Moparts

restored alternator

Posted By: streaker

restored alternator - 01/30/10 09:33 PM

I wanted to show everyone the alternator that Jim Ridge at Dixie restorations did for my '71 Road Runner.

Attached picture 5770227-alt1.JPG
Posted By: CurYellowBird

Re: restored alternator - 01/30/10 09:34 PM

Glad you posted cause I was just going to ask if anyone knew anyone who could restore my factory alternator for my 71' roadrunner lol.

Looks good. What were the costs and did he do a good job with it?

Re: restored alternator - 01/30/10 09:35 PM

#2 picture

Attached picture 5770229-alt4.JPG

Re: restored alternator - 01/30/10 09:43 PM

Quote:

Looks good. What were the costs and did he do a good job with it?

I was very happy with the quality of his work and extremely pleased with his customer service.
I had this done last year and the price was $250. to restore. His phone number is 803-924-6247.
Posted By: CurYellowBird

Re: restored alternator - 01/30/10 09:51 PM

Whats a good way of telling if I have the origional alternator?

Re: restored alternator - 01/30/10 10:29 PM

If you call Jim he can tell you the correct part number for your car.
Posted By: 4-speed

Re: restored alternator - 01/31/10 11:00 AM

Quote:

I wanted to show everyone the alternator that Jim Ridge at Dixie restorations did for my '71 Road Runner.

that thing looks awesome
Posted By: MMC Detroit

Re: restored alternator - 01/31/10 01:16 PM

JIm Ridge is an asset to the hobby relating to the restoration of alternators and starters. I have seen Jim's operation and his work and it is top notch.
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: restored alternator - 01/31/10 05:31 PM

does anyone know if Dixie sells "new" alternators or if they just restore supplied units?
Posted By: tx9440

Re: restored alternator - 02/01/10 01:07 AM

They do have alternators for sale. I bought one for my 70 Challenger last year at Carlisle. It comes with a cd showing the whole process from begining to end. Beautiful piece.
Posted By: beatgoeson

Re: restored alternator - 02/01/10 01:55 AM

I will add I just got mine back from Jim. Of course the alt looks great but the best part is dealing with Jim , What a class act! He is a true asset to the hobby!
Posted By: mopar4ya

Re: restored alternator - 02/01/10 02:12 AM

Quote:

#2 picture

Streaker, I could be haven a total brain fart, been a long day. But I thought 69 was the last year they used that style of alternator. If not, when was it ? Anyways, it sure looks nice!

Dan
Posted By: 70RT

Re: restored alternator - 02/01/10 01:21 PM

The "roundback" style was used through 71 and then CC switched over to the button style diodes which required a square shaped reat section. Appreciate all of the kind words. We are car guys first and foremost and simply want y'all to be satisfied with the restored piece. I don't like the thought of having to dodge customers at Carlisle or the Mopar Nationals! I owe a lot to Jules D. for providing a business model, Joe Arsenault(BeepBeep)for his tech support during Dixie's start-up and all of our first 6 month customers who took the initial leap of faith.

Re: restored alternator - 02/01/10 10:04 PM

Hi Dan, This alternator part# matches my build sheet and is date coded Aug'70 and my car was built Sept'70. Thanks for the compliment. I woukld recommend Dixie to anyone. Here is another angle.

Attached picture 5774939-alt2.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums