Moparts

Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay

Posted By: Erik

Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay - 06/24/09 02:29 PM

My 'cuda had the original engine replaced at some time and the person who did it mounted things anywhere he could. Can someone get me some pics that shows where everything should be on a '68 cuda. Things like the ballast resistor, voltage regulator, starter relay, etc.

I am about to pull the 273 that is in it. I will get the car cleaned up/painted and then I am dropping in the 416! Woo Hoo!!!
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay - 06/24/09 04:04 PM

Quote:

My 'cuda had the original engine replaced at some time and the person who did it mounted things anywhere he could. Can someone get me some pics that shows where everything should be on a '68 cuda. Things like the ballast resistor, voltage regulator, starter relay, etc.

I am about to pull the 273 that is in it. I will get the car cleaned up/painted and then I am dropping in the 416! Woo Hoo!!!

68 Dart engine bays will be the same. Is your's A/C or not?

...searching....

Here you go:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post4615728

I think the power brake boosters are black. And the 68 3 speed wipers are the half black can style.

Re: Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay - 06/24/09 05:29 PM

Thanks. My car is non-A/C manual brake. From what I see there, I've got a lot of holes to weld up!
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay - 06/24/09 07:55 PM

These are old pictures and not very good. I could take some new ones if needed. This is a 383 car.

Posted By: Blue71

Re: Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay - 06/26/09 08:40 PM

http://www.jefframin.org/restoJournalMar.shtml
Hi
Check out this link ,If it works lots of info.
Ken
Posted By: Newbomb_Turk

Re: Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay - 06/27/09 04:07 AM

Erik, I have a ton of pics I took of my 68 Barracuda 318 a/c car before I took it apart, because I new I would never remember. I could put it on a disc and mail to you if you wish, I live about 45 min north of you just outside of Scranton. The call is yours, Just trying to help a fellow Mopar guy, Newbomb

Re: Need Pics of '68 'cuda Engine Bay - 06/28/09 02:30 AM

That would be great. I live about 40 min from Scranton, just south of the outlets in Tannersville.
© 2024 Moparts Forums