Moparts

B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE"

Posted By: HEMICUDA

B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 06/14/09 05:26 PM

This post is kind of a continuation of the B/E & A party post from the General Section. As always, it was a freaking blast!! The quality of people and cars that come here is amazing. My family and myself are very blessed and honored to be able to open our doors to all our MOPAR friends that come, my friend Dan Pausch come all the way from Vegas to be here. I could do this every weekend, no kidding.

Congratulations go out to Tommy for winning the car show with his stunning red 72 340 Duster, that’s two years in a row. Tommy, you have $500 on account here at B/E & A when you get started on that Coronet project you have.

I’m not going to single out everyone, but, special thanks goes out to Gian (John) for making the 5 hour trip down from Michigan in his amazing 71 383 triple black Challenger and breaking bread with my family at my home on Friday night and allowing me to keep his car in my shop until Sunday Morning.

Any way, we started the Cuda build Monday afternoon, starting from the body on a cradle and all the finished sheet metal scattered all over the shop floor. I wanted to see just how much of the assembly work could be finished before the party started Saturday morning. So here’s what we accomplished in a mere 4-1/2 days.

Attached picture 5291914-BLUE-340-CUDA1.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 05:27 PM

Attached picture 5291916-BLUE-CUDA5.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 05:28 PM

Attached picture 5291917-BLUE-CUDA2.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 05:29 PM

Attached picture 5291919-BLUE-CUDA3.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 05:29 PM

Attached picture 5291920-BLUE-CUDA4.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 05:30 PM

Attached picture 5291921-BLUE-CUDA6.gif
Posted By: plumbeeper

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 05:51 PM

Looks good Mike. I take it you're using a lot of BEA Parts on it.

Dave

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 07:01 PM

Quote:

Looks good Mike. I take it you're using a lot of BEA Parts on it.

Dave

I'm using every part we make on this car.
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 07:10 PM

WOW....Now that's what I call progress.

Looks great Mike!
Posted By: 71340vert

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 09:05 PM

Wow, amazing how much you got done so quickly. I'd like to hear more about the car. Are you building it to the build sheet or making it the way you want it. Is this car yours or a customers? I look forward to making the trip from MI when I finish one of my cars.
Posted By: anlauto

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/14/09 09:21 PM

4 1/2 days and that's it???? Did you have one hand tied behind your back or something? How many guys we talking here? How many cases of beer?....

Only question I have is why is the upper cowl blacked-out?
Other then that it looks sweet

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 01:14 AM

Quote:

Wow, amazing how much you got done so quickly. I'd like to hear more about the car. Are you building it to the build sheet or making it the way you want it. Is this car yours or a customers? I look forward to making the trip from MI when I finish one of my cars.

The car is another Cuda I personally own that I'm building the way I want it.

Here are the specs on the car:
4-speed
shaker
billboards
391 rear gear
T/A steering box
Rally gauges
Console
B2 blue (71 only color I've never seen another Cuda that color)
Broadcast sheet and fender tag

Every part on the front suspension and rear end, including the springs are powder coated. And guess what? Even the bottom is painted just like I like it.

Allan, you're right, I've been dragging my feet on this build since it will take until next weekend to complete it and take that first drive. Total restoration time will come in at approx. 6 months from start to finish.
Posted By: sg333e

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 01:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The car is another Cuda I personally own that I'm building the way I want it.

Here are the specs on the car:
4-speed
shaker
billboards
391 rear gear
T/A steering box
Rally gauges
Console
Broadcast sheet and fender tag

Every part on the front suspension and rear end, including the springs are powder coated. And guess what? Even the bottom is painted just like I like it.

Allan, you're right, I've been dragging my feet on this build since it will take until next weekend to complete it and take that first drive. Total restoration time will come in at approx. 6 months from start to finish.

Well thanks for making those of us in multi year restos feel stupid .......heck if I got a couple bolts blasted clean and made a couple of UPS runs in 4.5 days I'd be doin' good.

Good for you for doing it like you want. I'd like to see that color in the sun, never heard of it.

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 02:02 AM

Quote:

B2 blue (71 only color I've never seen another

It is a cool color. The guy I bought my Challenger from has a 71 Challenger in that color still wearing the original paint. However, his car has B5 Blue Interior.

Joe
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 02:05 AM

Ah, so thats where all of our hard earned money for your parts are going! Looks fantastic Mike. Can't wait to see it at some shows.

Hey, is it going to be done for Carlisle to show off all of your repro items on it?
Posted By: stwheels

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 02:43 AM

Quote:

That is a beautiful color, this is a shot of a customers car here in Canada another B2 71 Cuda (original color car).

Attached picture 5293090-PA200005.JPG
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 12:50 PM

Wow !!!! Mike, looks great and at 4+ days !!!

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 01:21 PM

I wasn't really crazy about the color, at first, kinda grows on you. If it hadn't been a kinda rare color I might have changed it, glad I didn't.

It is very difficult to show any of my cars at the big shows between everything else going on and I'll probably never get the chance. My doors are always open to anyone that might want to see my junk.
Posted By: HemiChallenger

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 02:26 PM

Dang Mike your making me depressed! Hauling on that thing. Looks good and sorry i couldnt get out the BBQ, it just couldnt happen.
Posted By: tx9cuda

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 02:53 PM

Cuda looks awesome Mike. You might of finished it in a week if you hadn't been playing so much golf last week! Great to see you doing a 340 car.

Bryan (Georgia)
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 02:55 PM

Sweet car in the making there.

Gonna put a wing on her? Billboards? Painted grille?

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 05:28 PM

Quote:

Sweet car in the making there.

Gonna put a wing on her? Billboards? Painted grille?

I'm not adding any options to the car, it came with black billboards, argent grille and no wing. I thought it would be cool to have at least 1 small block in the stable.
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 06/15/09 05:28 PM

So Mike where is that chair you said you take naps in? Don't see it in the pic! Nice car by the way! Sorry I didn't make the trip to the party!

Corey
(Hartford's Best Paint and Body)
we bought those parts for that 68 charger

Quote:

This post is kind of a continuation of the B/E & A party post from the General Section. As always, it was a freaking blast!! The quality of people and cars that come here is amazing. My family and myself are very blessed and honored to be able to open our doors to all our MOPAR friends that come, my friend Dan Pausch come all the way from Vegas to be here. I could do this every weekend, no kidding.

Congratulations go out to Tommy for winning the car show with his stunning red 72 340 Duster, that’s two years in a row. Tommy, you have $500 on account here at B/E & A when you get started on that Coronet project you have.

I’m not going to single out everyone, but, special thanks goes out to Gian (John) for making the 5 hour trip down from Michigan in his amazing 71 383 triple black Challenger and breaking bread with my family at my home on Friday night and allowing me to keep his car in my shop until Sunday Morning.

Any way, we started the Cuda build Monday afternoon, starting from the body on a cradle and all the finished sheet metal scattered all over the shop floor. I wanted to see just how much of the assembly work could be finished before the party started Saturday morning. So here’s what we accomplished in a mere 4-1/2 days.

Posted By: 340SIX

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 07/11/09 02:28 AM

Mike that car looks so sweeeeet!
Anymore pics of the front suspention?
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD - 07/11/09 03:01 AM

It has taken me over a year and I am not to the point where yours is in the first picture! The engine and transmission is still in it.
As a former TV repairman whose set was always on the blink, I know how tough it is to finally get a personal project going. I think it is great that after all the work you have done for others to get a chance to do one for yourself. Congratulations.
My Cuda is the oh not so rare B-3 and I thought B-5 was the best blue. I am not sure now.
I am sure you will keep us up to date on this one and keep us motivated to keep at our own projects.
Craig

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 02:14 PM

Well? Been dragging my feet since the party. We finished welding up the exhaust Tuesday, pipes, mufflers and resonators from Dales Cuda Shop not welded. If you want your exhaust to fit perfect without any drama, hang it and weld it yourself. Had the front end aligned by my buddy that owns a tire shop across the street yesterday. Last thing to do is put the glass in which will allow me to finish the interior, a Saturday job. Looked out the office door this morning and got the itch to take the car for a ride so I ran down to Nick’s place (Compuflow) to show off the engine he did the machine work on, should have worn my goggles. I’ve never owned a small block but I can tell you they are a pleasure to drive, much more street able when you get older than a ground pounding big block. Gus, my 4-speed box shifts flawlessly, you did good thank you. Thx to Jules and Jim Ridge for the wiper motor, blower motor, starter and alternator. Also, special thx to Dave Walden for the correct complete sticker kit for the car, his anal retentiveness goes very well with mine. Can’t wait to get his date coded glass installed.

So, there you have it, number 5 for the stable and actively looking for a 4-speed AAR for the next project.

Michael C. Ross – Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Attached picture 5372592-340-CUDA3.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 02:14 PM

Attached picture 5372595-340-CUDA2.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 02:15 PM

Attached picture 5372597-340-CUDA1.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 02:15 PM

Attached picture 5372598-340-CUDA.gif
Posted By: VCODE

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 03:32 PM

Hi Mike,
Wow,nice 340 Cuda you have there
Where did you get all the parts,OH that's right
Bob
Posted By: JS29

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 07:02 PM

Pics DO NOT do this car justice. The color in person is gorgeous.

FINALLY!!!
Quote:

and actively looking for a 4-speed AAR for the next project.

Posted By: mike69rr

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 07:45 PM

VERY nice addition Mike
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 08:00 PM

Quote:

VERY nice addition Mike

Posted By: Ludington1

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 08:46 PM

Wow... seeing that car makes me think I'm an absolute fool for thinking of selling my 71 Challenger R/T shaker project car. Beautiful job, Mike

Darren
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 08:57 PM

Very nice Mike !!!
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 09:08 PM

Looks good Mike, but your post reads like a NASCAR driver after taking the checker.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/24/09 11:32 PM

Boy those black steelies along with the scoop and billboard really compliment that color.
Looks like it really means business.
Cool ride Mike
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/25/09 04:03 AM

Mike the car looks great you for got to say the reason its takin so long is you have been to many shows sellin parts It was great to see you and the wife at carlie and the gang

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/25/09 06:20 AM

Thx for all the nice comments guys, and yes, it's been a zoo getting ready and doing the shows. As always, it was a pleasure for you guys to allow me to slap it around with you at Carlisle.

Terry, those 450 steel wheels will be getting the "NEW" B/E & A "Plymouth Division" hub caps and thank you very much for the bubble emblems, I was pretty jammed up when I didn't have them.

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/25/09 06:58 AM

Mike,

Fantastic job on the car. Sorry I never got a chance to get back to see you out at Carlisle but ran into some issues that needed to be resolved and of course that effected my money supply which seemed to burn up quite fast. Don't ya just love unexpected problems? Wheels are supposed to "wobble" right?
Posted By: crscuda

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/26/09 01:27 AM

HEMICUDA, I love-it!!!

I was wondering if there was a difference between the Plymouth B2 "71" and B3 "70" colors?

Thanks

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 07/26/09 01:29 AM

Awesome work!

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 07:11 AM

Well, she's offically finished. This is my first small block, man do they ride better than my Hemi's or 440-6 equipped cars. The car is a pleasure to drive, it handles so much better than a nose heavy ebody.

I picked up a Pink T/A at the Nat's and the body is currently in process and I hope to have that one done next summer.

Attached picture 5441358-BLUE-340-CUDA.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 07:12 AM

Attached picture 5441359-BLUE-340-CUDA1.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 07:12 AM

Attached picture 5441360-BLUE-340-CUDA2.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 07:13 AM

Attached picture 5441361-BLUE-340-CUDA3.gif

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 07:29 AM

Here's a before picture. The car was a good one to start with, original sheet metal everywhere. The only drama was in the quarters front and rear of the wheel house. The AMD full quarter fit awsome, as good as any NOS piece or better. The original outer wheel house and extension were nice as well as the trunk pan and floor pans. The
car was originally set up to race, wasn't cut but we did have to remove the roll cage and frame ties. Other than that, this was a really good body to work with.

Attached picture 5441369-4-3-2009-092.jpg

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 07:31 AM

Another

Attached picture 5441370-4-3-2009-091.jpg

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 10:51 AM

Quote:

Well, she's offically finished. This is my first small block, man do they ride better than my Hemi's or 440-6 equipped cars. The car is a pleasure to drive, it handles so much better than a nose heavy ebody.

I picked up a Pink T/A at the Nat's and the body is currently in process and I hope to have that one done next summer.

That is really nice
That T/A from the Nats will look real good when done
Bob
Posted By: 70shaker6pk

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 12:03 PM

Looks great! This the T/A? Can't wait to see it when your done!
[image][/image]
Posted By: tx9cuda

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 12:06 PM

Quote:

The car is a pleasure to drive, it handles so much better than a nose heavy ebody.

That is one sweet 'Cuda, Mike. great job!
& welcome to the small block club!

Bryan
Posted By: bremotorsports

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 12:09 PM

Mike,

Outstanding job, and we will all look forward to the T/A!

Bill Rolik
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 12:34 PM

Dang that car looks good. I like that color. Sure would look good with a Go wing. Either way, looks amazing. Congrats. I forget what its like to have a finished car.

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 01:03 PM

Quote:

Well, she's offically finished.This is my first small block.......

Looks absolutly fantastic Mike I love the colour combo....

But you're not finished yet....You're missing the "Plymouth" emblem on the hood and the wheel lip mouldings which were standard on BS Cuda's (except Hemi), but I'm sure you're aware of that.

P.S. Have you sent me my center caps and lug nuts for the Barrelcuda yet?

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 04:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But you're not finished yet....You're missing the "Plymouth" emblem on the hood and the wheel lip mouldings which were standard on BS Cuda's (except Hemi), but I'm sure you're aware of that.

Early built cars didn't have the "Plymouth" emblem on the hood and when I can find someone that actually makes wheel lip molding that fit they'll go on.

Nuts and caps coming your way.

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 04:19 PM

Quote:

[image][/image]

That's the one, only problem was the car didn't have the broadcast sheet....well, until that following Wednesday.

Check out this thread I stumbled on doing a search on google the Monday following the Nats.
http://tinyurl.com/m946mc

I almost fell out of my high back leather chair, the one I nap on in my office, when I read it.

Thx to Ken, my T/A is reunited with a perfect sheet to the car.
Posted By: Kirby

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 04:28 PM

Mike- now that you are a small block guy- don't you have to change your Moparts name? J/K- Looks great! I know where a pink AAR is that would look sweet next to that T/A!

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 04:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

[image][/image]

That's the one, only problem was the car didn't have the broadcast sheet....well, until that following Wednesday.

Check out this thread I stumbled on doing a search on google the Monday following the Nats.

I almost fell out of my high back leather chair, the one I nap on in my office, when I read it.

Hey Mike,
Cool
Luck is better than Money
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 05:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

[image][/image]

Wow, that is some great luck with aquiring the BS! I was checking that TA out when you and your guys pulled up on the golf cart I did over hear one of your employees tell the owner he would have bought it if the engine #'s matched, glad it didn't bother you enough to pass on what I think is an awesome car

Good luck on the project!

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 05:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[image][/image]

Wow, that is some great luck with aquiring the BS! I was checking that TA out when you and your guys pulled up on the golf cart I did over hear one of your employees tell the owner he would have bought it if the engine #'s matched, glad it didn't bother you enough to pass on what I think is an awesome car

Good luck on the project!

I didn't tell the owner I had the line on his numbers motor.
Posted By: Chally426

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 07:56 PM

I looked at that car about a year ago. the guy also had a hit real hard black 69 hemi super bee with a gator grain top and a red rump stripe. Also had a superbird and a hand full rare 30th annaversity trans am's.

At that time he wanted way to much for the T/A..
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 11:17 PM

Quote:

Early built cars didn't have the "Plymouth" emblem on the hood ...

How early?

The 10-09-70 build on my '71 GC that I just sold had the emblem.

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/26/09 11:19 PM

I did not attend the Nationals...

What was the "asking" price on the FM3 T/A ?

I've seen some FM3 AAR projects with very high asking prices, does the same hold true for T/A's ?

It's most definatly in the right hands now
Posted By: MLR426

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/27/09 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Early built cars didn't have the "Plymouth" emblem on the hood and when I can find someone that actually makes wheel lip molding that fit they'll go on.

My 71 8/13/70 built car had the plymouth hood emblem. As far as wheel well trim, you will not
find any that fit. You will have to use a crimping tool, sand and buff to remove marks
made by the crimping pliers. My turned out great.

logan426

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/27/09 06:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My 71 8/13/70 built car had the plymouth hood emblem. As far as wheel well trim, you will not
find any that fit. You will have to use a crimping tool, sand and buff to remove marks
made by the crimping pliers. My turned out great.

logan426

All the shaker stuff was missing from the car so I had to round up all the original parts. The 71 hood I found didn't have the wholes for the emblem which it will today. Just looking for an excuse why it wasn't there.

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/27/09 11:57 AM

I find that the wheel trim from DALE'S CUDA SHOP is the best to work with. You won't get a 100% tight fit, but you can get them darn near perfect. I use a double clamp method (with rubber jaws for woodwork) with self-drilling screws.
I don't think they fit 100% tight from the factory either.

Mike, you had me going on that emblem thing...I was asking around every expert I know...
Posted By: MLR426

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/28/09 12:35 PM

Quote:

I find that the wheel trim from DALE'S CUDA SHOP is the best to work with. You won't get a 100% tight fit, but you can get them darn near perfect. I use a double clamp method (with rubber jaws for woodwork) with self-drilling screws.
I don't think they fit 100% tight from the factory either.

Mike, you had me going on that emblem thing...I was asking around every expert I know...

Alan,

I used Dales trim and crimped the areas for better fit and they worked out good. It took some time but they look nice.

logan426

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/29/09 08:37 PM

Mike,
Very nice!!! Who's exhaust system did you use? Thanks.

Ray
Posted By: 3404

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/31/09 12:42 AM

Cuda looks great Mike, another fine looking ride.

Eric
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/31/09 08:26 AM

talk about fantastic. You got me jazzed about working on my 72' charger!

rally wheels will be going away for black rims and dog dishes.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/31/09 11:05 AM

Quote:

and when I can find someone that actually makes wheel lip molding that fit they'll go on.

Anyone else find it funny...this line coming from the guy who's striving to re-make more and more quality restoration parts?

Car looks great! with any luck, I'll get mine going here soon...the restoration that is. I'm a long way off from driving the car, even without the glass.

but, I could toss a milk crate in it, hook it up the to garden tractor, and "drive" my big block cuda at a breakneck speed of, slightly faster than walking speed, while my wife tows it from the house down to our new shop where I can spread out and get back to it!

(I say break neck speeds cause, even at walking speed...without brakes--you feel like you're flying!)

(Poured concrete Thursday, the guys are coming today to put the doors up, let it sit for a month or so, and then putting a nice epoxy floor down, and moving in, just in time to give up the attached 2 car garage to the wife so she can park inside again! it's amazing how much room a car, boxes of parts, and shop equipment can take!

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/31/09 01:02 PM

Quote:

Mike,
Very nice!!! Who's exhaust system did you use? Thanks.

Ray

Hey Ray, I got the complete system from Dales Cuda Shop and welded it up myself. With the short manifold pipe on the 71 and up 340 it makes it real easy to bump the pipes around until the resonators and mufflers and perfectly straight before welding.

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/31/09 04:23 PM

Thank Mike!

Re: B/E & A Restoration Parts Inc. - CUDA BUILD "UPDATE" - 08/31/09 05:31 PM

Mike, the 'Cuda looks fantastic!

BUT, the story about the BCST for the T/A is AWESOME! How cool is that?!?!

Joe
© 2024 Moparts Forums