Moparts

E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness

Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/07/08 03:31 AM

Anyone know the correct hole sizes for the grommets for the PW wiring harness? I need sizes for both the door and the door pillar.
Posted By: birdboy

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/07/08 11:33 PM

if this helps a 71-up b body is 1 1/2 on cowl side and 1 1/4 on door.
Posted By: mk_

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/08/08 01:34 AM

Hi Barnabas, I measured up the power window holes on my 70 E body project today:

Drivers pillar and passenger pillar are 1.5" and the drivers and pass door are 2.0".
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/08/08 01:51 AM

I thought there was a very good thread about this within the last 6 months or sooner.

Pictures of gomments and variations in the hole size, IIRC.
Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/08/08 06:40 AM

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/08/08 09:00 PM

Quote:

I thought there was a very good thread about this within the last 6 months or sooner.

Pictures of gomments and variations in the hole size, IIRC.

Yes, I started that thread. I was surprised that mopar used different grommet sizes/combinations on each body style.

Here ya go...
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Tav

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/08/08 09:11 PM

Quote:

Hi Barnabas, I measured up the power window holes on my 70 E body project today:

Drivers pillar and passenger pillar are 1.5" and the drivers and pass door are 2.0".

Did you make those holes yourself? I'm thinking they should each be about 1/8 inch smaller so that the grommet fits tight and doesn't fall out.

Tav
Posted By: mk_

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/09/08 12:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Did you make those holes yourself? I'm thinking they should each be about 1/8 inch smaller so that the grommet fits tight and doesn't fall out.

Tav

These measurements are from my original 70 340 E body with factory power windows.
The holes in the pillars measure about 1.510" and about 2.065" on the doors, and the factory grommets fit snug.

Re: E-body power window - hole size for wiring harness - 07/09/08 02:41 PM

Thank you for measuring and posting that info. It's very helpfull.

Is the car also a 4 speed car, or a cruise control car? There is another hole I was wanting a measurement for.

Tav
© 2024 Moparts Forums