Moparts

Challenger Front Valance Question

Posted By: polaraholic

Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/22/08 04:46 AM

I bought a rallye grille for my 74 challenger and have a question. There is a plastic piece in the opening on the front valance that is silver. Would it be black on a rallye car? Thanks Steve
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/22/08 05:27 AM

Yes. the grille insert should be black also.

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/22/08 05:41 AM

I figured it was but wanted to make sure. Thanks
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/22/08 05:03 PM

We don't hear much about 74 cars as not many were made. Will you tell us more about your car please?

Tav

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/23/08 08:28 AM

It's a plain jane model. 318 auto AM radio and "no" PB,PS,or air. It did come with factory tinted windows. It is bright red with black buckets carpet and console but has white side panels and headliner. I'm changing the side panels to black for now. I'm also going to put a 440/727 in it. It came from CA so it is amazingly rust free so I'm going to put a nice paintjob on it but not a rotisery (sp) job. I want something to drive a lot and like I stole it. Steve

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/23/08 12:13 PM

I've heard that the metal dash frame in 74 had some slight difference from the 70-73 units. Any idea what that difference might be? no one seems quite sure. When you open the glove box is there a cable that holds it in the open position, or a curved metal bar thing?

Thank you.

Tav
Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/25/08 04:58 AM

Quote:

I've heard that the metal dash frame in 74 had some slight difference from the 70-73 units. Any idea what that difference might be? no one seems quite sure. When you open the glove box is there a cable that holds it in the open position, or a curved metal bar thing?

Thank you.

Tav

I've parted out at least 5 74 E-bodies. I did not notice any difference in the dash metal frames. The glove box door is the same as the 70-73, uses a metal strap.
It is interesting, but around here 74 E-bodies seem to be the most common! Maybe more were exported to Canada?

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/25/08 07:45 AM

I don't know enough about the different years to know if mine is different. Like said above the glove box door does use the curved metal arm for a stop. I haven't been able to resize pics to post on here. I'm on dialup at home so it takes forever to do anything and at work I can only view this site (plus chrysler oriented sites)but no pics in posts only attachments and can't e-mail. Steve

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/25/08 12:38 PM

Many thanks to both of you.

Tav

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/28/08 05:04 PM

Alright, I've got another question about the 1974 automatic console shift E bodies. On the shifter lens where it read PRND21, under neath the "1" is it blank or does it say Slap Stik, or does it say Shift Gate?

Also, round ball shift handle, or T shift handle?

Tav
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/31/08 03:44 AM

Quote:

Alright, I've got another question about the 1974 automatic console shift E bodies. On the shifter lens where it read PRND21, under neath the "1" is it blank or does it say Slap Stik, or does it say Shift Gate?

Tav

On our original '74 Cuda: "T" handle shifter, below the "1" it is blank.

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/31/08 04:23 AM

I keep forgeting to look at the challenger but my shifter handle is a ball. It is well worn so I think it is stock. I'll look at the plate when I get home. I bought the car from CA but it was built in MI. It must have went to CA very early to be as rust free as it is.
Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/31/08 06:10 AM

Quote:

Tav

On at least 3 of my 74 parts cars they had the ball type shifter, same as 70. (The other one was column shift) I can't remember the shifter plate, they were either blank or said "slap stick" I think the "shift gate" lettering was used on some 70's only? Anyone know for sure?

Re: Challenger Front Valance Question - 07/31/08 02:57 PM

Ok I remembered to look. My 74 doesn't have anything under the 1.
© 2024 Moparts Forums