Moparts

Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish

Posted By: 73ChargerSE

Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish - 02/26/10 09:25 PM

Hey guys,

Completely restoring a Dart Sport in the shop I work at. What is the correct finish for the fuel filler neck? Was painted black, but not sure if someone spray bombed it.

Thanks!
Paul

Attached picture 5831948-2-22-10014.JPG
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish - 02/26/10 11:02 PM

Does the car have the fold down back seat? My Duster has a all original trunk with a black filler neck, was likely factory sprayed to match the carpet that lined the trunk.

Attached picture 5832120-trn3.jpg
Posted By: blk00rt

Re: Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish - 02/26/10 11:40 PM

if its an angle tube to the trunk, my dart filler tube was not painted, just bare metal silver color.
Posted By: 440abody

Re: Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish - 02/27/10 02:39 PM

Fold down rear seat cars were painted black, and all others were left natural galvanized. By the way is that K6 Autumn Brozne Poly, Looks VERY straight! Keep the pictures coming.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish - 02/27/10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Fold down rear seat cars were painted black, and all others were left natural galvanized. By the way is that K6 Autumn Brozne Poly, Looks VERY straight! Keep the pictures coming.

I don't believe it's actually galvanized like fencing or sheet metel. I think it's leaded or something like that. That's so if metal strikes it there won't be a spark. Not a bad idea when you think of it.
Posted By: 73ChargerSE

Re: Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish - 02/27/10 07:30 PM

Quote:

Car was in decent shape when we started the restoration, but the body guys at the shop are truly top notch. I believe that is the color. Car has a parchment interior white top and white stripe. Should be a pretty car when done. I may post it in the restoration section along with a Hemi Cuda in the shop.
Posted By: DartSportDude

Re: Dart Sport Fuel Filler Neck Finish - 03/01/10 02:42 PM

My Dart Sport is fully restored. I've owned it since 1976, and it's about as original (except for tires/wheels) as possible.

Glad to see another Dart Sport getting a decent restoration!
© 2024 Moparts Forums