Moparts

What do people use for the front rubber brake lines?

Posted By: sg333e

What do people use for the front rubber brake lines? - 02/13/10 11:00 PM

I got a set from Inline Tube and they look well....Chinese. Maybe it's the "Hang Seng" written on it that get's me, LOL. Is this the only option or do people reuse decent originals? I'm assuming NOS is hard to come by these days.

Thanks in advance,

EW
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines? - 02/14/10 12:11 AM

Eric-There is a pair of NOS date coded correct hoses on eBay right now for 185.00 I think.That's about the going rate.Good luck
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines? - 02/14/10 12:25 AM

Check your local parts store, there are still quality replacement rubber hoses avaliable from Bendix, Dorman, etc,...or you could upgrade to braided Stainless Steel lines from various aftermarket manufacturers like Finelines, Right stuff, etc,....InLine tube leaves a lot to be desired in their "repro-placements"
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines? - 02/14/10 01:05 AM

Bob at Finelines (330-335-5000) makes his own in house.
Posted By: moparpoolman

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines? - 02/14/10 03:21 AM

I just bought a set(all three) for a 1970 Coronet on ebay from "BRAKE HOSES" a guy in Argentina. $19.00 for the set and shipping was about $10.00. Not bad for a driver, good price.
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines - 02/14/10 12:47 PM

Quote:

I just bought a set(all three) for a 1970 Coronet on ebay from "BRAKE HOSES" a guy in Argentina. $19.00 for the set and shipping was about $10.00. Not bad for a driver, good price.

I don't think those are DOT approved. You are on your own with those ones! These are your BRAKES we're talking about.
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines - 02/14/10 02:27 PM

I got mine from Rock Auto Parts
Posted By: can.al

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines - 02/14/10 09:29 PM

...the rubber ones i was going to order from Argentina were DOT approved but may have been from a different supplier.
i ended up getting braided stainless and wish i had gotten oem.
i like the original look better.
Posted By: deansrr

Re: What do people use for the front rubber brake lines - 02/17/10 12:58 AM

quite a few local parts stores can make there own if you can't new. take your old ones in they can match them up and sometimes at a good price
© 2024 Moparts Forums