Moparts

Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information

Posted By: Scatransit

Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/07/06 01:24 AM

I would like to learn more about the Mr. Six Pack camshaft...How is it different from an original A12 cam? Does it take a special valvetrain? How can I get one? Thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/07/06 01:46 AM

I bought one from him for my Beeper.Works deadly.No mods needed.He has them in one or three bolts styles.Top secret specs,but it works!

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/07/06 02:41 AM

Thanks, How do I get one???
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/07/06 03:31 AM

mr6pk@hotmail.com
248-477-7776 days
248-489-4076 eves
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/07/06 03:32 AM

Call Bob of course 248 477 7776
Posted By: supserdave

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/15/06 08:59 PM

Whats the going rate?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/15/06 09:46 PM

Quote:

Whats the going rate?

Twice what you would pay for any other cam!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/15/06 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Whats the going rate?

Twice what you would pay for any other cam!

not really , a custom ground comp flat tappet runs about 2 bills

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/16/06 03:21 AM

Should be around $225, which I THINK, includes shipping. Call Bob and he will let you know. Not bad for all of the track time etc. that has went into this cam. I have one in my Superbird and one is going in my A12, which I have on the shelf. If someone else has a stock cam and is running quicker than Bob in PSMCD , chime right in here.
Posted By: sandbagger

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/16/06 01:54 PM

I was amazed when talking with Bob about how quick a stock A12 with his camshaft can run. Sub 13 second passes........I would say how sub 13 but don't want to misquote him.
Posted By: Hillbilly_Kidd

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/16/06 05:14 PM

I think my quote under the picture of my car somes up the performance of Bobs cam. My motor is the original stock balanced and blueprinted non ported 906 heads with his cam. The only mod is the compretion which is just under 11.0. But it idles like a six clynder and is so quite with the mufflers that I use that you can barely here it running. The car runs high 12's on a good pass with a 4.10 and a 4 speed. Last fall I was running my car at the local track, and after several runs of beating these big tire, huge cam loud teenage cars I took the hood off to show some people . And this one guy put a beer can on the air cleaner when it was running and said" Man that thing idles like the station wagon my grandma used to drive." So in a nutshell if you want a stock performing cam that works best with a stock motor I don't think their is a better choice anywhere.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/16/06 05:25 PM

Quote:

I was amazed when talking with Bob about how quick a stock A12 with his camshaft can run. Sub 13 second passes........I would say how sub 13 but don't want to misquote him.

Your car's run 13.0's @ 112MPH with the exhaust open on a non-prepped track....without any tuning....The muffs on the car now are the ones TTI sells with their headpipes and they suck.........it could really use some UltraFlo's....... Muffs slow that car down 6MPH!!! On a prepped track through those muffs it went 13.0's @ 106MPH.........

I'd bet that with UltraFlo's and on a prepped track, it'll go easy 12.50's, and that motor's pretty stock.......It's got J&E flat tops and the heads have been gasket matched.........That's it......

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/16/06 10:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Your car's run 13.0's @ 112MPH with the exhaust open on a non-prepped track....without any tuning....The muffs on the car now are the ones TTI sells with their headpipes and they suck.........it could really use some UltraFlo's....... Muffs slow that car down 6MPH!!! On a prepped track through those muffs it went 13.0's @ 106MPH.........

I'd bet that with UltraFlo's and on a prepped track, it'll go easy 12.50's, and that motor's pretty stock.......It's got J&E flat tops and the heads have been gasket matched.........That's it......

Wayne those mufflers are long gone!
I'm not changing anything on my motor and am very pleased with the performance and your guys did a great job on there cam selection.
Bob's camshaft in a stock A12 can run mid to high 12's.......very impressive in my opinion.
It's a riot to go to the track and see the A12 guys knockin'em dead and look good doing it.
Posted By: greenmcode

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/16/06 10:32 PM

Chris
Can't wait to see it in person, will it be at the nats or maybe martin? If so then we can have some side by side fun..

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/16/06 11:59 PM

Quote:

Chris
Can't wait to see it in person, will it be at the nats or maybe martin? If so then we can have some side by side fun..

Scott it will definetly be at the Nats this summer so yes we will. Maybe we can let it rip on the way to Heath again......this time we know where the corners are.

No Johnnycakes porta potties.
How about you Scott, camshaft on the docket?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/17/06 06:15 PM

Hey Hillbilly Kid,
Not to hijack my own thread, but any advice on how to launch a 4 speed (technique, type of clutch, etc.) and still get those awesome timeslips? A Mr. Sixpack cam is going in my car this spring. Thanks!
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/18/06 02:31 AM

I too am going to try one of Bob's cams after I see what this engine is capable of. The current engine was built in '87 using a re-ringed, bearing'd stock New Yorker 440. The cam is a Direct Connection Purple Shaft 284/284 and Tom Cannon tuned carbs Car has run a best of 12.955@105.94

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/19/06 04:13 PM

no problem email me at kiddsixpack@msn.com and I will try to help you. anyone running a car with an extra brake pedal is a friend of mine.
Posted By: AZ-Nick

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/19/06 04:30 PM

Quote:

Hey Hillbilly Kid,
Not to hijack my own thread, but any advice on how to launch a 4 speed (technique, type of clutch, etc.) and still get those awesome timeslips? A Mr. Sixpack cam is going in my car this spring. Thanks!

Incase you are going to buy a 4sp cam from Bob, I have a new one that I bought from him still in the box that I am willing to sell. It is for adjustable valve train.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/19/06 09:38 PM

Quote:

Incase you are going to buy a 4sp cam from Bob, I have a new one that I bought from him still in the box that I am willing to sell. It is for adjustable valve train.

What's the difference between a "4sp" cam and an "auto" cam? And, by adjustable valve train, are you saying your "4sp" cam is a solid, instead of the factory-type hydraulic cam?
Posted By: AZ-Nick

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/19/06 11:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What's the difference between a "4sp" cam and an "auto" cam? And, by adjustable valve train, are you saying your "4sp" cam is a solid, instead of the factory-type hydraulic cam?

yes it is a solid cam.
you ask what it the difference, heck if I know, i told him what I had and he said I will grind you up a cam for a 4sp and solid lifters.... You know how bob is, secretive nice guy but, when it comes to his cams, you cant get any info from him.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 02:01 AM

Quote:

You know how bob is, secretive nice guy but, when it comes to his cams, you cant get any info from him.

What a joke!!! That's his way of saying that he doesn't think his customers are smart enough to use a degree wheel and dial indicator to figure out what the cam specs are...........Gimme a break........
Posted By: Beeware

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 11:37 AM

Wayne/Big Squeeze

You couldnt be more wrong!!! Bob K is one of the finest people I have ever met! He would NEVER disrespect anybody customers or not. IMHO I dont think there are many people that have done as much for us Big Block mopar people as Bob has! Ever read a Direct Connection/Mopar Performance engine manuel way back in the late 70's /80's?(Sorry Bob not poking at your age) Guess who did much of the testing on the Mopar camshafts, that would be Bob, have you read any of the 13second/12/second/11 second packages in the DC manuels? Guess who did the testing? Thats right that would be Bob. I know we've talked at a Fast/purestock race before so you have been there how many of the guys do you think hes helped there? Most of the Mopar people in both Fast and Purestock either with suspention or engine sugestions when asked! Do you know how many Tune-ups, carb adjustments/rebuilds, timming adjustments hes done at the race setting aside his own car to help somebody else? More than I can count! Do you know how many people hes walked throught a carb rebuild or dist recurve, or even degreeing a camshaft on the phone???? More than I can count! Do you know how many housecalls hes made in the Detroit area helping somebody whos having an issue with a Mopar? More than you would believe!

Wayne, when somebody purchases a cam from Bob he gives suggestions on where he thinks cam should be installed (degreeing), lifter preload amount, timming sugestions, dist recurving and rate of advance. and even jetting sugestions, does comp cams, engle, crane,crower, or any of the other cam manufactures go this far? Can you blame him for not wanting to publish his specks on the net so guys can try to duplacate his cam for 39.95 and just remember this cam has been installed and track tested from 10deg advanced to 10 deg retarded and with numerious diffrent timming curves. Remember, Track tested, not just a suggestion or guess that came off desktop dyno or engine analsys program, its not a guess,cold hard numbers and ET slips, not B.S or I think I can come up with a good guess!

Most of if not all of the 12 second 440's running in purestock are running Bobs cam many are on this board, that speaks VOLUMES!!!

When you make a comment like the one above you should know the man first!!!

..........Paul M Petcou

Spellings a mess sorry, oh yes I'm the guy that was walked through a cam degreeing over the phone once upon a time,and yes he taught me the specks through the degree wheel and dial indacator!Thanks Bob
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 01:32 PM

Quote:

Wayne/Big Squeeze

You couldnt be more wrong!!! Bob K is one of the finest people I have ever met! He would NEVER disrespect anybody customers or not. IMHO I dont think there are many people that have done as much for us Big Block mopar people as Bob has! Ever read a Direct Connection/Mopar Performance engine manuel way back in the late 70's /80's?(Sorry Bob not poking at your age) Guess who did much of the testing on the Mopar camshafts, that would be Bob, have you read any of the 13second/12/second/11 second packages in the DC manuels? Guess who did the testing? Thats right that would be Bob. I know we've talked at a Fast/purestock race before so you have been there how many of the guys do you think hes helped there? Most of the Mopar people in both Fast and Purestock either with suspention or engine sugestions when asked! Do you know how many Tune-ups, carb adjustments/rebuilds, timming adjustments hes done at the race setting aside his own car to help somebody else? More than I can count! Do you know how many people hes walked throught a carb rebuild or dist recurve, or even degreeing a camshaft on the phone???? More than I can count! Do you know how many housecalls hes made in the Detroit area helping somebody whos having an issue with a Mopar? More than you would believe!

Wayne, when somebody purchases a cam from Bob he gives suggestions on where he thinks cam should be installed (degreeing), lifter preload amount, timming sugestions, dist recurving and rate of advance. and even jetting sugestions, does comp cams, engle, crane,crower, or any of the other cam manufactures go this far? Can you blame him for not wanting to publish his specks on the net so guys can try to duplacate his cam for 39.95 and just remember this cam has been installed and track tested from 10deg advanced to 10 deg retarded and with numerious diffrent timming curves. Remember, Track tested, not just a suggestion or guess that came off desktop dyno or engine analsys program, its not a guess,cold hard numbers and ET slips, not B.S or I think I can come up with a good guess!

Most of if not all of the 12 second 440's running in purestock are running Bobs cam many are on this board, that speaks VOLUMES!!!

..........Paul M Petcou

Spellings a mess sorry, oh yes I'm the guy that was walked through a cam degreeing over the phone once upon a time,and yes he taught me the specks through the degree wheel and dial indacator!Thanks Bob

Paul

You are so correct, the guy is an asset to the hobby and a genuine nice guy. Having the opportunity to meet Bob in person, after numerous friendly phone conversations in the past, you are correct he honestly wants to help people with their projects and does so without attitude.

Mike

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 01:41 PM

Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 02:43 PM

I knew that one was coming. Bob K's a great guy and he's definately payed his dues.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 03:54 PM

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 06:08 PM

That's cool......I never said that he's a bad guy........ ......and I never said that is was a bad design........It's just EXTREMELY silly to me that he would sell a cam and not give the specs......... It's a stock lift cam with the duration changed a little......Big deal......

The point is that with a degree wheel and a dial indicator, anyone can figure it out........so why make such a big deal out of it? It's not VOODOO.....It gives the impression that he's arrogant.........and for that reason, I wouldn't walk across the street to pee on one

It's funny that you mention that the "Pure Stockers" run his cam.... The fact is, there is absolutely no reason to run his cam unless you're trying to slip by Pure Stock tech....There are much better grinds out there that will make more power and idle just as smooth.....

Hey Tommy........It's nice to see that you're replying to something I post.......

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 06:42 PM

Paul you could'nt be more right about Bob and I will tell everyone else on this thread what kinda guy Bob is. First off im a decent mechanic but not nearly as knowledgable as Bob and I would bet not to many of you are either or have the track time and experience. And im not talking about sitting on a stupid computer, internet racing and talking about what you can or what you have done, im talking about spending countless hours and years some more than some of your ages at a dragstip trying different combinations and constantly trying to improve. When I met Bob a few years ago I had only known him for maybe 3 months tops and I decided to remove my headers and big cam and install one of his cams thanks to Paul who I had just met at a local track. Anyways I purchased one of his cams and after many phone conversasions at home and at his work " oh and im sure he get's plenty from many of you because Ive seen his number posted here before. Well anyways I was having problems with the install and other issues due to a bad timing gear set, well I was'nt able to fix the problem so Bob decided that he would come to my house and help me out and I live about 50 miles from his house. Well after about 4 hours and burning the midnight oil we were done. Oh ya and he wouldnt even except any money I had to buy him and his wife a gift certificate for dinner. So I guess what im trying to say is that if a stupid cam spec makes you not want to buy one of his cams "don't buy it" it's probally not for you anyway. And as far as the so called idiots who don't know how to degree a cam in or spec one out, I guess some people are better at some things than others. I personally suck at grammer as you can tell from this post but im not really concerned because it's going to be my last one anyways.

later

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 08:23 PM

Quote:

...There are much better grinds out there that will make more power and idle just as smooth.....

Such as? No sarcasm here, just interested in what you would suggest.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 10:26 PM

Wayne,

The Mr Six Pack Cam is the closest I've found to the orignal low taper six pack cam that Mopar made for us in 69, its not just lift and duration, there was a diffrent lobe used on this cam, all of the current blueprint cams that I've checked are not ground on this lobe even the one marketed by Mopar and yes I have track tested, it does rev a little higher and throttle a little faster and the midrange is stronger than the over the counter generic blueprints that I've used.

This cam is best suited for stock through the manifolds,unported cylinder head engines. I'm sure theres much better choices for Fast cars or engines with mods such as porting, stroking and headers and or other mods. Its not the Be all end all of camshafts, but for street driving mild mannors unbelievable low end and midrange,track 60 fts and midrange and ets its the best I've found or used, again on stock or blueprinted engines.Remember Mopar made the A12 package as a street car, stop light to stoplight and they work they leave hard and walk fast down low and in the middle, thats what this cam is.

Wayne, you have in the past mentioned that Bobs cam is overrated and now again you mention there is better cams for power and idle, If you grind one up track test it, make it purestock legal, I will be your first customer, I will buy it without a camcard or specks I will check it to make sure its legal and if it is and does run better and Et better then I will use it post it and pass it along,I'd bet that Bob would run it and endorse it also. Were all looking for the IT, so Please grind it and test it and then let me know where to send you the money. Thanks Wayne

Paul M Petcou

MR Tom Cannon,

You IMHO are running a tight second to helping people and trackside tune-ups, Its guys like you that are a true asset to the Hobby, I'll never forget when we met I was testing dist curvs at a Purestock race and the dist was going in and out to test and you walked up and offered me your Dist machine that was in your trailer while you were in the process of rebuilding somebody elses carbs!! I'll never forget it!Thanks Tom!!! enjoyed the company and the conversations this year.
Hey Jim, stick around, between you and Tom and Joel we need the guys around here that are yanking the gears........Paul

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/20/06 10:50 PM

Thanks Paul.That really means alot.I try to help where I can.I believe what comes around goes around.In most cases I'm the one who requires help.I'm amazed at how many guys are willing to help out.Give away what they have paid for and learned for free.It's cool how some things come full circle.

I look forward to next year Paul.I'm working on something that will rank a little better than the Cuda.Look out

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/21/06 12:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Wayne/Big Squeeze

..........Paul M Petcou

Paul

You are so correct, the guy is an asset to the hobby and a genuine nice guy. Having the opportunity to meet Bob in person, after numerous friendly phone conversations in the past, you are correct he honestly wants to help people with their projects and does so without attitude.

Mike

Couldn't have said it better myself.I couldn't be happier with my Mr 6Pack cam choice.Bob helped me out over the phone on a few occasions.He is Mr 6 Pack you know!
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/21/06 01:11 AM

Wayne
I have to put in my here also. Bob has done more to promote the use of these cars and the Muscle Car hobby than anyone I know personally! He is always willing to help get thing running right on anybodys car with or without his cam in it! He has more seat time at the track than anyone I know and has spent a lifetime in his Six Pack car. Without Bob the Six Pack cars would not be as competitive in the Pure Stocks as they are. I don't know anyone that isn't running one. Furthermore all the money and time that he has spent (over the last 20 years)has perfected the cam for our needs. In the long run that saves us a ton of time and money. As a person and as a car guy Bob is truley one of the best in this hobby! Heck my wife even likes hanging out with Bob!
Good Luck finding your next F6 car!
KIDSIXPACK

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/21/06 02:47 AM

Quote:

The Mr Six Pack Cam is the closest I've found to the orignal low taper six pack cam that Mopar made for us in 69, its not just lift and duration, there was a diffrent lobe used on this cam, all of the current blueprint cams that I've checked are not ground on this lobe even the one marketed by Mopar...

Does this mean you have measured the lobe profiles of an original OEM A12 cam and compared them to Bob's cam and the other "restoration" cams currently being produced?
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/21/06 03:15 AM

Crane is making a flat tapered cam. My question is can I use their lifters with an original used A12 cam? The other question is can I use the original lifters even if they are not back on the same lobe? The person who first took mine apart saved everything but did not number the lifters.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/21/06 04:16 AM

Quote:

Crane is making a flat tapered cam. My question is can I use their lifters with an original used A12 cam? The other question is can I use the original lifters even if they are not back on the same lobe? The person who first took mine apart saved everything but did not number the lifters.

John, after you mentioned this to me previously I looked into it: Crane is not making any cams w/ the special low-taper design like was used w/ the A12 cams. They have developed some new "flat-face" hydraulic profiles, but they still use the same taper as what's normal for other hydraulic these days.

Re: the possibility of re-using the original low-taper lifters for your original cam on the wrong lobes... Well, I wouldn't chance it, to be blunt. You can only break in the cam / lifter interface once.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/21/06 11:24 PM

Paul,

I'll be the first to tell you that I'm a long way from being a camshaft expert......but I do understand the basics......unlike the majority of people on this board (which is fine, that's what this board is for).......and even I wouldn't recommend a camshaft to anyone......but if I were going to, it wouldn't be a hydraulic.......

I never said that there's a better cam for Pure Stock....I said, and I quote myself;

Quote:

The fact is, there is absolutely no reason to run his cam unless you're trying to slip by Pure Stock tech....There are much better grinds out there that will make more power and idle just as smooth.....

That means, sure, it's a great cam for someone that wants to pass Pure Stock, but it appears to me that the guy that started this thread is not building a car to be competitive at the Pure Stocks, so what I'm getting at is, if you call Porter or Scot at Straightline and tell them you've got a bone stock or blue printed motor (and you're not trying to be competitive at the Pure Stock races), they're not going to recommend a repro cam or even anything with stock lift........So why are all these people recommending the Mr. Six Pack cam to people with relatively stock motors when they don't even know the specs and probably know very little about camshafts anyway???

I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing Bob, I've met him too and his always been nice..... I'm just having a hard time getting past the reasoning behind not giving the specs when anyone like you and Tom can figure it out anyway......

PS......Does anyone have one that they can send me so I can measure it and post the numbers so we can get past all this???

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 01:05 AM

Wayne

Bob's cam has been measured and I'm sure duplicated by people; however out of respect for the man who has put countless hours in researching to find the best set up, it has never been posted!

Why don't you just buy a bunch of blanks and start your own research? It shouln't take you too long or cost you too much of your own money. Besides yours will probably be better and we can all buy one from you.
Anyone want to send Wayne a cam?

Wayne
KIDSIXPACK

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 04:01 AM

Quote:

Wayne

Ouch........I wouldn't post the numbers......on that I'm just a little .....I'm not really interested in the numbers since I don't have a need for a cam that passes Pure Stock tech..... I'd just like to see people look outside the "Mr. Six Pack cam" box when it comes to a camshaft for something other than a Pure Stocker......even if the motor is relatively pure stock...

Just curious, has anyone done an accurate, unbiased, back to back test with that cam and a repro? If so, how many MPH was it worth?

To reiterate, I hope you guys understand that I'm in no way knocking Bob's character .......I'm just trying to make a point. I did say that by doing what he does gives me the impression of him being arrogant, but I'm not calling him arrogant, and honestly, there's nothing wrong with being a little arrogant if you've accomplished as much as he has......

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 04:54 AM

Quote:

Thanks Paul.That really means alot.I try to help where I can.I believe what comes around goes around.In most cases I'm the one who requires help.I'm amazed at how many guys are willing to help out.Give away what they have paid for and learned for free.It's cool how some things come full circle.

I look forward to next year Paul.I'm working on something that will rank a little better than the Cuda.Look out

i have to agree with this , i met paul for the first time at the pure stock drags this year , talked briefly with him on my dart . took his recommendations , though i wasn't as brave on ignition advance he suggested and maybe a good thing since my timing chain was almost ready to skip a tooth , and i posted my best ET to date and the next day at my home track posted my best MPH ...

these detroit guys know their stuff ...

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 07:35 AM

John,

Thanks, I think there was more in the Dart that day its too bad you drove half way across the country(Pouring rain)to get there just in time to make one time trial run and make it count!Won the shootout also I believe, congrats and hope to see you at Martin!

Wayne,

I hear what your saying about camshafts and your right diffrent cams for diffrent apps, Bobs is the best I've found for a stock combo with the stock torque converter. IMHO I dont believe if you throw more lift and duration at the same combo it will ET as well! I dont believe it will idle as well either, 19 to 20in. @750-800 rpm!Thats in my engine!
Wayne, does Ray Barton grind SS/AA cams and advertise lift and duration on his website? Does Dan Davorak grind Max Wedge/Stock eliminator cams and advertise on his site? How about Tri City Comp. no advertisement there either? Maybe Don Little??? No Not on his Homepage???Maybe thats the reason Bob doesnt post the numbers??? Summit Racing or Jegs does advertise lift and duration for around $49.99 or something like that, (Just Pullin your tail as my son would say) Bobs helped me many many times over the years and others by this post and I know he would never never look down on anybody thats why I posted.Mr Six Pack is genuine Nice Guy as Mike has said and his goal in all these years of doing this is to help make the Mopars stand tall and run the number! See ya at Martin in the rental racer?

Brad,

Bob designed his cam to as close as posssible to the original 69 440 low taper design six pack cam, it is not a low taper but as close as he could make it to the original with what cores are avail. Bob did measure and try to duplicate his cam to the 69 cam. The question you asked me Yes, I did compair and measure Bobs cam also to my six pack cam and I also compaired a (about 98/99)version of Mopars Resto cam and a Crane Resto cam all to each other, I believe that the crane and mopar were one and the same even the paint stripe on the core was the same, I sold both of the Resto cams after that, a couple of years later I had the chance to look at a Comp cam resto cam and it was simalar to the Crane cam, nowhere near my original. Thats all that I've checked I know there are others but I havent went further.
The whole reason that Bob even made this cam was because his orignal was getting worn and he could not come up with an identical replacement he wasnt trying to become a Cam Company, he just needed a duplacate to his orignal cam, the resto cams that he used never ET as well as the orignal low taper cam so the cam he has now is as close as can be made now, he started selling the cams because all of us locals wanted to run one after seeing his track performance with his car thats why he started selling them. The cam thats in his car is the same one he sells to the guys that race with him, I've checked that also, helped him tear down and certify and the cam specks have always been the same as the one he sells,in My car, Jims Bee, Steves car, Jim S car and all of the others.

One of our Friends once said Bob will help you to beat him on the track, thats the kind of Person he is.

Thanks Guys, sorry its too long

Paul M Petcou

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 01:15 PM

/quote/ The whole reason that Bob even made this cam was because his orignal was getting worn and he could not come up with an identical replacement he wasnt trying to become a Cam Company, he just needed a duplacate to his orignal cam. / quote/

"So what was his original cam" ?
Posted By: badsixpack

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 01:25 PM

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 02:09 PM

Quote:

It sounds like it it was the original cam that came in his engine in '69.......

Quote:

Wayne, does Ray Barton grind SS/AA cams and advertise lift and duration on his website? Does Dan Davorak grind Max Wedge/Stock eliminator cams and advertise on his site? How about Tri City Comp. no advertisement there either? Maybe Don Little??? No Not on his Homepage???Maybe thats the reason Bob doesnt post the numbers???

That's a good point, but those guys, or their customers, aren't recommending those "race" cams for ANY other kind of race motor either.......

I honestly believe the a small solid flat tappet or roller cam with similar duration as a stock cam, but with more lift, will make more power and idle just as well as a stock camshaft........More lift is one of those things that does not hurt power, it only helps if the heads flow enough to use it.......

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 02:10 PM

profanity reference deleted

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 02:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It sounds like it it was the original cam that came in his engine in '69.......

Well if that "is" the case,shouldn't be hard to replicate.Also,anybody with an original motor would already have one!

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 02:20 PM

Quote:

Well if that "is" the case,shouldn't be hard to replicate.Also,anybody with an original motor would already have one!

That's not as easy as it sounds............apparantly only the '69 model A12 cars had this specific low taper grind........and nobody makes it......

HPMike....What's the cluster?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 02:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's not as easy as it sounds............apparantly only the '69 model A12 cars had this specific low taper grind........and nobody makes it......

What I am saying,if thats the case the specs are out there!

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 03:25 PM

I thought the design of the original six pack cam was more of a durability change. I read because of the Hemi valve springs there were some wear problems in the durability testing so they designed the low taper setup to fix those issues. I was always under the impression the specs were the same as the 440 Magnum cam.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 03:52 PM

Quote:

I thought the design of the original six pack cam was more of a durability change. I read because of the Hemi valve springs there were some wear problems in the durability testing so they designed the low taper setup to fix those issues. I was always under the impression the specs were the same as the 440 Magnum cam.

I think you will find that is correct.I'll stick with that summation until someone "proves ,not guesses" otherwise.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 03:53 PM

Quote:

What I am saying, if thats the case the specs are out there!

Yeah, they are, but I'm sure that Bob's cam isn't stock (that's why it's hush hush). Heck I'm sure it's asymmetric too.......That cam is a Pure Stock cheater cam........It's another case of creative interpretation of the rules....... and there's nothing wrong with that.........

Yeah, HPMike, I agree that it's a cluster that that cam is being recommended to guys that aren't Pure Stock racers......
Posted By: B_Body_Bob

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 03:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, HPMike, I agree that it's a cluster that that cam is being recommended to guys that aren't Pure Stock racers......

Don't forget what forum you're in - not too many people here wanting other than the stock sound and appearance. Common sense tells me a pure stock cam would work really well on the street too.

You know I looked back and didn't really see any posts where the OP stated what their primary purpose is - 1st reply recommended a Bob K cam and the next thing you know, here we are.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 04:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

A few thoughts here:

Wayne would the guys at straightline care if we posted the specs on there cam that's in my motor?

Everyone agrees that Bob's a great guy and if he sells me that NOS air cleaner base he has I'll write him in for Prez on the next ballot.

Bob spent a lot of time with me on the phone as I was looking to purchase an A12 and never tried to sway my thoughts just pointing out what's important to some is not to others.
How important is the H wheels to you he asked.....well I'd much rather have a build sheet. To each his own.
Posted By: RalleyA12

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 05:07 PM

Quote:

Don't forget what forum you're in - not too many people here wanting other than the stock sound and appearance. Common sense tells me a pure stock cam would work really well on the street too.

Not that I'm a pure stock racer or even that knowleable about their cams but my understanding is that they have to meet certain lift and duration requirements to be "legal". What you then do is try to get as much "area under the curve" as possible to get more mixture into the cylinders and therefore make more power. This forces you to design a cam lobe that might not be ideal from a stabilty/longevity point because it must open and close real fast. Valve spring pressures must be correct to prevent valve float and or bouncing off the seat due to the extreem lobe design. You end up trading stability for horsepower because afterall it is a race cam. My common sense tells me that although this would work on the street, that it might not be the best choice you could make especially if you drive a lot of miles.
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 07:34 PM

Do I need to buy one of these cams soon as it might be a couple more years before I get to my A12 and Bob is no spring chicken?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 08:10 PM

Quote:

Wayne would the guys at straightline care if we posted the specs on there cam that's in my motor?

I'm sure he wouldn't.......I don't even remember how much vacuum your motor has at idle.....If I remember right, it does sound really stock though......
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/22/06 08:38 PM

I've held back asking but it'll bug me if I don't, what does the 'low taper' mean?, is it the ramp design, or does the face of the lobe (where the lifter smears across) have a taper to it? Taper on ramps? Less contact area, lobe vs. lifter base? Please.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 02:02 AM

The taper is designed to allow the lifters to rotate/spin in the bores. Danny is correct in that from my understanding, the higher spring pressures involved with the A12(specially selected cam), it was found necessary to reduce the taper for increased longevity. The cam speced out like a 440-4V cam, and of course, had a 3 bolt timing gear.

As far as Bob is concerned, who cares why he wants the specs to be proprietary. As has been stated before, it is a simple task to spec the cam out, and if you really want to know and you don't have the know how or tools to do it, I would be willing to bet that any competent machinist would be willing to do it for you. The cam is a proven design/profile. I didn't get a chance to see Bob's "posse" at Martin, but the reports are that the cars were running particularly strong. I have a certain long term respect for the guy, watching him duke it out with Jim Mino and his 68 'Bird in the old days. I was running a Pontiac at the time and was amazed at how well he got that Bee running.

I gotta laugh at some who have said Bob is in it for the money or that the cam is "twice that price that it should be". With the amount of handholding the guy does, it's probably priced too cheap.

Merry X mas to all!

Mike

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 02:33 AM

Mike, I want to bring up a few points that I think are worth clarifying for some of us. I think we previously established here that the 69 A12's had a standard 1 bolt cam and the nylon tooth timing gear with street hemi (black) valve springs. The 70 and 71 cams had the roller timing chains and I don't know if they were 1 or 3 bolt cams? Now I don't remember seeing this disputed in previous threads regarding the A12 cam but the A12 cam was not advertised as the same spec as the 383/440 HP cars. The A12 cam was advertised as 276-292 54 overlap (look at the 1969 Plymouth tells it like it is Sixbbl ad). The service manual lists a 383/440 HP "Power Pack" B-Body cam as a 268 284 46 cam (with red colored valve springs) The 383 Cuda's had yet a slightly different specification than the "Power Pack". The six pack's 292 exhaust duration would definitely give the A12 more rpm's, more torque at higher rpm's and the springs would help prevent valve float. The hot aftermarket replacement wedge cam of the time was the "Hemi" grind which had a 284 284 specification and was typically available with 3 bolts. I believe this ultimately became Chrysler's standard "Purple" cam. The A12 did have the same ratio rockers but were a tighter fit on the rocker shaft (round hole vs oval) and supposed to be heavier duty... but the sixpack cam is different. My
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 01:11 PM

Quote:

The taper is designed to allow the lifters to rotate/spin in the bores.

Mike

I'm 'seeing' it right then. Thanks.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 03:00 PM

Quote:

Mike, I want to bring up a few points that I think are worth clarifying for some of us. I think we previously established here that the 69 A12's had a standard 1 bolt cam and the nylon tooth timing gear with street hemi (black) valve springs. The 70 and 71 cams had the roller timing chains and I don't know if they were 1 or 3 bolt cams? Now I don't remember seeing this disputed in previous threads regarding the A12 cam but the A12 cam was not advertised as the same spec as the 383/440 HP cars. The A12 cam was advertised as 276-292 54 overlap (look at the 1969 Plymouth tells it like it is Sixbbl ad). The service manual lists a 383/440 HP "Power Pack" B-Body cam as a 268 284 46 cam (with red colored valve springs) The 383 Cuda's had yet a slightly different specification than the "Power Pack". The six pack's 292 exhaust duration would definitely give the A12 more rpm's, more torque at higher rpm's and the springs would help prevent valve float. The hot aftermarket replacement wedge cam of the time was the "Hemi" grind which had a 284 284 specification and was typically available with 3 bolts. I believe this ultimately became Chrysler's standard "Purple" cam. The A12 did have the same ratio rockers but were a tighter fit on the rocker shaft (round hole vs oval) and supposed to be heavier duty... but the sixpack cam is different. My

Is this one close enough?

Lift: Intake @Cam 3114 @Valve 467 All Lifts are based
on zero lash and theoretical rocker arm ratios.
Exhaust @ Cam 3294 @Valve 494
Rocker Arm Ratio 1.50

Cam Timing: TAPPET @.004
Lift: Opens Closes ADV Duration
Intake 26 BTDC 72 ABDC 278 °
Exhaust 80 BBDC 30 ATDC 292 °

Cam Timing: TAPPET @.050
Lift: Opens Closes Max Lift Duration
Intake 2 BTDC 40 ABDC 109 222 °
Exhaust 56 BBDC (2) BTDC 119 234 °

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 05:17 PM

MAN! What an informative thread! I started it because I'm into the stock thing. I want to get the absolute most out of my engine while leaving it alone. Period. I'm not interested in fooling the tech inspection guys...I could care less about that stuff. I'm doing this for me, not them...

I am grateful that, as a result of this thread, I was able to contact Bob K. We spoke at length about what benefit his cam design would provide, with respect to what I was trying to accomplish. Bob was warm, generous, and was very intersted in the fact that I wanted to install his cam in my lowly little 383!

He treated me like an old freind on the phone, and I have NEVER met him! We simply don't know how lucky we are...This is a guy that was actually THERE - in Detroit - when these cars were making their mark! He got to rub elbows with some big names in the Chrysler Corp. His experiences as a youth are something that we would all give our left torsion bars to have been a part of!

The fact that he is still with us, is such a gentleman, and has no problem sharing with perfect strangers, makes him nothing less than a treasure.

As far as this Bigsqueeze guy goes, he's entitled to his opinion...This is, after all, an open forum. Personally I wish he would leave out the insulting comments.

Those of you interested in how Bob's cam does in a stock 383, stay tuned. I hope to have this thing together in the spring, and I'll post my results.

Merry Christmas to all!

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 06:03 PM

Quote:

MAN! What an informative thread! I started it because I'm into the stock thing. I want to get the absolute most out of my engine while leaving it alone. Period. I'm not interested in fooling the tech inspection guys...I could care less about that stuff. I'm doing this for me, not them...

I am grateful that, as a result of this thread, I was able to contact Bob K. We spoke at length about what benefit his cam design would provide, with respect to what I was trying to accomplish. Bob was warm, generous, and was very intersted in the fact that I wanted to install his cam in my lowly little 383!

He treated me like an old freind on the phone, and I have NEVER met him! We simply don't know how lucky we are...This is a guy that was actually THERE - in Detroit - when these cars were making their mark! He got to rub elbows with some big names in the Chrysler Corp. His experiences as a youth are something that we would all give our left torsion bars to have been a part of!

The fact that he is still with us, is such a gentleman, and has no problem sharing with perfect strangers, makes him nothing less than a treasure.

As far as this Bigsqueeze guy goes, he's entitled to his opinion...This is, after all, an open forum. Personally I wish he would leave out the insulting comments.

Those of you interested in how Bob's cam does in a stock 383, stay tuned. I hope to have this thing together in the spring, and I'll post my results.

Merry Christmas to all!

i've also talked to bob about putting his cam in my 383 dart , i'll figure that one out when i actually get the new motor finally built

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 06:50 PM

Quote:

What "insulting comments" are you talking about? You must be confusing facts with "insulting comments?"
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 07:34 PM

I haven't got time to read all the post here,so I'll just ask.Do you get a card to tell you what the cam is to be dialed in at and is this a direct replacement cam for the 6pk or do you have to upgrade the rockers as well?
Thanks,Brad
Merry Christmas

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/23/06 10:00 PM

"...I wouldn't walk across the steet to pee on one."

Sounds like an insult to me.

Our opinions may never agree, but injecting them with something that mean-spirited is never appropriate. Keep that junk to yourself.

'Nuff said.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 12:10 AM

Quote:

"...I wouldn't walk across the steet to pee on one."

Sounds like an insult to me.

Our opinions may never agree, but injecting them with something that mean-spirited is never appropriate. Keep that junk to yourself.

'Nuff said.

It'd be an insult if I said that I wanted to pee on Bob....... I didn't realize that you could insult a cam....... If I told you that I wouldn't pee on an Edelbrock Street Master intake, I'm not bashing Vic.......

You conveniently forgot the part in front of that;

Quote:

It gives the impression that he's arrogant.....

I just said that by doing that, he's giving off an arrogant impression........Big deal....I feel like's he's insulting the intelligence of his customers by not telling them the cam specs up front....so, in actuality, he's insulting you.....

If you'll notice, nobody has disagreed with me about me saying that there's no reason to run that cam in anything other than a Pure Stocker........

Next time you talk to Bob, ask him if more lift or a solid cam in his car would make it go quicker with the same idle quality....... When he says what I know he'll say, why would you still run his cam, unless you're going to the Pure Stocks?

I'm one of those people that tells it like it is.....Some people can't handle the truth.......Don't take it personaly.......

Bob is a great guy and he's been a huge asset to Pure Stock racing, but that cam isn't what any professional cam grinder would recommend to anyone other than a Pure Stock racer........

Sometimes, if you're smart enough to take good advice, you don't need it......

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 01:10 AM

Ok Wayne,

I'll bite, using a solid lifter cam on a paint daub, dated coded or even nice stock or stock appearing car why would you want a solid lifter cam??? Who wants to hear the valvetrain and even if you wanted to race in say Fast or purestock its a No and for a restored show car that would turn me off to hear solids ticking away, really really kills the theme of stock, redlines and all!

Hydro Roller, yes they have a fast ramp, are you sure that a fast ramp is what you need??? (I'll let you figure that one out) also in a stock or near stock 69 440 six pack if you used a hydro roller with the same duration (idle quailty)you might be able to get .040 more lift before you would be marginal on your piston to valve clearance and I'll say in reallity .030 would be closer, and even with .040 you would pick up minimal duration, almost none but some, also with only .040 of lift how much do you think your going to gain on an unported set of heads, go ahead type it into desktop dyno or anylizer it would be minimal and the cost of the hydo roller cam and lifters would be outragious campaired to Bobs cam, so your wasting a whole lot of cash, and time,remember this would be an untried combo, and at best you would accomplish the same, remember this is a stock or Nhra specked 69 440 or close to stock, no porting ,no aftermarket notched pistons, true flattops!!
Wayne notice the wording I'm using STOCK,NHRA specks or very close to stock when you go this route you dont have the piston to valve clearance to get big lift its minamal, you wouldnt see a big gain if any and you just brokethe bank on your budget.

Wayne when we talked at Nats years ago you make it sound like its some kind of Voodoo or special tricks to run mid 12's on redlines its not,not at all!!!, your very sceptical both then and now, There is a guy who has been doing this 35 plus years and hes put out his combo and then theres always guys who dont believe it and put together a better more expensive combo to successfly slow down and wrench on them more!

To the post above about duriburibilty, everybody thats running one of Bobs cams on this board street drives there car, Jim(Hillybilly kid) Steve(Kidd Six) Jim S and many many others oh yes and my Super Bee, also my Challenger has a ring and bearing slam motor in it that was done in 1995 with 20,000 street miles and over 2000 dragstrip passes on it, still has the orignal cam it was assembled with in 95!!! My Sixteen year old son just ran it at the High School Nats on goodyear polyglass tires went a best of 12.49 eleven years after that motor was put together! Dont think duribilty is an issue. Many Many people use this cam as a six pack resto cam in trailer queen restos, aloha resto has used them in the past in customers cars.

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
Paul M Petcou

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 01:17 AM

Paul , FYI switching to a solid in FAST is allowed even if the engine did not originally have one .

ok , back to the

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 01:45 AM

Paul.......Good points.........

On a paint daub resto, those guys typically aren't interested in performace anyway.......so a stock replacement, Bob K's, or even a mild hydraulic cam is fine.....but, if you want performance, and you're not racing Pure Stock, you typically rebuild your motor with Ross or Diamond or Keith Black pistons.......They typically have pockets deep enough to accept .750 lift........so why would you limit yourself to .450 lift? If your heads flow 230CFM at .400 or even .500 lift, then why not have more lift to allow that much flow for a longer period of time?

BTW, Stockers sure get a lot of duration in their cams.......but it takes angle milling the heads to get the P/V clearance needed....

Solids are legal in FAST..... Have you heard Sandbagger's car idle? The valve train noise is barely noticeable.......and contrary to what most people think, solids aren't a maintenance nightmare, as long as you have a nice valve job........Look at slant 6's and Cummins motors.........

No, I don't think it's a big deal to make those cars run 12's on bias tires, on a properly prepped track.......10 years ago I was going 13.0's @ 105 with a low compressoin el cheopo rebuild A12 automatic Bee, stock converter, and stock replacement cam on a typical Tulsa prepped track, which isn't too impressive.......

The only time I raced it here, Chris's car went 12.20's @ 112 spinning on a set of wore out drag radials........it's a stock motor with the exception of J&E pistons and a small custom ground solid cam......It has not had years and years of fine tuning......no tricky stuff......not even a jet change........Chris's car ran 13.0's @ 106 at Lebanon at a FAST race (I'd built the car before I'd ever heard of FAST).......that was the first time I'd driven that car on bias tires......I'd just bolted them on the day before leaving to go there.......I was bumbed that the MPH wasn't where I expected it to be.......I was hoping to be running low 12's/high 11's @ 115MPH.......(I'm not one to do a lot of work on my cars at the track. I believe in working on them at home, and then going to the track to see what happens)......I knew there was more MPH in it, so when I got home, I uncapped the exhaust and that's when it ran 112MPH.........Chris's changed the muffs since then......

I don't remember talking to you at the Nat's Are you sure I said something of that nature? Refresh my memory.....When and where did we talk? Did you have a car there that I'd remember? .........I must be getting old....

I haven't posted anything about that cam not being durable.......that was someone else......

Merry Christmas to you too.....

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 04:06 AM

The cam is awesome on the street! Very subtle and surprises the heck out of the people that I leave behind at the light! I just put one in my R/T and it looks like my 70 383 Bee will be getting one soon enough, and I drive that one a lot.
KIDSIXPACK
Posted By: Mr.Runum

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 04:25 AM

I have been following this post, because I am working on a 69 RR 4-spd post Clone for the pure stock class. The one thing that I think that has failed to be mentioned, and someone correct me (like im sure this won't happen ) if Im wrong, but wasn't one of the big part of the 6bbl "hot" parts not so much the cam specs, but the "Mushroom" lifters? That had to be put in first and held in place with cloths pins? Where the base was larger than the bodies like a bullit casing whick would allow for faster ramping?, Or am I thinking of something else?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 02:30 PM

Quote:

I have been following this post, because I am working on a 69 RR 4-spd post Clone for the pure stock class. The one thing that I think that has failed to be mentioned, and someone correct me (like im sure this won't happen ) if Im wrong, but wasn't one of the big part of the 6bbl "hot" parts not so much the cam specs, but the "Mushroom" lifters? That had to be put in first and held in place with cloths pins? Where the base was larger than the bodies like a bullit casing whick would allow for faster ramping?, Or am I thinking of something else?

you are thinking of something else , 69 6bbl cars didn't use mushroom lifters

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 03:58 PM

Difference beween low taper and standard taper.

Attached picture 3159813-camlifter.JPG

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 05:37 PM

Where'd you find that pic? Is it a Mopar book?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 06:52 PM

Waayne,that is from the old 1980 Direct Connection Performance manual.Here is the rest.

Also,for what its worth I am doing a set of carbs supposedly tweaked by Bob K.His modifications are to the letter the same as the recommended modifications in the 1980 manual. Specs attached.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 07:03 PM

That is because he wrote the book

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/24/06 07:34 PM

Quote:

That is because he wrote the book

I don't think so!

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/25/06 01:56 AM

Quote:

Waayne,that is from the old 1980 Direct Connection Performance manual.Here is the rest.

Thanks....That is really interesting......I had no idea that that cam used different lifters.......I just assumed that since the cam has less taper, that the lifter just broke into it....... Shows you what I know....

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/26/06 03:07 AM

I'm curious what people believe the specs are for the original A12 cam or the comparable 4-bbl version that supposedly was the same specs (other than the lobe taper). All I know for sure is one version of what looks like a repro cam is 214/225 @ .050", .449"/.464", 115 LSA. Has anyone measured the MP repro cam and can compare it with those #s?

Also, if you contacted the tech people for the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags and asked them what the original cam specs are for the purpose of Certification, what would they say?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/26/06 04:11 AM

I don't know about the lift, but the advertised duration for an A12 was 276 292 with 54 degrees overlap. I have an original one if you want to get together and check it?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/26/06 04:15 PM

I believe forged pistons and more cam were on the drawing board for the A12 cars but I was under the impression neither made production. JD I would be courious as to the spec's of your cam, please let us know.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/26/06 04:21 PM

I would also like to know about the spec on the orig. A12 cam. I never saw one, I do have an original '70 six pack cam. I always thought the A12's speced out the same as the 4V's with the exception being the use of the low taper design lobes/lifters.

Mike
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/27/06 03:33 AM

sounds like JD needs to get his OE cam over to Brad so he can put it in a block and measure it up.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/28/06 07:49 PM

Quote:

sounds like JD needs to get his OE cam over to Brad so he can put it in a block and measure it up.

Yep... 'cept I need to have a block w/a crank in it where I can actually measure it. But the measuring part is a "no brainer".

Here's some other stuff to on the original A12 camshaft... seems like the factory couldn't quite decide what to tell people when the cars were introduced. Here are a bunch of quotes from various "at the time" articles linked from the A12 Registry, including the links to the articles themselves, plus some of Ro McGonegal's after-the-fact comments published many years later:

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/a12roadtestspage3.html
"Compression is a moderate 10.0:1... Intake... 268 duration, Exhaust... duration is 284... Lift is .450"-inch on the intake and .465-inch on the exhaust."

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/a12roadtestpage2.html
"Compression ratio... 10.5-to-1
Camshaft... Hydraulic, .450-465-inch lift"

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/a12roadtestspage6.html
"Compression ratio... 10.1:1
cam timing... duration, int.exh.... 268/284"

http://www.homestead.com/sixpacksixbbl/a12roadtestspage7.html
Plymouth's original 440 Six BBL Road Runner ad: "Special low-taper 276-292-54 camshaft..."

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/a12roadtestspage8.html
"Cam Duration... Intake 276... Exhaust 292... Overlap 54
Lift at 0-in. Lash... Intake .450 in.... Exhaust .465 in."

http://www.homestead.com/sixpacksixbbl/a12roadtestspage10.html
"The camshaft intake side has 276* duration and .450" lift. The exhaust side uses 292* duration at a higher .465" lift. Overlap is 54*."

http://www.homestead.com/sixpacksixbbl/a12roadtestspage11.html
Ro McGonegal's comments a couple of decades after the Cecil County test:
"The production cam had 268/284-degrees duration, .450/.465-inch lift and 46 degrees of overlap, but the one in our mule kicked a little harder. This cam was reportedly phased with stock lift, 276/292 degrees of intake and exhaust duration, and 54 degrees of overlap. We suspect, too, that the 10.5:1 forged pistons originally proposed for this limited-production 440 were inside the engine of our special test car. Though early print ads specified the higher-than-standard compression ratio, the naked truth was cast-aluminum pistons and a nominal static compression ratio of 10.1:1."

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/28/06 09:55 PM

Quote:

... one version of what looks like a repro cam is 214/225 @ .050", .449"/.464", 115 LSA. Has anyone measured the MP repro cam and can compare it with those #s?

I bring this up, again, because I found an article in an older issue of Mopar Muscle where Bob K. discussed the details of both his Super Bee and his Hemi 'Cuda. In it he mentioned the MP repro cam, but said the duration at .050" #s were 208/220, which is smaller than I expected.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/29/06 04:26 PM

RoadRunnerJD and I will be making arrangements to measure his OEM A12 cam at some point to have a legit point of reference from which to compare other cam options. I can't say how soon we'll get this done, but it will happen.

BTW, the cam I had ground for my A12 RR, what I refer to as the "Mr. Snack Pack" grind" is...
Adv duration - 272/280
.050" duration - 223/232
Lift (1.5) - .503"/.513"
LSA - 115

The intended use is a for 9.5:1 CR, 906 heads w/ stock-size valves and some bowl porting, OEM exhaust manifolds, a high-flow replacement 2.5" exhaust system, 4.10 gears, 4-speed, and a custom-curved distributor from FBO. If I was running an automatic instead of a 4-speed, I'd either drop the duration down a size on both intake & exhaust, or have the same lobes ground on a tighter LSA... maybe 112-113.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/29/06 08:23 PM

Brad I used a Hughes 223-230 504I 515E with good results. It seemed to be a good exhaust manifold cam as it pushed a 3860 lbs Bee 110+ in the quarter with a cast iron intake and AVS carb. With 451 cubic inches you could hear the cam in the exhaust just slightly.
Posted By: sg333e

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/30/06 02:33 PM

Quote:

Brad I used a Hughes 223-230 504I 515E with good results. It seemed to be a good exhaust manifold cam as it pushed a 3860 lbs Bee 110+ in the quarter with a cast iron intake and AVS carb. With 451 cubic inches you could hear the cam in the exhaust just slightly.

Brad, I used the same cam above, specs very close to what you were describing. I believe the one above was 110, and I thought it rumbled quite well. Vacuum was marginal, say 12 in at idle, enough to get the six pack to idle pretty well. I'm thinking I'd like to try Bob's since I hear they will idle with about 19 in. I have another problem in that my machinist wants to order a stroker for my car...once a racer...
Posted By: B_Body_Bob

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 12/31/06 02:08 PM

Quote:

I have another problem in that my machinist wants to order a stroker for my car...once a racer...

Yeah yeah yeah, blame it on your machinist.
Posted By: PJ68RT

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 02:08 PM

I know this is an older thread...But did anyone get a definitive answer as to what where the actual specs of the A-12 cam? It sounded like someone had an orig. A-12 cam they were going to blueprint but never posted their findings.

From the links above you can see some magazines of the time printed the specs as 276/292 duration - 54 overlap, and some stated it was the same 268/284 duration - 46 overlap cam found in the 440/383 Hi-Po motors.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 02:46 PM

I posted the measurements from John D's A12 cam years ago on another thread covering some similar info.

IIRC...
Seat duration at .004": 292/310
.050" duration: 214/226
Lift: .449"/460"
LSA: 115 +3 (112 ICL)
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 03:32 PM

Holy crap; another TFTD (Thread From The Dead)!

....It's even got B body Bob in it!

Dave
Posted By: 3twos

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 04:40 PM

Does anyone know approximtely how much manifold vacumn you will have with this cam?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 05:14 PM

Bob told me 18 - 19"

Dave
Posted By: PJ68RT

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 05:31 PM

Thanks for the info BradH. Interesting seat-to-seat numbers for the duration.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 05:53 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info BradH. Interesting seat-to-seat numbers for the duration.

It's virtually identical to the Speed Pro CS661, which specs out as adv. duration 292 intake/ 309 exhaust, duration @ .050 of 214 intake and 225 exhaust, Vavle lift of .449 intake and .464 exhaust, Lobe C/L is 115. Erson also has one that's virtually the same w/ the exception of a 1-degree tighter LSA, IIRC.
Posted By: sg333e

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/10/09 11:48 PM

Quote:

Bob told me 18 - 19"

Dave

Mine made 18-20 on the dyno, depending of course on initial timing.
Posted By: ArcticCuda

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/25/12 08:36 AM

Blast from the past...

Are these cams still available?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/25/12 02:26 PM

Quote:

Blast from the past...

They should be, I'm thinking of ordering one myself .
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/25/12 03:04 PM

So when using Bobs cam you run basically stock 906 heads and exhaust manifolds? What does he recommend for compression? I really want to give his cam a try. I need to go through my 70 440 6 pack motor and was curious what needs to be done per Bobs recommendations. Thanks

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/25/12 03:11 PM

Quote:

So when using Bobs cam you run basically stock 906 heads and exhaust manifolds? What does he recommend for compression? I really want to give his cam a try. I need to go through my 70 440 6 pack motor and was curious what needs to be done per Bobs recommendations. Thanks

Bob's cam is basically a stock replacement that will pass tech for the Pure Stock drags, but it's a little different than stock. Build your engine to Pure Stock spec , either stock compression ratio as advertised by the factory or +1.5 as allowed by the current rules , though the PS guys would rather people build to factory spec.
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 12:05 PM

Specs are 497 horse , 520 lb ft torque
On dyno last summer in 95deg 110 % humid
Room.
5o5 stroker , 1.6 rockers , 20" vacuum
Dyno operator chuckled and told me
400 horse , he can tell by idle.
His hand flew off the throttle when the outboards
Opened.
It REAlly idles like a 318 stationwagon

Posted By: macmic87

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 12:33 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 03:35 PM

I recently installed his cam in my car, which is a stock 440 with 800 cfm Edelbrock AVS, repro Accurate Limited exhaust.

My engine builder was initially skeptical of the cam and tried to get me to do not only a different cam, but the typical headers, aluminum intake, holley route. On this particular car, it wasn't what I was going for. So, the only mods to the engine were internal, .020 over, slight bowl work, adjustable rockers and the carb mentioned. I only have around 100 miles on it so far, but the engine builder was pretty impressed with how it pulled. It's a 69 Charger 4spd with 3.54 gears and both the builder and I are way over 200lbs.

Once I get a few more miles on it, and tune on the carb a little more, play with the timing a little, I'll dyno test it and maybe get a 1/4 mile run in at a local track.

Unfortunately, there's no telling when that will be. I just don't get much quality time with the car anymore.

Here's a short video of it idling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mMUUexhAw&feature=channel&list=UL

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 03:52 PM

What are you guys running for ets with the Mr six pack cam? Also whats the combo? Thanks

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 04:01 PM

Mine runs good too;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofma0go-jJk&feature=g-upl

440, stock "6-pack " rods, Ross NHRA legal replacement pistons in .030, 10.75:1, unported 906's w. comp cams #911-16 springs, Mopar performance 4006767 lifters (preload set at 0.010", crane adjustable roller rockers, Bob's cam installed straight up, stock manifolds (with heat crossover flapper removed), 2.5" TTI exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflows, 727 with stock converter and "Hemi" internals plus a good shift kit, 4.10 clutch type SG 8 3/4. Carbs rebuilt by Bill O. with jetting and springs as per Bob K. and Jim S.

the engine is very strong, wish I would have put it on an engine dyno before putting it in the car but there wasn't one locally...oh well, should be on the track this summer and timeslips don't lie.

Dave

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 04:06 PM

Quote:

What are you guys running for ets with the Mr six pack cam? Also whats the combo? Thanks

My combo is as per the preceeding thread and is all as per my discussions with the PS guys including several with Bob. I haven't run mine yet, but there are many PS cars out there running his cam; times are basically 12.0 flat and up depending on the usual factors. You can expect mid to high 12's depending on how close you want to get to the extent of the PS rules as well as car set up, etc. etc. My personal goal was to duplicate the 69.5 RR Ronnie Sox test time of 12.91.

Dave
Posted By: AutoEngineer

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 06:10 PM

Quote:

Blast from the past...

Pepe, it's not so long time ago when I sent you a pic of Bob's cam package after I had bought one.
I don't find any reason why they would not be available at the moment.

Call to Bob, he's a great guy and purchase the cam from him

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 08:37 PM

DPelltier, Awesome video love it. Hope to have the same setup in the R/T. Please post your times when you get to the track. Take care.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/26/12 10:24 PM

Quote:

DPelltier, Awesome video love it. Hope to have the same setup in the R/T. Please post your times when you get to the track. Take care.

Thanks and will do.
Dave
Posted By: Dodge

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/27/12 03:28 AM

Anyone in the upper 12s with a stock 440 on pump gas?
Posted By: Cuda Cody

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/27/12 03:34 AM

I just order a cam from him.... going to pull the motor in Cindy and make the change. (383 Stroker (438) with everything else stock.) I dyno'd the motor with the cam the engine builder selected and it was good, but it just didn't idle as smooth as I wanted it to. You can come over and hear it / drive it when the new cam is in.

Quote:

Posted By: Dodge

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/27/12 12:45 PM

Will come check it out Cody. I have a cam sitting here. Just not sure on which route to build an engine. All the A12 running low 12s are on race fuel.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/27/12 03:40 PM

Quote:

...depends what you mean by "stock". If you mean "as rolled off the assy line" then I'm gonna say no. Certainly the low 12 sec. cars are running too much compression (combined with the cam's high cranking pressures as well as the detonation prone stock cast 906 heads) to run on pump gas. The general consensus of the Ronnie Sox A12 RR test was that the car was "tweeked". The fact that none of the other 440-6 road tests from "back in the day" are in the 12's would seem to support this contention.

According to "them in the know" it would be possible to run a lower compression, Pure Stock legal, 440-6 that should break into the 12's and run on pump gas, but you are definitely not going to run with the top dogs in PS at that compression level.

Dave

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/20/12 03:17 AM

Broke in the 383 cam I got from Mr. Six pack two days ago on the engine stand and put the motor back in the car today.

Let me back up and say that my engine builder came highly recommended and with everything else on the build he did great, but he had his "connection" cam company custom grid a custom cam for my motor and after 100 miles I knew it had to come out. It just wasn't right and wasn't running good. Spoke with Bob (Mr. Six Pack) and had him send me one of his grinds to see if it was better. Let me tell you I could not be any happier! The car runs fantastically and is really responsive. I'm running stock stuff (stock intake, heads, exhaust manifolds, carb) and the car feels so much stronger with Mr. Six Packs grind compared to the grind my engine builder put in. Plus it idles and runs so much better.

I would STRONGLY recommend Bob (Mr. Six Pack) to anyone who is looking for a cam grind.

Has anyone used his 340 six pack grind?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/20/12 07:03 AM

Quote:

Will come check it out Cody. I have a cam sitting here. Just not sure on which route to build an engine. All the A12 running low 12s are on race fuel.

That's because they are/were built to NHRA spec which puts the compression over what it actually rolled off the assembly line with.
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/21/12 04:51 AM

I've got one of Bob's cams going into my 383 Road Runner.

It sure is fun watching the Mr. 6Pack powered A12 cars tearing up the 1/4 mile - http://youtu.be/OFaPlDt2jt4

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/21/12 03:12 PM

I'll be talking to Bob this week for a cam for the Dart .
Posted By: Seth_Jones

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/21/12 04:03 PM

I just put one of his small block cams in my new 360 short block for my 360 duster pure stocker.I'm lookoing to break into the 13's with it.Should be ready for Martin next month.
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/22/12 12:52 AM

Quote:

Broke in the 383 cam I got from Mr. Six pack two days ago on the engine stand and put the motor back in the car today.

Let me back up and say that my engine builder came highly recommended and with everything else on the build he did great, but he had his "connection" cam company custom grid a custom cam for my motor and after 100 miles I knew it had to come out. It just wasn't right and wasn't running good. Spoke with Bob (Mr. Six Pack) and had him send me one of his grinds to see if it was better. Let me tell you I could not be any happier! The car runs fantastically and is really responsive. I'm running stock stuff (stock intake, heads, exhaust manifolds, carb) and the car feels so much stronger with Mr. Six Packs grind compared to the grind my engine builder put in. Plus it idles and runs so much better.

I would STRONGLY recommend Bob (Mr. Six Pack) to anyone who is looking for a cam grind.

In talking with Bob on the phone, he told me that when his original six-pack cam started going flat (I believe it was sometime in the early 90s), he turned to the major aftermarket cam companies and had a number of custom cam grinds made based on their recommendations. He said none of these custom cam grinds had the snappy feel of the factory original six pack camshaft so that's when he started experimenting with his own cam grinds. He said the first cam grind he tried is pretty close to the one he still uses today. Bob has a whole box of those aftermarket custom grinds sitting in his basement collecting dust, that is unless he's taken them to the recycler since I last spoke to him.

Bob also told me in his down-to-earth non-arrogant way that he's helped guys swap out their MP 484 and 509 purple shafts for his cam grind for a performance feel people find very surprising.

Posted By: cudabin

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/22/12 02:03 AM

I just ordered a Mr Six Pack Cam for my 70 V code Bee.

Tired of the poor idle and noisy valvetrain with the Comp XE275HL i am currently runnning.

At the end of the day, i know that with stock exhaust manifolds, Bob's cam with a 114 LSA will work better, so here goes...

Cheers,

Arnie

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/22/12 04:39 AM

Let us know how it turns out!

Quote:

I just ordered a Mr Six Pack Cam for my 70 V code Bee.

Tired of the poor idle and noisy valvetrain with the Comp XE275HL i am currently runnning.

At the end of the day, i know that with stock exhaust manifolds, Bob's cam with a 114 LSA will work better, so here goes...

Cheers,

Arnie

Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/22/12 11:42 AM

Quote:

I'm using his 340 cam in my '73 340 Duster. It is built to the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race rules. Correct low compression 340, factory intake and exhaust manifolds, Accurate LTD. factory exhaust, correct Thermoquad, stock converter. It just went 13.90 @ 101.55 the other night in testing.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/22/12 01:01 PM

That is a nice gain Dave

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/22/12 01:35 PM

Quote:

That is a nice gain Dave

Thanks Tom. I was pleased with the recent TQ adjustments. 60' times are still a little slow though.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/22/12 01:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That is a nice gain Dave

Thanks Tom. I was pleased with the recent TQ adjustments. 60' times are still a little slow though.

Sometimes slow can be attributed to age !!
Posted By: pacifica

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/23/12 02:20 AM

Quote:

60' times are still a little slow though.

What are the 60' numbers [please]?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/23/12 01:55 PM

2.05 to 2.15 in the 60'.
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/23/12 05:52 PM

I didn't have time to read this whole thread (on lunch break), but here is a link to an old thread about the Mr. Six Pack Cams just in case it helps someone out.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Tav

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/24/12 04:53 AM

Just ordered another cam!
Posted By: macmic87

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 05/25/12 02:51 AM

i installed a mr six pack cam in my road runner with a 6bbl setup last year. idles real nice with 18" of vacuum. responds really well and makes the car a pleasure to cruise. Bob is a great guy to talk with to get things set up right.
Posted By: ArcticCuda

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/01/12 08:21 AM

How much is complete 440-6 engine from mr Bob K? Any idea?

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/18/12 06:30 PM

My 74 Duster purestocker went 13.82@100+ last weekend at Martin,MI in the heat.Cam is working very well!

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/18/12 06:49 PM

Quote:

My 74 Duster purestocker went [Email]13.82@100+[/Email] last weekend at Martin,MI in the heat.Cam is working very well!

Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/20/12 12:12 PM

Finally bit the bullet and bought new heads. Then I bought a new intake. Snowball effect, looks like I'll be sending him an email for my 383 cam. I was looking around at cams, but don't really know what would go best with my combination. Gotta make mine faster than my dads!

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/20/12 01:19 PM

Quote:

My 74 Duster purestocker went [Email]13.82@100+[/Email] last weekend at Martin,MI in the heat.Cam is working very well!

That's really good with a stock '74 360 Seth.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 06/20/12 02:56 PM

Thanks Dave.We'll have to go to Muncie when the weather cools off.

Attached picture 7257714-Martin20123.jpg
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 07/02/12 12:28 AM

Quote:

running good ! are you 100% stock or or are you running the allowed exhaust and compression.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 07/02/12 04:48 PM

The only thing not stock is the 2 1/2 TTI exhaust pipes and Dynomax mufflers.Tailpipes are muffler shop bent 2 1/4.My calculated compression was 8.84:1 but I could go up to 9.9:1 by the rules.My pistons were .045 in the hole with a .028 MP head gasket and a 70cc chamber on the 587 heads.Block was bored .030 and stress honed but not decked.Rotating assembly was balanced.I'm running 3.55's and had a 1.99 60 ft on Saturday morning.Hot lapped it and had a 2.01 just a few minutes later.

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 07/04/12 11:02 PM

Some work on those 60' times and you will be well into the 13's.
Posted By: MoparJunkie

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/08/20 08:09 PM

Guys, I'm bumping this thread cause I wanna run one of Mr. Sixpack's cams..... Are these still available?
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/08/20 08:41 PM

A buddy of mine bought one of his cams last year and it went flat. He followed all of the proper break in procedures. I believe his cams are Engle Cams.
Posted By: KWF340

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/08/20 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by HemiA12Bee
Guys, I'm bumping this thread cause I wanna run one of Mr. Sixpack's cams..... Are these still available?

I bought one several months ago so yes they are still available.
Posted By: MoparJunkie

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/09/20 03:03 AM

I talked to Bob today. Thanks

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/11/20 06:20 PM

This thread contains a lot of good old fun in it!
Posted By: STROKIE

Re: Looking For Mr. Six Pack Cam Information - 04/11/20 09:28 PM

If your 1/4 mile target is in the 12 seconds zone, Mr. Six Pack Cam is your best friend...
https://youtu.be/tt-x-_3jjmE
© 2024 Moparts Forums