Moparts

Z Bar Adjustment?

Posted By: sg333e

Z Bar Adjustment? - 11/29/09 04:55 PM

Hey guys,

Installing the Z Bar on my 70 Ebody today. When put in according to the manual, it seems like it is biased towards the center of the car. The arm that hangs down that would activate the clutch pivot arm is actually bound up by the bellhousing, allowing maybe 3" of travel total.

Is there something I can do to adjust this? I measured the Z bar and it is 9 1/8" long, if that helps. I guess I'm wondering if I have the correct one?

Thanks,

EW
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Z Bar Adjustment? - 11/29/09 07:23 PM

In 70 there were different tab positions on the Z-bar.. Maybe other years as well..

In my 70 RR I had a similar problem went to the local Mopar guru and he pulled out 3 Z-bars all were the same width but with different tab positions.

You mite check out www.brewersperformance.com

They had pictures of each..

Just my $0.01...
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Z Bar Adjustment? - 11/30/09 01:00 AM

From Brewer's website.

Attached picture 5635093-MoparClutchTorqueShafts.jpg
Posted By: cuda-sweden

Re: Z Bar Adjustment? - 11/30/09 05:46 PM

hej ,do you have a big block or small block.and what bellhousing do you use.ive got a -70 big block with 11" bellhousing i could meassure it but no point if youve got small block or 1o,5"bellhousing,i guess.

Re: Z Bar Adjustment? - 12/01/09 03:32 AM

I have a big block, 11" BH I believe although I've never really checked. My Z bar looks like the second one up from the bottom shown above.

Thanks again, for any ideas.
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Z Bar Adjustment? - 12/01/09 04:43 AM

Is your bellhousing aluminum or cast iron?

Re: Z Bar Adjustment? - 12/02/09 12:32 AM

Aluminum, definitely.
Posted By: cuda-sweden

Re: Z Bar Adjustment? - 12/02/09 12:32 PM

did you get the snap ring installed correctly,in the groove of the framerail side bushings.maybe the snap ring thing missed the grooves and is positioned on the inside of the bushings
© 2024 Moparts Forums