Moparts

Front inner fenderwell details/resto

Posted By: Quikshft

Front inner fenderwell details/resto - 06/29/08 06:32 PM

Hey guys, I'm working on my inner fenders and wonder about a couple things. I believe the inside front fenders are primarily going to be oversprayed with body color, but the 'fillers' (one pictured below) have no evidence of body color on them but they do appear to have a coat of black paint. Were these added after the car was painted?
Also, you can see some of the rubber seals in the picture are in a sad state, who can I order these items from?
Thanks in advance.

Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Front inner fenderwell details/resto - 06/29/08 07:26 PM

I think, more often than not, they got the factory wheel well undercoating along with the fender and inner fender panel.. This assemble was installed after paint and prior to wheel well undercoating...

Here's a copy of a picture someone replied to my thread on a similar topic...

Hope this helps.... I'm sanding mine down right now as I write this and placing the new seals on to take to the body shop. After they are done with the cutting & buffing of the paint, they will install these and spray on the wheel well undercoating....

Troy

Attached picture 4519216-front_wheel_well_body.jpg
Posted By: Paul

Re: Front inner fenderwell details/resto - 06/29/08 08:03 PM

They are one of the last things to go on the car. If your car has a radio, make sure you install the antenna before you install them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums