplant receipiants qualificatons! or buying a "Mona Lisa"......that's when you fall back to the "rotten pickle" syndrome

Let the "fun" or enjoyment stay in the "hobby", over analyzing minusha is pointless

Attached picture 4815815-0000a.jpg

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 11/16/08 01:27 AM

Quote:

Let the "fun" or enjoyment stay in the "hobby", over analyzing minusha is pointless

Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 11/16/08 03:11 AM

We are really lucky to have B/E&A reproducing much needed parts at reasonable prices.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 11/16/08 03:22 AM

Quote:

We are really lucky to have B/E&A reproducing much needed parts at reasonable prices.

Hope they make a set for my 71
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 11/16/08 01:49 PM

Quote:

MIKE ROSS is the Man!!!
Posted By: VCODE

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 11/16/08 02:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks to Mike
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets - 11/17/08 10:51 PM

I agree. thanks to those who make it better for us.
Posted By: 70challrtse

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 11/18/08 01:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I think you can have both.
Posted By: 440gtx6

Re: B/E&A seat belt sets *DELETED* - 11/18/08 03:35 AM

It's probably actually a good thing the resto parts look different. How else could we tell them apart from the original parts?

© 2024 Moparts Forums