Moparts

which method do you prefer.

Posted By: johnal

which method do you prefer. - 02/15/10 02:35 AM

first time here on restro page usally hang on unlawfull.which method do you prefer to strip a car to metal.sand blast is not a option.I have been useing DA but have considered cemicals but never tried them before.
Posted By: cudastruction

Re: which method do you prefer. - 02/15/10 02:38 AM

I use chemical stripping. Can't stand the dust and noise that goes with sanding.

Re: which method do you prefer. - 02/15/10 02:53 AM

Quote:

I use chemical stripping. Can't stand the dust and noise that goes with sanding.

Im with on the dust and noise. I would like to give it a shot but never have done it is there any special kind you prefer to use and i guess you just brush it on and wait for it to work and scrap it of.
Posted By: RangerDan440

Re: which method do you prefer. - 02/15/10 03:19 AM

depends on what your desired end result is and what condition the car is in now. If theres several coats of paint on it, then stripping is the way to go. If its just a simple repaint than DA it.

btw theres more to Moparts than just the race forum
Posted By: cudastruction

Re: which method do you prefer. - 02/15/10 03:28 AM

I take my stuff to Redi-strip (http://www.redistripco.com/). I don't do it myself. I am sure there are companies like this all around the country. The parts come out looking amazing (minus all of the revealed rust damage).

Re: which method do you prefer. - 02/15/10 03:59 AM

Quote:

depends on what your desired end result is and what condition the car is in now. If theres several coats of paint on it, then stripping is the way to go. If its just a simple repaint than DA it.

btw theres more to Moparts than just the race forum

Thanks for your advice on the stripping but the comment on more to moparts than race forum i dont get.mopars man''' race restro its all GOOD'''
© 2024 Moparts Forums