Moparts

Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces?

Posted By: SRT8

Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/20/10 03:44 AM

I'm thinking of adding torque boxes & inner fender braces, I already have MP frame connectors. My car is stripped, so now would be the time. They'd be going on my '70 Charger R/T. What are the +'s/-'s of the two?
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/20/10 04:52 AM

installing them will not hinder performance or stiffening of the chassis,it will only help,you'll feel the difference if you drive your car hard
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/20/10 03:42 PM

I installed all of the above on my Cuda. I really noticed a difference after the torque boxes and sub connectors. I haven't driven it since I installed the inner fender braces, engine bay brace or lower rad. support, but I imagine it will be pretty rigid. I know my body doesn't flex much when I jack the car up anymore. If I jack up a front wheel, the rear wheel on the same side isn't far behind it.

If your car isn't an all out drag car where weight is critical, it can only be a good thing (unless you want a cushy ride, and then you might want to just trade in for a Lincoln Town Car). My car is quieter now and feels more modern and tight. Response is much better when driven hard in the corners too.

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/20/10 03:46 PM

You might think about adding the Hemi pinion snubber plate and Hemi spring reinforcement plates offered by Harms as well. I did all of it to my Bee. Can only be a good thing...

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/20/10 06:01 PM

So far the frame connectors made a diff when jacking the car up.
Does any one sell all 3 items boxes/braces/plates? I like the torque boxes that look like oem.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/20/10 06:09 PM

Nope, you'll need to make two stops, I sell the plates and pinion snubber plate, Restorick sells the most correct Torque Boxes (same ones I used to carry).

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/21/10 04:10 PM

Any difference in inner fender braces(XV/US Car/other?)? Do they hinder any stock components from fitting?
Posted By: Deuces-Wild

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/22/10 12:58 AM

Quote:

Any difference in inner fender braces(XV/US Car/other?)? Do they hinder any stock components from fitting?

I added XV's sub-connectors, lower rad support and the inner fender braces and have not had any problems with fit or interference with other stock components. Everything fit like a glove...

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/22/10 03:16 AM

Quote:

I have the XV versions. They don't affect anything else.

FYI, the US Car Tool lower rad support looks nice (I had one in hand), but the XV version allows you to have a more stealth appearance ( you can weld it in under your stock dimension radiator).
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/22/10 05:02 AM

When I was converting Mike Musto's (Mr Angry) 69 Charger over to a daytona, the XV lower rad apron interfered with my steel repro lower valance, basically just the mounting tabs had to be eliminated and alternates fabricated,....the sidewall braces cleared the 70 Charger fenders and fender braces

Mike

Attached picture 5751822-angrierxv.JPG

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 01/22/10 05:37 AM

Quote:

When I was converting Mike Musto's (Mr Angry) 69 Charger over to a daytona, the XV lower rad apron interfered with my steel repro lower valance, basically just the mounting tabs had to be eliminated and alternates fabricated,....the sidewall braces cleared the 70 Charger fenders and fender braces

Mike

That's a really cool car, who's wing is on that car?
Posted By: Deuces-Wild

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 03/04/10 01:44 AM

Quote:

Mike

Is that the same car featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines article?

Re: Torque Boxes & Inner Fender Braces? - 03/05/10 11:13 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a really cool car, who's wing is on that car?

Well?????
© 2024 Moparts Forums