Posted By: Joshs68

makes you wonder - 11/12/09 02:48 AM

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/sto...ments_Container
Posted By: cornet684me

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 04:58 AM

wow! it does make you think
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 05:08 AM

As that link was it this thread... This ought to make you think too..

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post5596207
Posted By: A12

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 05:32 AM

I don't get all of the hoopla over the fender tag....nobody changed the VIN or the body stampings and do we know the fender tag was even changed or just a new one made? As stated making a fender tag is not illegal now making or changing the VIN
I wonder if the current owner is going to have a new fender tag made.....by Galen of course
(this should get things really rolling here now....I'm )
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 05:41 AM

look where I live...
Posted By: 69RTSE

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 05:55 AM

I'm a little confused...did he buy the car back, or was it awarded to him? The FBI agent said:
Quote:

"I'm not sure we could ever determine that due to the amount of time that has passed and the number of people who have possessed the car," Keene said, adding that the statute of limitations has expired for the original theft. "Our investigation is pretty much over at this point."

...or does that just mean they won't prosecute anyone for the theft???
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 05:58 AM

Quote:

...or does that just mean they won't prosecute anyone for the theft???

Not prosecutable...
Posted By: FC7AARcuda

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 12:25 PM

Hopefully Galen waived his $75/Hr fee for the FBI
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 12:53 PM

It's implied that Galen or the last owner should have known it was stolen and were covering it up. Obviously when he found out, the last owner did not want to loose $45K. That was bad luck but how could you trace a car's history to see if it was stolen before you buy it? Wonder why they can't trace it back to the original car thief?
Posted By: Iceman01

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 05:19 PM

Whenever there is big money at stake, there are bound to be unsavory individuals seeking to illegally profit. It should come as no surprise they exist in our circles too.

Here's the real question no one has asked yet:

"If Galen is so reputable, then what documentation did he use to make the new fender tag?" I thought he always demanded to see either the old tag or BS...

But I guess we are not supposed to ask that question, after all, the author repeatedly reassures us that Galen is completely reputable and 2nd only to God in the honesty department.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 06:53 PM

My question would be ,if the car transfered ownership as many times as stated with the original vin,where would the title have oeriginated? The numbers should have been is some state's DMV data base regardless,it shouldn't have been too hard to locate.As far as the fender tag,that would be a moot point.
Posted By: pacifica

Re: makes you wonder - 11/12/09 07:15 PM

A great story to read/extremely interesting. I'm glad the car made it back to where it should be

Now let the begin!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums