Moparts

70 cuda hockey stick stripes

Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 06:30 AM

What type of black were these originally? Gloss or flat? Or something in between?
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 08:07 AM

actually, weren't there both flat and gloss?

I think most were a matte (flat) finish, but there were also red and white, which I think were glossy.

I can't think of any other colors that were factory for those stripes, but I'm sure that I'm missing some.
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 09:41 AM

I thought they were originally only available in black and were closer to a flat finish?

I've seen lots of white and red hockey stripes, but assumed they were not original issue.
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 12:34 PM

originals are only in black. I think they're matte, but as old as these cars are, it's hard to be certain.

Tav
Posted By: ECS

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 03:23 PM

The reproductions have been around so long that their characteristics are incorrectly being categorized as correct. The original hockey stripes had a semi gloss shine to them. They are not like the electrical tape finish that is currently reproduced.
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 03:27 PM

Correct, the OEM stripes had a semi-gloss finish.

Mike
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 04:29 PM

I put NOS ones on my Cuda and the best way I can describe them is semi-gloss.The (glossy )electrical tape appearence of the "new" ones is the best way of describing them I have heard! Excellent.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 04:50 PM

Ive got rolls of electical tape that range from dead flat to glossy!

Originals were, fact something in between. Depending on your point of reference they could be called Semi flat, matte, satin, or semi gloss.

Certainly the glossiest version of the repops are TOO glossy! But the 'flatter' version looks pretty sharp.
Posted By: satgtx

Re: 70 cuda hockey stick stripes - 07/23/08 05:53 PM

a freind of mine has a set for sale if you are interested, PM ,me if you would like to see them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums