Moparts

Window sticker

Posted By: Anonymous

Window sticker - 03/13/07 03:53 AM

I have an original window sticker from a 69 Road Runner 440 six-pack. I bought the car when I got home from Viet Nam in Mar. '70 in Mitchell S.D. I have kept this thing all these years. The VIN for the car is RM23-M9A-246416. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. It would be nice to find the current owner, but how would you go about it? If some of you would like to see it I could scan it and send it to you. But I have to start somewhere and you guys are it. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks or steer me in some direction. How is this?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:03 AM

please scan it

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:05 AM

it does not appear to be in the registry .
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:58 AM

LQQKs like an early 329 (scheduled build) car.
Was it a new car when you purchased it in March '70?
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 11:41 AM

Maybe someone can do a VIN search to see if the car still is registered. Hopefully we can match the sheet to the car.
That would be great if you could scan it and post it for us.

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 11:55 AM

Welcome Home!! Nam 67-68. Nice of you to try to reunite paperwork with car.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 01:09 PM

What's the $45 added to the total price on the sheet mean? The handwritten part..

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 01:11 PM

No I was the second owner. But it only had 1300 miles on it. A collage kid had it first and drove it hard.He would run it at about 90 down the road all the time. With the 4:10 rear end gears the motor didn't last long. I got it it was on it's third engine. I was too young too take care of it. The tune-ups were killing me. But thanks for all the help already. And thanks for the "Welcome Home". Thats the first time I've had someone say that to me. '69-'70.
Posted By: badsixpack

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 01:38 PM

Well I'm saying it to you too. "welcome home"
Posted By: Fasbird

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 02:24 PM

Welcome home and THANK YOU for your service. I appreciate it.
Posted By: 5126brl No more

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 02:50 PM

What color was the car?
And A BIG THANK YOU for your service
Posted By: RapidRunner

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 03:01 PM

Is the C21 the "buddy seat"?

If so it's the first one i have seen with the buckets and center arm rest

MikeE

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 03:14 PM

I couldn't recall the color until I saw FASBIRD pic's of his car. Mine was Bahama Yellow also. I don't know what the $45.00 was for on the bottom of the sticker. Beer maybe? And I can't remember if it had a arm rest or not.
Posted By: 5126brl No more

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 03:16 PM

My car is sunfire yellow.

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 03:56 PM

Quote:

I couldn't recall the color until I saw FASBIRD pic's of his car. Mine was Bahama Yellow also. I don't know what the $45.00 was for on the bottom of the sticker. Beer maybe? And I can't remember if it had a arm rest or not.

thats alot of beer in 1969 ...

also thats an interestingly optioned car for the first production date run ...

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thats alot of beer in 1969 ...

also thats an interestingly optioned car for the first production date run ...

I thought the same thing. I think the person at HQ that was filling out the order form was having a little fun
Posted By: B_Body_Bob

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:12 PM

Quote:

I think the person at HQ that was filling out the order form was having a little fun

That's a SOLD CAR, doesn't that mean it was ordered and prepaid by a customer?
Posted By: A12

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think the person at HQ that was filling out the order form was having a little fun

That's a SOLD CAR, doesn't that mean it was ordered and prepaid by a customer?

Or ordered by a dealer that way. I think the cars are "SOLD" to the dealer, but of course that was usually with deposit by a "potential" customer. If the customer changed their mind while the car was being built it was still a "SOLD" car to the dealer. I think that's the way it still is today, dealers still order and spec out cars for their lot or display floor with special options knowing they have a few buyers that might like them in a certain color or style. SOLD CAR means a dealer ordered it that way but still has to close the deal when they got it at the dealership.

MikeR

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:34 PM

Its great to see you trying to get this window sticker to the owner of your old car if it is still around.

For being such an early car, 44th of the line, it certainly did come with quite a few options. You may already know this, but the first 300 Runners were all 4 speed cars.

Good luck and I hope you find a home for this nice paperwork.

Posted By: dstryr

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:36 PM

My dad's auto bee is almost identical, but no broadcast sheet to tell if had undercoating, etc. Cool to see.

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:43 PM

The $45 probably covered the car's first set of aluminum slots, or the second pair of rear tires.
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:46 PM

With that many options, it probably had a good sized deposit. It was more expensive than most Hemi RR's. Light package, buckets, center seat and 6 way adjuster, tach (waste of money), tint all around, AM/8 track with rear speaker (cool), undercoated, P/S and Sport steering wheel with the A12 and hardtop options makes 13 extra options that were ordered! (the other options were required with the A12 option). Most Road Runners were bare bones because the young guys who were interested couldn't afford them let alone the insurance! That has to be way up there as one of the highest optioned multi-carbureated Road Runners in 1969.

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 04:54 PM

Quote:

What would have been a ballpark for sales tax or title and license plate(s) back then?

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 05:24 PM

Funny how the A12 Package is listed at a cost of $462.80 but requires an additional $73.00 worth of items in order for it to fit or work. Could you even order a Dana 4.10 without SureGrip? You couldn't fit the big air cleaner base and big cover in the engine compartment with a 2-speed wiper motor. "Cooling Package Less Fan" $10.80 on one line and "Fan-Torque Drive" $14.45 on the next $73.00 was a lot of money back in '69 ("don't ask me how I know )

A12 Package $535.80, but who's complaing, not me

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 05:40 PM

I thought it strange to have the SOLD CAR item as to me from the order for the first 300 runners any runner with a order number of 949001 to 949300 was not dealer ordered

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 06:10 PM

Quote:

I thought it strange to have the SOLD CAR item as to me from the order for the first 300 runners any runner with a order number of 949001 to 949300 was not dealer ordered

Well they were probably listed as SOLD CAR because they were part of a "Group Release" covered by "Special Car Inquires" for 1000 initial units. Six hundred were to be manual transmission and four hundred were to be automatics and were to be evenly devided between Road Runner and Super Bee.

So when Product Planning and Fleet Engineering set out to do the A12 project they had to get the cars either from "Sales Bank" or order the units, which would immediately be internally noted as "SOLD CAR" on the broadcast sheet/production plan......................not buying it eh?

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 06:46 PM

My Bee was a SOLD car, but was on the showroom floor when I "FOUND" it. $3870.10.
Posted By: sandbagger

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 06:48 PM

Quote:

No I was the second owner. But it only had 1300 miles on it. A collage kid had it first and drove it hard.He would run it at about 90 down the road all the time. With the 4:10 rear end gears the motor didn't last long. I got it it was on it's third engine. I was too young too take care of it. The tune-ups were killing me. But thanks for all the help already. And thanks for the "Welcome Home". Thats the first time I've had someone say that to me. '69-'70.

1 year old and the third engine was a common story for these cars.
Did you not have any desire to buy another 6pak car and what did you buy after the RR?

Hats off to you for serving overseas!
Did you return knowing you wanted a muscle car and were they trying to advertise muscle cars to you guys while overseas?

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 07:02 PM

So the 0314 on the bottom.....
Was it ever confirmed/agreed upon as a completion, shipping, delivery, window sticker print or other date?

Does anyone else have a 329 window sticker?

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 10:40 PM

Here is a short story that might shed a little light on SOLD CARS. My neighbour, Tony Smith bought 949003 (Dave W. car) from his brother in laws dealership in Vancouver in the spring of 1969. Johnston Motors was probably the biggest Mopar performance dealer in Western Canada at the time. They housed all of the Hemi, Six Pack, 440 and 340 cars in a separate building and all these cars came under the direction of a fellow named John Bowden. John ordered all the high performance cars for Johnston Motors and also was sponsored by the dealer ship to race Hemi cars and Six Pack cars. Anyways, 949003 was ordered by John Bowden for the dealership and it is unclear as to whether is was going to be raced or just show it off on the showroom floor. Tony spotted the car coming off the transporter and bought the car before John Bowden could get his hands on it. I'm sure that caused some grief later on. The bottom line was that the 3rd Runner built was ordered by the dealership for whatever reason. I'm sure many cars just showed up at many dealerships with the owners not really knowing what these A12 cars were. I also know that Johnston Motors sold at least 2 Hemi Cuda convertibles and that is saying something for the total number sold.

Re: Window sticker - 03/13/07 10:41 PM

I knew that I wanted a muscle car, but I thought that it had to be a Chevy. I had read about the Six Pack, but never considered one, UNTIL I SAW the Q5 sitting on the showroom floor, hood on the roof, aircleaner on the hood, and 3 deuces sitting on top of a highrise intake with a 440!!! Dang, I HAD to have the car. I couldn't look at anymore cars. I bought it on the spot and didn't even try to talk them down. I still have the paperwork where I traded my Chevy in on it.

Re: Window sticker - 03/14/07 12:03 AM

Quote:

Here is a short story that might shed a little light on SOLD CARS. My neighbour, Tony Smith bought 949003 (Dave W. car) from his brother in laws dealership in Vancouver in the spring of 1969. Johnston Motors was probably the biggest Mopar performance dealer in Western Canada at the time. They housed all of the Hemi, Six Pack, 440 and 340 cars in a separate building and all these cars came under the direction of a fellow named John Bowden. John ordered all the high performance cars for Johnston Motors and also was sponsored by the dealer ship to race Hemi cars and Six Pack cars. Anyways, 949003 was ordered by John Bowden for the dealership and it is unclear as to whether is was going to be raced or just show it off on the showroom floor. Tony spotted the car coming off the transporter and bought the car before John Bowden could get his hands on it. I'm sure that caused some grief later on. The bottom line was that the 3rd Runner built was ordered by the dealership for whatever reason. I'm sure many cars just showed up at many dealerships with the owners not really knowing what these A12 cars were. I also know that Johnston Motors sold at least 2 Hemi Cuda convertibles and that is saying something for the total number sold.

Harry, thanks for the information on my car, I didn't know all of the story about John ordering all the cars for Johnston Motors.

Dave

Attached picture 3362644-RoadRunner206.JPG
Posted By: SixBBL69Boy

Re: Window sticker - 03/14/07 01:01 AM

Strange that it is before the sched 329 build date (part of the upper right hand number) But would make since to a point, because I have related it to the date of the "advance dealer shipping notice". They may have been processing the first order prior to build, to get the dealer to pay up front then fell behind on producing the rest once the production slowed due to available parts. Just a thought...
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: Window sticker - 03/14/07 01:43 AM

The window sticker on my former black A12 had an 0423 A54, on the bottom block left of the total. It was a 4 26 EAD and about a 5 11 delivery to S.J. Reynolds, Inc., Poughkeepsie, NY. Maybe it had something to do with the actual scheduled start of production so that the dealer could then be able to predict or track the delivery date? I wonder what the A54 means (A58 in the case of the above example)? The repro window stickers don't try to duplicate any of those numbers as far as I know? My A4 has an EAD of 6 3 and the Bill of Sale is dated 6 17, exactly 2 weeks.

Re: Window sticker - 03/14/07 04:29 AM

Dave, Tony has lots of great stories that I'm sure he would share with you. He still has some old pictures of your car back in the day.

You are one of the few that still has that Johnston Motors emblem on their car and with those '69 B.C. license plates, brings back a lot of great memories.

Posted By: sandbagger

Re: Window sticker - 03/14/07 03:04 PM

Quote:

I knew that I wanted a muscle car, but I thought that it had to be a Chevy. I had read about the Six Pack, but never considered one, UNTIL I SAW the Q5 sitting on the showroom floor, hood on the roof, aircleaner on the hood, and 3 deuces sitting on top of a highrise intake with a 440!!! Dang, I HAD to have the car. I couldn't look at anymore cars. I bought it on the spot and didn't even try to talk them down. I still have the paperwork where I traded my Chevy in on it.

PJ great story!
I was all of 6 in 1969 and living overseas(Ramstien AFB) with my dad being in the military(20years) I saw quite a few guys return from Nam who could no longer drive there 4 speed cars due to serious injury. One guy in particular said his muscle car was all that got him through the whole experience.

Buying an A12 off the showroom floor.......It's good to be KING for a day!

Re: Window sticker - 03/16/07 11:32 AM

Just to give you guys an update, one of you has given me a name and address of a fella and I sent him a letter and a copy of this sticker. If he gets back to me I'll let you know. You guys have been a big help and I'm amazed at how some of you have stepped up and helped me with this. And I also learned a lot more about what options the car had. I didn't know what treasure I actually had. All I knew was I had the fastest car in Mitchell SD for a year. It was quick. I beat all the other guys for a while. But once again Thanks for your help. will keep you posted........

Update: Window sticker - 08/14/09 01:38 PM

Update: the window sticker has now been reunited with the car.
The new owner of the car lives 75 miles from Ron (LQQK).
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Update: Window sticker - 08/14/09 02:32 PM

Thats really cool!

is the car owner a member here? How does the car match up with the sticker?

Re: Update: Window sticker - 08/14/09 02:47 PM

Yes, the car owner is a member here but doesn't post a lot. The car itself was basically a rolling shell but all the body numbers and fender tag are present. The former owner (LQQK) went to see the car a week or two ago and handed the window sticker to the new owner.
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: Update: Window sticker - 08/14/09 11:19 PM

Great ending. Must be a satisfying feeling for both of them. I'd probably fall over and croak if someone found the window sticker for my pink Charger. The seller claimed to have it but couldn't produce it when I picked up the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums