Moparts

pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion

Posted By: mxbeep

pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 02:58 AM

AS anyone bought or seen in person the repro woodgrain steering wheel from PG classic or BE/A

If so , how does it compare to an original,

Is it worth the $400.00 selling price.

thanks
Posted By: sixpaktoogo

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 03:49 AM

Quote:

AS anyone bought or seen in person the repro woodgrain steering wheel from PG classic or BE/A

It doesn't (by the photos I've seen).
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 01:31 PM

Quote:

thanks

$400 , I thought they were cheaper than that ?
Posted By: Paul

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 03:00 PM

If those are the wheels I'm thinking of, they are way off.

The woodgrain looks overexagerrated but it's the spokes that blow it away. Basically bright shiny chrome, not the dull satin finish that originals had.

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 04:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thanks

$400 , I thought they were cheaper than that ?

actually they are 435.00$

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 04:11 PM

Quote:

The woodgrain looks overexagerrated but it's the spokes that blow it away. Basically bright shiny chrome, not the dull satin finish that originals had.

I appreciate the input, but have you seen them in person or just the pictures. I also find the pictures of the spokes too shiny,

Sometimes the camera can play tricks on images and finishes
Posted By: Paul

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 04:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I appreciate the input, but have you seen them in person or just the pictures. I also find the pictures of the spokes too shiny,

Saw it in person, someone had one at a show recently. If I remember correctly, it was at the WPC Winter Swap meet this past January. The spokes were way way way too bright and the woodgrain very pronounced. It looked almost 'cartoonish' to me.

I'll save my $435 to have one of my originals restored.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 05:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Saw it in person, someone had one at a show recently. If I remember correctly, it was at the WPC Winter Swap meet this past January. The spokes were way way way too bright and the woodgrain very pronounced. It looked almost 'cartoonish' to me.

I'll save my $435 to have one of my originals restored.

With this in mind I'll have my original restored and it looks like the NOS 70 I have isn't worthless after all ...
Posted By: drmopar

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/09/09 06:48 PM

I purchased one, and the spokes are stainless, and can be dulled up with a scotchbrite pad. The woodgrain is smooth and is pretty much just fake wood. There is no grain. Nice otherwise. I can get the wheels cheaper if someone is interested from Mike at B E and A.
Posted By: hotrod98

Re: pg classic 1969 b-body woodgrain steering wheel qestion - 06/12/09 12:40 AM

Has anyone seen the leather Tuff Wheel that Mike is selling? BE&A's price is better than the other places and I need a couple of them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums