Moparts

70 challenger side mirror location?

Posted By: Silver70

70 challenger side mirror location? - 07/21/08 11:30 PM

Can someone give me measurements to where the sport style side mirrors are on a 70 challenger? The ds had the holes welded in years ago and ps had some aftermarket one on it. So need some help so I know where to mount and drill for them. Thanks
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: 70 challenger side mirror location? - 07/22/08 05:07 PM

Some Challenger stripes have cutouts for the side mirrors. If your car has these type of stripes, you may want to keep that in mind.

Tav
Posted By: Classof70Chally

Re: 70 challenger side mirror location? - 07/22/08 11:46 PM

OK, here goes. These numbers are from my car and not a manual. The drivers side mirror has the leading screw 17.5" from the front edge of the door in a straight, level line. The passenger side leading screw is 16.0" from the front edge of it's door. All screws on both sides appear to be about 1.25 " below the first 'body break' line which is about one inch outboard of the window channel. Hope this helps. If you are drilling new holes use some good painters masking tape over the paint. Measure about 16 times and only drill once. . Deep breathing helps also!
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: 70 challenger side mirror location? - 07/23/08 12:06 PM

Thanks so much for posting those measurements! I just have one question. Your car originally came with those mirrors and those measurements are where the factory put them right?

Tav

PS Great Car!
Posted By: pettyblue440

Re: 70 challenger side mirror location? - 07/23/08 12:25 PM

I'm pretty sure barry washington had the diagram on his site, but it may be one of the ones that dodge wanted him to take down.
Posted By: Classof70Chally

Re: 70 challenger side mirror location? - 07/23/08 08:09 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much for posting those measurements! I just have one question. Your car originally came with those mirrors and those measurements are where the factory put them right?

Tav

PS Great Car!

As far as I no, yes. Would I bet my life on it? , no. If you are wanting an exact location (as I would) I would wait to hear from someone who has a diagram or a for sure original car.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: 70 challenger side mirror location? - 07/24/08 09:19 PM

Thanks! I wish I would have done it before paint... but didn't have them at the time.
© 2024 Moparts Forums