Moparts

1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem

Posted By: hemi68charger

1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/13/10 04:07 PM

Hey ya'll..
I'll be helping a friend soon on the restoration of his '68 LL1 turquoise/silver interior Hemi 4-speed Road Runner. I have a question about the deck lid 'hemi' badge. It appears the non-deluxe package cars got the 'hemi' badge placed on the driver's side in the middle of the deck lid. Car's equipped with the deluxe package trunk finish panel had the 'hemi' badge placed on the upper passenger side right above the finish panel. Is this correct? Anyone with pictures? I searched the net and found some examples, but nothing with a good image..

Thanks..
Troy
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/13/10 04:09 PM

You have it right, non deluxe on the drivers, with delux on the passenger. Tip...don't use a reproduction emblem, all the ones I've seen are garbage!
Posted By: 68jim

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/14/10 02:47 AM

Troy,

I've been out for a bit. Here is a shot of mine.

Jim

Attached picture 5802896-Assembly1r.jpg
Posted By: 68jim

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/14/10 02:50 AM

"nother shot of the back...

Jim

Attached picture 5802905-DCP02764.JPG
Posted By: topside

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/14/10 02:56 AM

Mine is like Jim's (base trim, left side). There was a thread about this some time back, and a few pics posted of Decor Group cars had the Hemi badge on the left above the decor panel, and some on the right. Both were claimed to be their original locations. If you have the car's original trunk lid, the hole locations for the Hemi badge will tell you where that car had it located. Do you have any photos?
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/14/10 03:03 AM

Quote:

Mine is like Jim's (base trim, left side). There was a thread about this some time back, and a few pics posted of Decor Group cars had the Hemi badge on the left above the decor panel, and some on the right. Both were claimed to be their original locations. If you have the car's original trunk lid, the hole locations for the Hemi badge will tell you where that car had it located. Do you have any photos?

2 good points I should have mentioned, first off, even though drivers side for non decor and pass side for decor was the "norm", "never say never", and secondly, look for the holes as a guide.

Posted By: xs29j8

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/14/10 11:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

2 good points I should have mentioned, first off, even though drivers side for non decor and pass side for decor was the "norm", "never say never", and secondly, look for the holes as a guide.

Here are the attaching nut access holes on my 1969...

Attached picture 5804521-HemiRR029.jpg
Posted By: sthemi

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/15/10 03:11 AM

Here is a photo from a previous post

Attached picture 5804983-4e45_1.jpg
Posted By: A12

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/15/10 04:13 AM

'68 Hemi RR non-decor photo 1

Attached picture 5805111-68RRHeminon-decor1.jpg
Posted By: A12

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/15/10 04:16 AM

if you use some measurement off of the tail light you may be able to get a close position for the Hemi emblem.......best I can do, sorry.

MikeR

Attached picture 5805115-68RRSIDESTRIPE1.jpg

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/15/10 02:26 PM

Outstanding replies all... Thanks ever so much.....

Troy
Posted By: silverhemiboy

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/15/10 06:22 PM

My buff silver (AA1) rr hemi with the deluxe tail package has the hemi emblem on the right side. Whats the difference between AA1 silver and LL1 silver? Also it sure is nice to see some other RR Hemis! You certainly don't see any around. Certainly very very few for sale. I think only about 860 were made. I wonder how many are left?

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/15/10 06:57 PM

Quote:

My buff silver (AA1) rr hemi with the deluxe tail package has the hemi emblem on the right side. Whats the difference between AA1 silver and LL1 silver? Also it sure is nice to see some other RR Hemis! You certainly don't see any around. Certainly very very few for sale. I think only about 860 were made. I wonder how many are left?

I should have type it better.. LL1 is the exterior paint code for surf turquoise on a Plymouth, dark turquoise on a Dodge.. His interior is the silver version.

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/16/10 05:14 AM

Sorry my mistake. I read your first post wrong. Best regards.

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/16/10 01:02 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the forum... What interior color does your AA1 1968 Hemi RR have? I have a 1969 Hemi RR which is A4 Platinum Silver with a M6S Pewter (silver) interior.

Allen

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/17/10 12:08 AM

My 68 hemi rr has the H4B interior. That is a high trim grade bench seat in a very neat looking two tone blue. The car is out of the St. Louis plant. Supposedly (as every one says) one of one! Your color combination sounds super. Any pictures? I would post some of mine just for the other Hemi RR owners to see but don't know how. Possibly i could E mail some to someone. I think these RR's are really neat and possibly less production numbers than the E bodies that get all the pub. Nothing wrong with a hemi E body though!

Re: 1968 Hemi Road Runner trunk emblem - 02/17/10 01:12 PM

Quote:

My 68 hemi rr has the H4B interior. That is a high trim grade bench seat in a very neat looking two tone blue. The car is out of the St. Louis plant. Supposedly (as every one says) one of one! Your color combination sounds super. Any pictures? I would post some of mine just for the other Hemi RR owners to see but don't know how. Possibly i could E mail some to someone. I think these RR's are really neat and possibly less production numbers than the E bodies that get all the pub. Nothing wrong with a hemi E body though!

My Hemi RR is awaiting restoration, but here is a link to a thread about it from last year:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...part=1&vc=1

Start a thread about your Hemi RR... To post a picture, select the Review/Attach File box at the bottom of the screen where you type your reply. The review page will have a box to browse your PC for the picture to attach... 700 K size limit.

Or, Email them to me to post: xs29j8@charter.net

Allen
© 2024 Moparts Forums