Moparts

B Body exhaust systems

Posted By: hemi67

B Body exhaust systems - 08/23/09 08:50 PM

I need an exhaust system for my 67 Hemi Charger and was considering using Dons Custom exhaust from Ohio. Has anyone had any experience with his products and service? IF so, How is the fit and quality of his products? Looking for a cheaper alternative than Accurate LTD in Oregon. Shipping alone from Oregon to Florida is 180.00.
Thanks
Santo
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/23/09 09:18 PM

A friend of mine just purchased an H-pipe and tail pipes from Dons . for a 67 Coronet R/T 440 car.

I will not know for about 3 weeks(or more)at the best in regards to fit.

But based on a very high recomendation from Jim Drain was all we needed
Posted By: Imrare

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/24/09 06:10 PM

I purchased a complete exhaust system for my 1969 Roadrunner from Don's and I am extremely satisfied. It fit like it should with very little "tweaking" and it is factory correct.
Posted By: okie

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/24/09 07:06 PM

Does anyone know how to contact Don's? Thanks Ronnie
Posted By: minivan

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/24/09 08:25 PM

Accurate is just a little over an hour from me.. I used there entire system on my 67 coronet with a 440 and there "hiflow" hemi mufflers.. fit like a glove and sounds great.. I would highly reccomend them, but I do understand the shipping costs.. If dons is anything close you will be very happy....
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/24/09 08:55 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know how to contact Don's? Thanks Ronnie

Don's Custom Exhaust

2170 Parks Ave, S. E.

Paris, Ohio 44669

1-330-862-2096
Posted By: T2R9

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/24/09 10:01 PM

I bought my head pipes from Don's at Carlisle and they were perfect. Highly recommended.
Posted By: hemi67

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/24/09 11:21 PM

Thanks to all who responded . You were very helpful. Dons it will be.

Santo
Posted By: Brian_E

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/29/09 03:34 AM

gardner exhaust is excellent, just bought a concourse grade charger exhaust from them. a+
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/29/09 11:01 AM

Has anyone purchased an exhaust from DALES CUDA SHOP? If so, your opinion?
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/29/09 12:19 PM

You should do better price wise with someone that makes/markets their own over someone that sells someone elses product.As far as Don's is concerned,you won't find anything that fits any better.20yrs ago I was selling him OEM pipes to use as patterns.
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/29/09 03:37 PM

I got an H-pipe for my 70 Hemi Charger from Don's. I was happy that it looked correct, but when I went to fit it the pipes were way off at the tail and would have rubbed the driveshaft. Since both R & L were to the same side I was left with no choice but to saw off a 3/16s at the manifold flange, reflange it again and HOPE I guessed right. You don't have much room for error on this. Luckily it fit after the first try. I had to do this same procedure 20 years ago with an H-pipe on a Hemi Cuda. If I had to do it all again I would tell them to NOT weld in the crossover pipe and ship it loose. Once that crossover is welded in place your ability to tweak ANYTHING is LIMITED.

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/30/09 06:59 PM

Quote:

Has anyone purchased an exhaust from DALES CUDA SHOP? If so, your opinion?

Anyone?
Posted By: sch1966

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/30/09 10:24 PM

I purchased a set of hemi mufflers and hangers from them last week. I was very impressed with the way I was treated. Quick and curteous service!

Re: B Body exhaust systems - 08/31/09 09:53 PM

Thanks for the reply!
© 2024 Moparts Forums