Moparts

E Body Convertible rare part location

Posted By: benny

E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/20/09 06:17 PM

Bought these parts at Carlisle Pa. last year . Was advised they are original to convertibles , but do not know there function or worse yet the proper location. Can anyone advise me as to where they go ?

Attached picture 5304800-IMG_2047.JPG
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/20/09 06:53 PM

Water deflectors, go on top of the inner sheetmetal & are hidden by the rear interior trim panels...Poorly designed & typically fell off of where they were attached to within hours... I've had them on both my Challenger verts & they are never where they are supposed to be... Typically they fall inside with the window mechanism, sometimes out behind the trim panel...
Posted By: benny

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/20/09 07:05 PM

Do you mean that they go at the end of the U shaped channel that directs the water that might get there from dripping down the convertible top ? What do you think of gluing them in place ?
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/20/09 07:23 PM

Quote:

Water deflectors, go on top of the inner sheetmetal & are hidden by the rear interior trim panels...Poorly designed & typically fell off of where they were attached to within hours... I've had them on both my Challenger verts & they are never where they are supposed to be... Typically they fall inside with the window mechanism, sometimes out behind the trim panel...

Randy, try taking a heat gun to the lip of the plastic then put it on the quarter window frame. They're so tight you think they don't fit until the plastic is soften up a bit, once they cool they lock on really well. I've had mine on for 2 years now without any issues. Ofcourse, the ones I used were the ones we made and they held really tight. I tried puting them on cold and I thought we blew it since they fit like crap so that's when I got the idea of heating the plastic and it worked like a charm.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 03:27 AM

Could someone post a pic of them installed correctly. I found each of mine laying on the bottom and never have put them back on either.
Posted By: cudaized

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 04:49 AM

Does this help?

Posted these several years ago on moparts.com. I have had them installed for 15+ years [since I re-installed them] and they have never moved. They fit perfectly. Don't know why yours would dislodge? They are designed to fit tightly onto the sheet metal. Mine are original to my car.
Note: Someone might find their originals down near the drain holes.

Ola

Attached picture 5305746-_1.jpg

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 04:49 AM

Attached picture 5305749-_2.jpg

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 04:51 AM

Attached picture 5305750-_3.jpg

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 04:51 AM

Attached picture 5305751-_4.jpg

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 04:52 AM

Attached picture 5305752-_5.jpg

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 04:53 AM

Attached picture 5305753-_6.jpg

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/21/09 05:29 AM

Yup, thats where they go... But thats not where they seem to stay... Sounds Like Mike's Repos might work a little better... I haven't bothered with them for years...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/23/09 02:44 AM

Anyone have a lead as to who repro these and how much they cost? I think ours are missing also.

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/23/09 02:54 AM

Quote:

Anyone have a lead as to who repro these and how much they cost? I think ours are missing also.

Poster HEMICUDA above owns BEA & he makes them...
Along with a whole lot more really nice stuff...

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=E&cat=I&subcat=40
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/23/09 03:45 AM

Ah yes. Dealt with Mike many many times. Never saw that on his site before.
Posted By: ebodyseast

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/24/09 05:14 AM

I sold a spare original pair to a gentlemen that said he wanted to make repros, not sure anymore if it was Mike, its been a few years now, wasn't long after that I saw the repros for sale. Either way, thanks for making them new again Mike.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: E Body Convertible rare part location - 06/28/09 02:43 AM

Cudaized,thanks for the pics, after close to 15 yrs I finally put mine on tonight!
© 2024 Moparts Forums