Moparts

Bucket seat rail fasteners needed

Posted By: DartSportDude

Bucket seat rail fasteners needed - 02/11/10 08:30 PM

I just purchased some "Mopar OE" bucket seat rail fasteners from an Ebay vendor for my '73 Dart Sport. The washer/nuts (5/16x18 threads) were advertised to fit "factory bucket seat equipped Dodge and Plymouth A,E,C or B body vehicles." However, I couldn't get them to screw onto the bolts under the floor pans on my Dart -- apparently they're too small. Does anyone know if there were different threads on these fasteners according to different models/years? I'm trying to find the correct anodized washers/nuts to fit my vehicle.

Thanks
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Bucket seat rail fasteners needed - 02/14/10 03:03 PM

Dave,
That would be me.

I just sent a set to a customer for use on a 71 duster and his fit. This is the 1st I've heard of a larger size stud for the later cars.

feel free to send them back no question
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: Bucket seat rail fasteners needed - 02/14/10 11:15 PM

Are you sure they are the oem studs? You wouldn't be the first guy to find carriage bolts in that spot.
Posted By: Dartcuda

Re: Bucket seat rail fasteners needed - 02/15/10 01:27 AM

My 73 Dart Sport has 5/16 studs on the bucket seats.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Bucket seat rail fasteners needed - 02/15/10 01:50 AM

Sounds like the right nuts & the wrong studs to me.
Posted By: DartSportDude

Re: Bucket seat rail fasteners needed - 02/15/10 08:15 PM

No, I've owned the car since '76, so I'm pretty sure the bolts are original. I know I've never changed them out. This is really weird. Do the bolts only come in one thread configuration? Is there a different bolt for a bench seat car than a bucket seat one (I have buckets)?
© 2024 Moparts Forums